Metallica tonematches/patches extravaganza v2.0!

HEy dude about the in flames tones try these parts:

Bullet ride intro
Suburban Me intro
Pinball Map middle part
Episode 666 Intro

Thx in advance

Maybe I'll try tomorrow...
I own all of their albums (except for the last one I think).
I'll see what I can come up with.
In the meantime, check my tutorial and maybe try for yourself?
It would be interesting to compare the results.

These and the in flames tone,matches are definitively the best tone matches i have ever heard. Do you take request for other tonematches, something like Extreme, Dream theater, Opeth , etc? Thanks a lot

I take requests!
But I prefer bands I like, so make a suggestion!
Just come up with usable files and I'll try it if I dig it!

Last edited:
Thanks, it was just a suggestion. Just keep doing these amazing tone matches because the bands you have done are awesome. It does not matter which band, the quality of the tone matches is the best ones ive heard

Thanks, it was just a suggestion. Just keep doing these amazing tone matches because the bands you have done are awesome. It does not matter which band, the quality of the tone matches is the best ones ive heard

Thanks!
I didn't mean anything by It, all I was trying to say was that if you want me to make a tonematch send me some suggestions and I'll try it!
I like doing them so don't be afraid of making suggestions!

I don't know that band but if you send me an isolated audio snippet/riff I'll see what I can do!
Any additional info about the gear used is always helpfull!

I don't know that band but if you send me an isolated audio snippet/riff I'll see what I can do!
Any additional info about the gear used is always helpfull!

I will see what I can do about getting you an audio snippet that is isolated. In the meantime here is a video of the band playing a song off the album. I believe it was recorded with 5150's and EMG's. I will do some more research.
Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=req-oDf2ZRc&feature=kp

tried tried tried, these come up blank for me?! they dont drag and drop or work with preset load on axe edit.

I just made a patch for James's Metallica clean tone.
I haven't heard a good representation of this sound yet so I had to make a patch!
Listen to it here:

The 2nd speaker contains the 'ThisOneV30' IR (it was posted earlier in this thread and you can also find it in my zip with all the files).
What makes the chorus work so well is the 90 degree phase I dialed in.
Also it was impossible to make this sound so great without 2 amp models just like he uses live.
The EMG60 in the neck position is kind of essential too but it will probably work with other pickups too.

Attachments

• Metallica Clean James Live.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 309
I just made a patch for James's Metallica clean tone.
I haven't heard a good representation of this sound yet so I had to make a patch!
Listen to it here:

The 2nd speaker contains the 'ThisOneV30' IR (it was posted earlier in this thread and you can also find it in my zip with all the files).
What makes the chorus work so well is the 90 degree phase I dialed in.
Also it was impossible to make this sound so great without 2 amp models just like he uses live.
The EMG60 in the neck position is kind of essential too but it will probably work with other pickups too.

Good lord, been chasing that clean tone for years and here it is!

Well done :mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom