METALLICA Chooses Fractal Audio Axe-Fx IIs for Silent Antarctica Concert

Yeah I did notice a lot of bum notes, I reckon it was the temperature, playing guitar with freezing cold hands is really hard.
Yeah, check out the jackets, and how they'd cleared the snow away from the area where they were playing. Brutal conditions for playing guitar.

Yeah I did notice a lot of bum notes, I reckon it was the temperature, playing guitar with freezing cold hands is really hard.

My friend plays bass with The Tenors. They did a show outside in -34C weather this weekend. Said it was awful; the bass strings were lifeless. I can imagine a lot of bum notes get played at outdoor gigs all around this time if year in the upper northern hemisphere.

The tone on the show-gig was actually the same as Metallica has on their live shows. I was kinda surprised. Good job Fractal!

Theres a bunch of vids up on youtube already that are what the audience was hearing in their headphones.

If all they actually really used were Axe FX II's and no pedals or amps, I have to say Hetfields signature tone was pretty much there, But Kirk's was not. It actually sounded to me like Kirk was running a mesa practice amp.

Theres a bunch of vids up on youtube already that are what the audience was hearing in their headphones.

If all they actually really used were Axe FX II's and no pedals or amps, I have to say Hetfields signature tone was pretty much there, But Kirk's was not. It actually sounded to me like Kirk was running a mesa practice amp.

Its all in the fingers!

My friend plays bass with The Tenors. They did a show outside in -34C weather this weekend.
Ouch! -34°C? It's not safe to leave your fingers exposed at that temperature for any length of time, let alone touching cold wood and metal. I can't imagine getting through even one song.

Back
Top Bottom