MFC101 pics!!!

A consideration about connection. Yesterday someone stomped across my midimate; as a result, the midi cable was forced outside and now it works faulty (some contact are loose)...

A great value for a new pedalboard could be a "recessed jack format"... with some kind of plexi plane over it to see what cable is connected...

Even a swappable trasparent cover could be useful...

One or two months ago, I sent an e-mail request to Fractal to be put on their waiting list for one and never received a response from them. I'm not sure what that means.

:?

It means that they need to hire more help!!!! :evil:

And they better believe they need to sell these things as fast as possible before the economy really tanks and they are stuck with 300 floorboards that no-one can afford. :lol:

When I ordered my Ultra, I also asked to be on the list for the MFC101 floorboard. I got a reply saying I was on the list for the MFC101. I'm not holding my breath though for it to come out. I'm just hoping its sooner rather than later for those reasons above - Aussie dollar and markets going under in the US. That said, I'd prefer to wait and pay more for a product that is fully ready for market than something that is half-done. I'm sure Cliff wouldn't rush this one out.

One question Cliff... I just want to check even if you have answered this already -

Will you be able to link two MFC101 boards together for one big board using that special connector?

I just want to know, cause if you can, I'll buy two! :D :D

TimmyM

Patience...

Cliff and Tom have a lot on their plate. The Atomic Reactor FR, Axe-PC, MFC101, v6 firmware, updated website... It will all be out soon enough I am sure. When I was at the L.A. Amp Show I asked Cliff if he was going kind of bundle the release of the update website with footcontroller with v6 firmware. He said no that it didn't all have to be released at the same time. That as things were done and ready to go he'd release them. There was something about the v6 firmware having some updates that the footcontroller needed.

So just my personal guess that once the v6 firmware is out and stable that pretty soon after that we'd start to see the footcontroller. Again that is just my guess. Or hope.

It's too late for me now. Sob!
The difference in the exchange rate between US & Australia is now so vast.
I've been watching the Aussie dollar slide against the US dollar with a corresponding slide in my chances of financing the MFC.
When i went on the waiting list in July it was 1 AUD= 0.97 USD , now its 1 AUD=0.6905 USD.
I'll have to wait until things get better on the economic front.
I've had a gutfull of my dodgy Behringer FCB.
At least i have 6.0b - what a knockout. (thanks Cliff)

Count me among those who is running out of time on this foot controller. I've been on the waiting list for months now. I want to be loyal to Cliff and REALLY want to buy this fractal controller. I want the ability to display patch names without having to program them on the controller. I also want to have full compatibility with the AXE FX. Also, I believe in the quality of what Cliff does (and will) put out. I'm holding out as long as I can for one of these. But, time is running out for me. Necessity and financial situations make me more and more likely to have to purchase another product, instead, as each day goes by. If I at least had some indication of how long this was realistically going to be, perhaps I could figure out a way to hold on. But, with no news on the product, I can only assume that it's now a long way off. If I become convinced that this is the case, I'll have to get something else.

:( :( :( :| :| :| :( :( :(

browlett said:
Count me among those who is running out of time on this foot controller. I've been on the waiting list for months now. I want to be loyal to Cliff and REALLY want to buy this fractal controller. I want the ability to display patch names without having to program them on the controller. I also want to have full compatibility with the AXE FX. Also, I believe in the quality of what Cliff does (and will) put out. I'm holding out as long as I can for one of these. But, time is running out for me. Necessity and financial situations make me more and more likely to have to purchase another product, instead, as each day goes by. If I at least had some indication of how long this was realistically going to be, perhaps I could figure out a way to hold on. But, with no news on the product, I can only assume that it's now a long way off. If I become convinced that this is the case, I'll have to get something else.

:( :( :( :| :| :| :( :( :(

+1

I've been on the list for a while as well. If something doesn't happen soon I am going to abandon ship and go with another solution. Can we please get an update on how much longer?

+10000000000 here....

Well, I have already started to look for another solution... I think I cannot wait... to who knows when... :(.

I know they do all the can. They are really professionals, but well, without a date, I personally cant wait "forever"...

If Cliff release the mfc101 and I have no controller for that date, then I'll get it, but for sure I'll try to get another one the sooner as possible... (ummm. gaspedal is very tempting)

P.S. an update would be awesome, even to tell us it wont be until summer '09, or christmas '09... but would be could at least to know something. :(

Ben.

bstaley said:
+1
I've been on the list for a while as well. If something doesn't happen soon I am going to abandon ship and go with another solution. Can we please get an update on how much longer?

Well, I just asked Cliff privately about this and here was his entire response to me (I didn't paraphrase or leave anything out)...

"The foot controller should be out by January at the latest."

I'm not sure that I can wait that long, unfortunately, but at least now I have a better idea. It seems as if the FRFR amplification system has possibly put this on the back burner a little longer than initially thought. ...Which would stink, considering that I need a good MIDI controller, but not the FRFR unit. Oh, well. On to shop for a Liquid Foot possibly....

I am so used to the Midi Mate w/Hex controller now that it seems pointless to buy up for the MFC. I don't have Alzheimers yet so I don't need to see the names of the patches staring up at me. :D

On to shop for a Liquid Foot possibly....

That's what I did and I couldn't be happier...I too was waiting and waiting, but now I am the proud owner of a Liquid Foot and I'm quite happy, both with the quality of the unit as well as the support that I have received thus far...

spakuloid said:
I am so used to the Midi Mate w/Hex controller now that it seems pointless to buy up for the MFC. I don't have Alzheimers yet so I don't need to see the names of the patches staring up at me. :D

Yeah, color me patient. You guys are gonna make fun of me, but my PodXT Live - which always has to go along to gigs anyway to control the Variax Acoustic - is getting the midi-switching job done just fine, though I don't need the kind of kitchen sink programs some of you guys create. I'd love to get a Liquid Foot, but just too spendy for my tastes. I've had enough trouble remaining convinced I want to spend what the MFC is going to cost. I don't like spending that kinda cash for something that doesn't itself make any sound. But I'll probably still do it when the MFC comes out.

I took the money I had saved and bought an Edwards LP copy. I'm going to wait it out and save up the money again.

Raz

raz said:
You guys are gonna make fun of me, but my PodXT Live - which always has to go along to gigs anyway to control the Variax Acoustic - is getting the midi-switching job done just fine, though I don't need the kind of kitchen sink programs some of you guys create.

Interesting. Just yesterday I talked to an LG-M (Little Giant Module) user, he has a PodXT Live for his guitar plus an FCB1010 & LG-M to control a laptop and synths (right now the FCB also switches the PodXT patches). That's a large footprint, so I am planning to extend the LG-M firmware so that he can use the PodXT Live as slave controller, and leave the FCB1010 at home. PodXT for the sounds, and the module to heavily expand its MIDI capabilities.
I know, the LG-M is most probably not your cup of tea, since it's a lot of money for something that makes no sound, but what I wanted to say: your idea is not ridiculous at all, trying to do all the control you need, with the minimum of real estate on stage.

Back
Top Bottom