Migrating Axe-Fx II presets to AX8: my approach

Am I correct that there is still no way to simply save an Axe FX II preset in Axe Edit, and then open the same preset in AX8 Edit and save it to the AX8? The only option is to save block in the library?

Am I correct that there is still no way to simply save an Axe FX II preset in Axe Edit, and then open the same preset in AX8 Edit and save it to the AX8?
FracTool. ;)

But even FracTool can only work within the limits of the hardware. For example, if you have an Axe-Fx II preset that uses two amps, one of those amps isn't going to make it into your AX8, because the AX8 can't do dual amps.

Thanks! I did not see that. A few follow ups:

1. I know I can only have one cab block, but is it possible to somehow have 2 different cabs in that cab block?
2. For all my presets I have 2 routings; one to FOH and one to an amp, because I sometimes connect to an amp on stage. I have most effect after the cab, that means as I can only have one reverb block that I cannot have any reverb in the chain going to the amp or is it a way to solve this?

1, yes select a stereo cab. You can pan the cabs, or not

2 put you cab last in the chain. Cab connect to the FOH, last block before the cab connects to your amp

2 put you cab last in the chain. Cab connect to the FOH, last block before the cab connects to your amp

1. So with a stereo cab block I can have two cabs. Would I need to pan them to get the effect of having two cabs of could I put both in the middle? If I put both in the middle, what will then be the difference compared with a preset on the AXE II where I had the same two cabs, just in two separate blocks? Should the sound be the same?
2. Yeah I could do that, but should not many effects/blocks be after the cab, e.g. reverb, PEQ, etc?

Would I need to pan them to get the effect of having two cabs of could I put both in the middle? If I put both in the middle, what will then be the difference compared with a preset on the AXE II where I had the same two cabs, just in two separate blocks? Should the sound be the same?

Try both and see what you like best ! "having the effect of two cabs" is vague, I don't know if you pan them or not ;)

Would I need to pan them to get the effect of having two cabs of could I put both in the middle? If I put both in the middle, what will then be the difference compared with a preset on the AXE II where I had the same two cabs, just in two separate blocks? Should the sound be the same?

Depends what you want to achieve. If you run stereo, having two cab blocks panned hard left and right is the same as having two IR’s in a stereo block panned hard left and right. If you want to blend two IR’s (I like factory #60 greenbacks blended with factory #61 V30 for instance) running two cab blocks both panned middle is the same as a stereo cab block both sides panned middle.

Back
Top Bottom