MFC101 pics!!!

At this point, I think the only thing keeping me from buying the liquid foot pro is the hope that the fractal controler's buttons can be set so that the entire bottom two rows of buttons (all 12 of them) can be set to change patches and the third row of 6 buttons can be set for IA swithes for effects, and the top three buttons can be set for for bank changes and the like.

Also, it needs to be a lot cheaper than the liquid foot. I've got some great ideas for all those buttons on the liquidfoot and the fractal will have to use its price tag to convince me that having fewer switches "really doesn't mean all that much."

GreatGreen said:
I've got some great ideas for all those buttons on the liquidfoot and the fractal will have to use its price tag to convince me that having fewer switches "really doesn't mean all that much."

Especially if the Fractal unit allows 2nd and 3rd click programming.

m lebofsky said:
GreatGreen said:
I've got some great ideas for all those buttons on the liquidfoot and the fractal will have to use its price tag to convince me that having fewer switches "really doesn't mean all that much."

Especially if the Fractal unit allows 2nd and 3rd click programming.

I just want an affordable and good controller that fits in a 2-space rack drawer, the rest is all gravy (but the patch-names and tuner are "gravy" that seem worth waiting for).

aksman said:
I just want an affordable and good controller that fits in a 2-space rack drawer, the rest is all gravy (but the patch-names and tuner are "gravy" that seem worth waiting for).

That's exactly why I'm still hanging on. Initially, I wanted to be loyal to Cliff and Fractal and buy something from them as thanks for them giving us such a great product. But, at this point, necessity is starting to trump my desire to be loyal and give them more of my money. I'm going to need something pretty soon. I'd still like to be loyal, but I only have so much money these days and I need something better than what I've got now. I can't buy 2. I'm sticking with whatever I buy. I'm 95% of the way towards giving up and buying a Liquid Foot pro. The only reason I haven't done it, yet, is because I know that IF the Fractal unit ever comes available, it will have the tuner, the patch names on the display, and will probably be extremely compatible with the AXE FX and easy to program & work with. I'm hanging on by one finger at this point. I realize that I've said this before, but it's really true. If it doesn't come out this Spring (which, I believe, was the LAST estimated "push back" time they've given anybody) or if we're not told by then that it's definitely coming soon after, I'm done. So, really, if they don't announce a definite date by the middle of April - and if the release date is any later than early summer - I'll have to take my hat out of the ring.

I'm new to my Axe FX Ultra and I am just loving it! I just sold 1 of my 2 Digitech GSP1101's and the Control 2 foot controller made specifically for the GSP1101. One thing I loved about the combination was how well they integrated and how easy it was to use the Control 2 with the GSP. Basically, there was nothing to do on the Control 2. It just mirrored what the GSP said.

I'm hoping the Fractal unit works in a similar way, and if so, that will make evn more worth the wait.

browlett said:
aksman said:

That's exactly why I'm still hanging on. Initially, I wanted to be loyal to Cliff and Fractal and buy something from them as thanks for them giving us such a great product. But, at this point, necessity is starting to trump my desire to be loyal and give them more of my money. I'm going to need something pretty soon. I'd still like to be loyal, but I only have so much money these days and I need something better than what I've got now. I can't buy 2. I'm sticking with whatever I buy. I'm 95% of the way towards giving up and buying a Liquid Foot pro. The only reason I haven't done it, yet, is because I know that IF the Fractal unit ever comes available, it will have the tuner, the patch names on the display, and will probably be extremely compatible with the AXE FX and easy to program & work with. I'm hanging on by one finger at this point. I realize that I've said this before, but it's really true. If it doesn't come out this Spring (which, I believe, was the LAST estimated "push back" time they've given anybody) or if we're not told by then that it's definitely coming soon after, I'm done. So, really, if they don't announce a definite date by the middle of April - and if the release date is any later than early summer - I'll have to take my hat out of the ring.

I hear you! But my major wish is that the LiquidFoot fit in a 2space rack drawer!!!

Maybe in addition to the tiny one they are building (which looks great), they could make a "rack friendly" controller.

aksman said:
browlett said:
aksman said:

I hear you! But my major wish is that the LiquidFoot fit in a 2space rack drawer!!!

Like this: http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewt ... =14&t=4211

Maybe in addition to the tiny one they are building (which looks great), they could make a "rack friendly" controller.

Like this: http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewt ... =14&t=4211

Sorry if I'm missing something, but what exactly is it about this pedal that puts it ahead of something like, say, a Liquid Foot? Is it true bypass or something? :lol:

Can anybody resume all functions known about MFC101?

Playlist?
Song Mode?
How many EXP plugs?
Sysex send/receive?
Ability to have different PC/CC while pushing or release a switch?
Global Parameter mode?
Number of devices to drive except A-FX?

I need a FX1 Axess, but I'm afraid to need MFC101 and finish to resale my future FX1...

Unfortunately, it's difficult to answer that question. It has been so long now since we've heard anything, that we don't even know if the product is still even being considered. They might not be planning to make it any more for all we really know.

If they do still plan to make it, the design may have changed quite a bit since the original ideas that were presented last year. So, we don't really know what features it would have if and when it ever became available.

browlett said:
Unfortunately, it's difficult to answer that question. It has been so long now since we've heard anything, that we don't even know if the product is still even being considered. They might not be planning to make it any more for all we really know.

If they do still plan to make it, the design may have changed quite a bit since the original ideas that were presented last year. So, we don't really know what features it would have if and when it ever became available.

Cliff has said, recently, that it definitely coming. As far as feature changes, the only definite is that it will have 2 way communication with the Axe-FX.

What's up with this controller? I found this post from the old forum.
There's been a couple delays but I hope that we can have units ready by September.

All I can say is that IMHO it'll be worth the wait. It looks really cool. The stepped design makes pressing the buttons so much easier.

CC
I just sold my Ground Control Pro so I hope it's soon. And this was in early 2008. It's six almost 7 months later and still no MFC101?

Tom said:
Sorry if I'm missing something, but what exactly is it about this pedal that puts it ahead of something like, say, a Liquid Foot? Is it true bypass or something? :lol:

Anyone? A lot of people seem to be holding out for this instead of buying something like a LF. If there's something that makes this pedal better, then I might wait it out as well, but otherwise I'm probably going to try to order the LF in the next few days.

brettllingle said:
What's up with this controller? I found this post from the old forum.
There's been a couple delays but I hope that we can have units ready by September.

All I can say is that IMHO it'll be worth the wait. It looks really cool. The stepped design makes pressing the buttons so much easier.

CC
I just sold my Ground Control Pro so I hope it's soon. And this was in early 2008. It's six almost 7 months later and still no MFC101?
Well it has been a year since this post from what I understand and it's still not out? I was hoping Cliff would chime in and let us know an ETA.

There might not even be an ETA right now since the MFC101 is probably on the back burner for now while things like the Axe-PC are being worked on.

brettllingle said:
I guess I will go ahead and get the Liquid Foot then. Anyone here have one and how does it compare to the FX1?

I do. It can do pretty much everything the FX 1 does plus a WHOLE LOT more. Quality is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom