MFC 2.0 Preview

Sounds awesome Scott!

To anyone on the beta team that may know.

Is it possible to send from the MIDI out on the MFC while using the ethernet conection. I have a GR-55 on the floor and it would be awesome if I could send cc's to it by hitting the MFC using the midi out on MFC versus having to run a long cable from the AXE. In the 1.04 it seems like you can use either/or but not both.

Thanks

MM

I had a similar question. Mine was. It I use cat5 to communicate with MFC will the the ii midi out still work?

Sounds awesome Scott!

To anyone on the beta team that may know.

Is it possible to send from the MIDI out on the MFC while using the ethernet conection. I have a GR-55 on the floor and it would be awesome if I could send cc's to it by hitting the MFC using the midi out on MFC versus having to run a long cable from the AXE. In the 1.04 it seems like you can use either/or but not both.

Thanks

MM
Will try to test this out [late] tonight... don't know the answer, but it's an easy test. Will let you know.

UPDATE: I monitored MIDI out port on MFC while connected to Axe-II via CAT-5. There was NO MIDI captured by the monitor, so I assume the answer to your question is no, it does not. It's still either or!

Last edited:
I know TotalSync works for Axe-Fx <-> Axe-Edit. I'll try it tonight with a non-MFC controller.

Confirmed: TotalSync + Axe-Fx II + Rocktron All Access. If I use the All ACcess to changes patches on the Axe-Fx II, Axe-Edit on my computer stays in sync. It takes a second for the Axe-Fx to communicate the patch change to Axe-Edit but it definitely works.

Hey iaresee - thanks for doing the research. You only mention patch changes for this config. Does it also work with effects bypass states too?

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar question. Mine was. It I use cat5 to communicate with MFC will the the ii midi out still work?

FWIW (and this may already be widely known) with MFC 1.40, the MIDI out port on the *MFC* does not generate any recognizable MIDI data when using the ethernet/expansion port -- at least in my testing and programming upstream.

I'm looking forward to the results from any 2.0 tests from the beta users. Though I suspect the ethernet/MIDI port is more or less "switched" in the software currently (probably fairly core, too) -- where only one is broadcasting MIDI at one time.

It would be a welcomed surprise if a feature that allowed MIDI routing/merging of both ports was incorporated into the MFC 2.0 software, for sure.

If inquiring about The MIDI out on the Axe FX II , it currently does pass the MIDI data from the expansion port to its MIDI out/thru. One just needs to turn on MIDI thru in the Axe settings.

-Dave

Last edited:
Hey iaresee - thanks for doing the research. You only mention patch changes for this config. Does it also work with effects bypass states too?
Patch changes only. The IAs don't seem to pass to Axe-Edit. I've reported that, asked for it in a future release.

Will try to test this out [late] tonight... don't know the answer, but it's an easy test. Will let you know.

UPDATE: I monitored MIDI out port on MFC while connected to Axe-II via CAT-5. There was NO MIDI captured by the monitor, so I assume the answer to your question is no, it does not. It's still either or!

Bummer but thanks for checking!

Back
Top Bottom