Wish Midi Out on USB

Johan Allard

Power User
I would love it if it was possible to add Midi Out over USB on the FM9. I've recently been experimenting using BandHelper to control my FM9, setting presets and tempo. I've added a couple of control switches on the FM9 for Previous/Next Song that sends a midi command to BandHelper. BandHelper then selects the next or previous song, selects the predefined preset on the FM9 and sets the correct tempo. Works great but currently relies on Midi to USB cables. They work but it would be much nicer if that could happen over USB instead. Currently what works on the FM9 according to my tests:

USB:
  • Midi In
  • Audio IN (BandHelper can for instance be triggered to play a track when next song is selected)
Midi Connectors:
  • Midi In
  • Midi Out
So there's currently no easy way of getting all three functions to work and it seems adding Midi Out over USB would solve that issue. If this was added, there's obviously also a whole range of other stuff that this could be used for as well.

Pretty please, with a stiff whiskey on top, could this be added in a future release. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom