MFC 2.0 Preview

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
Here are some of the things to look forward to with the upcoming firmware update - we got the green light to discuss.
  • 200% faster MIDI transmission. Noticeably 'snappier' on changes.
  • TotalSync (change preset on Axe-FX II, MFC and Editor automatically updates. Change preset in Editor, II and MFC automatically update. Change preset on MFC, II and Editor automatically update). COOL!
  • Manual IAs have their states saved per preset but only send MIDI when actually stomped.
  • Factory defaults are now set for Axe-Fx II/ Expansion.
  • "Smart" Bank names now show which presets they contain.
  • Numeric XP "beginning values" are now sent on preset change
End results is this: it is faster to switch stuff, the Total Sync is cool - makes everything so much simpler and faster.

Questions? I'm not the midi expert, but other guys on the team are and one of us will try to help get you an answer.

"Manual IAs have their states saved per preset but only send MIDI when actually stomped."

Is this mandatory? I use the manual IAs for external loopers, I need the status to remain the same when changing presets. Say I have a loop in record mode indicated by a light on on an IA, and I change presets to a different sound, I still need the light on to indicate that I am still recording. I don't want the status light of the manual IA to change with the preset.

And most important: the LEDs light up in a cool sequence when powering up. :)

Some of the improvements are advanced stuff, solving bottlenecks in complex setups.

Smart Banks show which presets a bank contains, by number, not by name.

"Manual IAs have their states saved per preset but only send MIDI when actually stomped."

Is this mandatory? I use the manual IAs for external loopers, I need the status to remain the same when changing presets. Say I have a loop in record mode indicated by a light on on an IA, and I change presets to a different sound, I still need the light on to indicate that I am still recording. I don't want the status light of the manual IA to change with the preset.

Still possible.

Thanks! Between this in your TGP comments on 6.0 I cancelled my ebay! Going to have to see what this sucker can do, next gen.

When you reset the MFC-101, it defaults to AxeFX Ultra and MIDI mode. This just means that after a reset, it will default to the AxeFX-II and the Ethernet connection

Which enhancements apply to the Standard and Ultra?

Just to make sure upgrading is worthwhile for my Gen 1.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom