Misha Mansoor Presets and mini-review

Gotta add to my earlier comments, that i really dig the clean and the low/mid gain as in their sole purpose, they sound nice and i really think it's cool and im grateful that Misha put these out!

I like the rhythm preset. like it better with 59 sim taken off the cab though and set to none

but horses for courses

Not really a fan of Periphery or really that impressed by the tones Misha pulls. But i really appreciate him sharing his stuff. I wish more guys would be willing to share their sound as well, as its great to see how other guys and bigger names approach tones. Keep up the good work Misha, although not my thing i still really appreciate what you've done.

Downloaded the presets.
Laughed at the fact he used a mic over a pre-mixed and mic'd impulse.
Immediately shut up when I hit a note and heard perfection.
Might have to skip work today.
At the very least, I will be spending the weekend CLOSELY studying these presets.

Haha ok dude, i am really impatient to hear nolly, jake and mark presets too. I'm a very big fan of periphery since this time is personal. I bought an axe fx 2 because of this record ^^. Ps : juggernaut is insane, the bad thing, 22 faces and stranger things are the songs that i like the most :).

Always hoped Mark would finally make a patch seeing as everyone else did at some point.

You can get Mark presets if you purchase the Pale Aura pack that includes the Guitar Pro Tab. I tried the presets but really didn't like them. He must have made them a while ago on old firmware.

Ps : juggernaut is insane, the bad thing, 22 faces and stranger things are the songs that i like the most :)

No post-script required. Even if Djent/Metal genres are not 'your thing', listen to "22 Faces" and hear the verse syncopation [Matt & Nolly], the chorus guitar riffage and hang on for dear life in deep musical appreciation just for fun. And yes, this song was recorded with 6-string guitars:

Side Note: What an opportunity for FAS artist(s) to be willing to share what and how they use their gear to the FAS community. Periphery [band members & band] is a great example of how humility can inspire any one of us on here to reach further into our musical journey!

Thanks for sharing the patches. Shared patches are kinda hit and miss with me. These are a HIT sounds great with my Carvin DC7 w/ Carvin active pickups very nice tonal balance for lead or rythem or even: Duh-Jent Duh-Jent diddle diddle Duh-Jent Duh-Jent diddle diddle Sprong . Onomatopoeia song - HA -

Awesome thanks for sharing the patches Misha ,I look forward to checking them out.I love the new Juggernaut discs.

Thanks Misha - I've tried them at bedroomlevel and there soundet fantastic - tomorrow I'll play with them at a session with friends and look forward to hear them loud...:eagerness:

I love Periphery and listen to them a lot.

Strangely enough (or not) the music I write and play is nothing like what they do so these presets are a kind of personal fun thing I'll mess about with in my home studio. I have a special down tuned, heavy gauge guitar I use from this exact purpose.

Having said that, I actually use one of Misha's clean presets playing live with Dirty Lions.

No post-script required. Even if Djent/Metal genres are not 'your thing', listen to "22 Faces" and hear the verse syncopation [Matt & Nolly], the chorus guitar riffage and hang on for dear life in deep musical appreciation just for fun. And yes, this song was recorded with 6-string guitars:

A 6 string bass guitar maybe, but that song is definitely written and performed on 8 string guitars.

Necro bumping because I rather not start another thread. Does loading these up with the latest 1.06 firmware change them drastically ? I've been using the mid gain preset with the suhr badger in it a lot and it's by far one of my favorites. I don't want to lose that sound lol.

I'm working on getting new presets from Nolly, Mark, and Jake too.
Maybe when the tour finishes we can talk about doing some IRs with these guys.
Heeyyyy @M@
Tour ended last night. They have three weeks off. Can you hit those those guys for some presets? Please and thank you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom