MIDI automation (USB or MIDI Port)

pedro.moreno

I've been trying to set up some automations in my DAW (Reaper) and for reamping, but I've been experiencing some latency issues when switching scenes, presets, and controls. I'm using USB, could that be the problem? Is there any config I should do? Should I invest in a MIDI cable to connect the FM9 to my audio interface?

Following this...

Adding my own question... when gigging the FM9 live, is there any other way to do midi? For example, if guitarist is in front of stage, are we basically needing to get a 50 foot midi cable and snake that along with any other XLR's coming out of the unit? Is there a more efficient or easier way?

I didn't mean to hijack your thread @pedro.moreno

I've been trying to set up some automations in my DAW (Reaper) and for reamping, but I've been experiencing some latency issues when switching scenes, presets, and controls. I'm using USB, could that be the problem? Is there any config I should do? Should I invest in a MIDI cable to connect the FM9 to my audio interface?

If anything, using MIDI DIN instead of USB would be slower. How much of a lag are you seeing? Does it correlate to the amount cpu usage in the preset? Does it matter if FM-Edit is running?

If anything, using MIDI DIN instead of USB would be slower. How much of a lag are you seeing? Does it correlate to the amount cpu usage in the preset? Does it matter if FM-Edit is running?
I see, so USB is more effective. The preset I'm using is using around 60% of the CPU; it's not a preset with a lot of effects and modulations and it's the same time with others presets. When the scene/preset change occurs through automation in the DAW there's a latency of about 0.5~1.0 second. Additionally, the sound stutters during this change. I didn't try without FM-Edit...

I see, so USB is more effective. The preset I'm using is using around 60% of the CPU; it's not a preset with a lot of effects and modulations and it's the same time with others presets. When the scene/preset change occurs through automation in the DAW there's a latency of about 0.5~1.0 second. Additionally, the sound stutters during this change. I didn't try without FM-Edit...
Turn off, or at least pause the editor when recording, reamping, or performing. Having the editor running will bog things down and can cause delays in switching, and stuttering, etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom