MFC 2.0 Preview

Have hardly touched my MFC-101 yet but still eagerly anticipate this firmware upgrade!

Total Sync is fantastic. It's great to see the Axe/MFC/AE evolve into a mature ecosystem.

Last edited:
For me personally, this is the big plus with the 6.0 upgrade.

We already have great amp modeling. I love the that it will improve but I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't.
Tone matching (I still think tone clone is a better term :)) will definitely be cool and a great way to get at a starting point. I think it will just be pure fun to grab different sources and "clone" them.

But the integration of the Axe, MFC, and Axe-Edit is going to be so awesome for me. It just bugs me so much that when I change a patch with the MFC it wouldn’t change Axe-Edit and vice versa.

Now with that said, i also think a HUGE update (I guess it’s scheduled for a later release) is going to be the new Axe-(ex)Change. With the new tone matching aspects and no doubt increased patch creation activities it will be awesome to have the ability to instantly share them. When this happens, in my humble opinion, you are going to see an enormous amount of creativity coming from the Axe community! Woooooooooooo Hoooooooo!

Now I have a question for the beta team. I get that when you change a preset on any of the 3 it will change the other two units. Does it go beyond preset level? In other words, if I am playing a preset and then hit the delay switch on the MFC does the Axe and Axe-Edit bring up the delay screens? If so, I will be on cloud 9!!!

This is exciting stuff. Thx for posting....

6.0, 2.0, updated edit, possible preset exchange. Amazing time to be a axe fx ii owner.

Glad I am...

Will the Total Sync feature still work between the Axe and AE if I am using a 3rd party foot controller? I fully recognize that the foot controller won't stay sync'd (or perhaps it could if this is all MIDI based sync'ing???), but it would be nice if the other two will stay in sync if MIDI commands come a 3rd party foot controller.

Will the Total Sync feature still work between the Axe and AE if I am using a 3rd party foot controller? I fully recognize that the foot controller won't stay sync'd (or perhaps it could if this is all MIDI based sync'ing???), but it would be nice if the other two will stay in sync if MIDI commands come a 3rd party foot controller.

Only for Ohio State alumni. :)

Sorry, just couldn't resist!

Here are some of the things to look forward to with the upcoming firmware update - we got the green light to discuss.
  • 200% faster MIDI transmission. Noticeably 'snappier' on changes.
  • TotalSync (change preset on Axe-FX II, MFC and Editor automatically updates. Change preset in Editor, II and MFC automatically update. Change preset on MFC, II and Editor automatically update). COOL!

Thanks Scott for the info. Just a few questions:
- 200 % faster with MIDI links or with USB links?
- Does TotalSync also involves Effect Block parameter change? If a parameter of the AMP block is controlled on the MFC-101 (say Drive) would it now synchronise the value of the Drive on AXE-EDIT at the same time as changing it on the AXE? Having it working on preset changes will already be pretty cool.

Hey,

Manual IA's have unique setting per preset, but ONLY SEND WHEN STOMPED???

Is a manual IA the same as a general use switch (i.e. set to "none") ??

This is HUGE.

I know TotalSync works for Axe-Fx <-> Axe-Edit. I'll try it tonight with a non-MFC controller.

Confirmed: TotalSync + Axe-Fx II + Rocktron All Access. If I use the All ACcess to changes patches on the Axe-Fx II, Axe-Edit on my computer stays in sync. It takes a second for the Axe-Fx to communicate the patch change to Axe-Edit but it definitely works.

Last edited:
Great list of upgrades! I still wish there was a secondary function to IAs like HOLD, That is my #1 wish for MFC :)

Sounds awesome Scott!

To anyone on the beta team that may know.

Is it possible to send from the MIDI out on the MFC while using the ethernet conection. I have a GR-55 on the floor and it would be awesome if I could send cc's to it by hitting the MFC using the midi out on MFC versus having to run a long cable from the AXE. In the 1.04 it seems like you can use either/or but not both.

Thanks

MM

Sounds awesome Scott!

To anyone on the beta team that may know.

Is it possible to send from the MIDI out on the MFC while using the ethernet conection. I have a GR-55 on the floor and it would be awesome if I could send cc's to it by hitting the MFC using the midi out on MFC versus having to run a long cable from the AXE. In the 1.04 it seems like you can use either/or but not both.

Thanks

MM

Good question. I do not know the answer though.

Back
Top Bottom