MFC 101 update ?

People early on the list are going to post when they start rolling in via the big brown trucks, right? :D

Love to see the early reviews before my number comes up.. (thanks in advance)

+1 on the availability of the manual.. would be great to get a pre-read.

Lastly, thanks Cliff for the updates and keep up the great work!!

----

Probably been asked before somewhere in this 66 page thread; but here goes anyway...

Is there a volume/expression pedal that will work best with the MFC-101. The BOSS FV500H immediately comes to mind for me; will it work connected to the MFC-101 to control everything in the Axe-Fx that can be controlled with a pedal? For instance, could you use four of the BOSS FV500H connected to the MFC-101 for Pre-Volume, Wah, Gain and Post Volume?

So how many foot pedals do you guys think will be necessary to pair with your Axe-Fx once you get the MFC 101? I'm thinking 2, one for volume and one for wah. Maaaaybe a third one down the road for the odd thing like global effect wetness/rotary speed/whatever other random and rare parameter you might need access to.

Yes! Do yourself a favor and check out the Mission Engineering Website.
They have a number of pedals that will work seemlessly with the Fractal products.

http://www.mission-engineering.com/Miss ... ering.html

They are built to last and have incredible feel, fully adjustable and inexpensive.
The customer support in the absolute best!

While you are at their site go to the Mission TV link and see/hear it in action!

GreatGreen said:
So how many foot pedals do you guys think will be necessary to pair with your Axe-Fx once you get the MFC 101? I'm thinking 2, one for volume and one for wah. Maaaaybe a third one down the road for the odd thing like global effect wetness/rotary speed/whatever other random and rare parameter you might need access to.

I got the FCB thinking I would use 2 all the time. I hardly ever do. You can always use a different preset (or other creative ways within one) and use one pedal for both. I would suggest starting with one and add 1 or 3 later if you feel the need.

Spoons said:
Probably been asked before somewhere in this 66 page thread; but here goes anyway...

Is there a volume/expression pedal that will work best with the MFC-101. The BOSS FV500H immediately comes to mind for me; will it work connected to the MFC-101 to control everything in the Axe-Fx that can be controlled with a pedal? For instance, could you use four of the BOSS FV500H connected to the MFC-101 for Pre-Volume, Wah, Gain and Post Volume?[/quote

Mission is def your best option for a great pedal..amazing quality and first class service from a great company!!

No doubt that Fractal doesnt like my Post. ( yes that inludes you guys as well)

Hey!!!!!!! its the 3rd week in August. So where are is the Mfc 101 ? Yes I know its being Beta Tested.
Have we hit a snag ?

Yes it would be nice to have a weekly update.

Do you think it would be possible to post the manual online or are we beta testing it as well?

wnlively said:

Hey!!!!!!! its the 3rd week in August. So where are is the Mfc 101 ? Yes I know its being Beta Tested.
Have we hit a snag ?

Do you think it would be possible to post the manual online or are we beta testing it as well?

Your post highlights why companies should never disclose anything to the masses; it creates attitudes like yours.

No slam on you, but your post is totally indicative of how customers/prospective customers hold companies feet to the fire whenever any date is floated. I see it with the Android Froyo 2.2 update for my phone and I see it here.

Just an observation.

Scott Peterson said:
wnlively said:

Have we hit a snag ?

Your post highlights why companies should never disclose anything to the masses; it creates attitudes like yours.

No slam on you, but your post is totally indicative of how customers/prospective customers hold companies feet to the fire whenever any date is floated. I see it with the Android Froyo 2.2 update for my phone and I see it here.

Just an observation.

Yep. I am a huge believer in "Don't tell anybody about anything until you've got a solid release date". It avoids the sense of entitlement everybody gets when a company announces a product in development. "I'm your customer and you OWE me this product! I have no sense of how long it takes to develop things and if you actually told me it was going to take 5 years before I could get my greedy little mitts on it, I would've taken my money elsewhere."

Scott Peterson said:
wnlively said:

Have we hit a snag ?

Just an observation.

The irony is that if Fractal had simply presented the MFC-101 as a fait d'accompli one day on its website, fully developed and for sale, (some) people would have complained that they weren't notified of its imminent arrival, and had they known, they wouldn't have bought something else.

kfliegner said:
Scott Peterson said:
wnlively said:

Have we hit a snag ?

Just an observation.

The irony is that if Fractal had simply presented the MFC-101 as a fait d'accompli one day on its website, fully developed and for sale, (some) people would have complained that they weren't notified of its imminent arrival, and had they known, they wouldn't have bought something else.
I totally agree.

I am very glad I knew the controller was coming. I've been getting by with my MidiMate, but it will be nice to have a fully functional unit to pair with the Axe.

I am a firm believer in delivering more than you promise.

If you say it is going to be here in 3 weeks....deliver it in 2...but that is just the way I like it. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom