Matrix FRFR 1x12 Coaxial solution!

FWIW - those wedges will n ot be cheap - Pure speculation at this point but I think they will be in ballpark as the RCF NX12s.

Well as it's now been confirmed that the speakers are 12 inch B&Cs I can well believe the cost is not going to be cheap ..... sigh

I dont know which one is being used, but ~I suspect the most expensive. You can see in the vid that the cone lookes 12HCX76 and NOT like the NCX. Dont know wht the other spekers cone looks like, but its not a lot cheaper than the HCX.

Cost of parts? dont know s the B&C prices arnt trade - but you would expect the "sale" price of those speakers once in the wedge to be a similar price or a touch more - so round $600, which is somewhere round £500. Add to that the cost of the GM50 at £200, and the price of the wedge is already round the £700 mark and thats without the actual cab build itself.

There not going to be cheap BUT the JayTomic CLRs things are not going to be cheap either - with a rumored price of around $1000 for the PASSIVE version. The RCF NX12s themselves are around £1k as well - and I think these 2 other options are the competition for the Matrix so all 3 will end up being the same ballpark cost. having said that, price for the Matrix isnt fixed yet, and in the EU at least everything else they have relesed has been VERY competitively priced so they may be cheaper than the others.

yea you get a lot for your money with matrix i feel, I'm curious what the price will be, I'm sure it'll be reasonable for what you're getting

I dont know but this Matrix FRFR 1x12 Coaxial solution is changing some of my plans...is now in my want list.

Reactions: sam
BRAND NEW RCF NX-12s FS CHEAP!!

JK...

Looks to me like the designs (and prices) of all of these solutions are pretty darn similar. I'm super happy now with the RCFs (took my ears and brain a few days to adjust--Mackie 450s are now in the garage to stay). I'd be pretty surprised if one high-end Coax 12" wedge w/ SS power sounds dramatically different than the other 2. Hopefully, at the least, we'll see some price competition.

My dilemma is how to get new speakers past the missus :)

The first day is always the toughest. After that....

wife: "Are those new?" me: "No" (one day old).

Richard

The sad thing is you're going to need to buy 4 of them now

2 for you and 2 for me or it's:

Richard's wife: "Are those new?"

me: "Yes"

Last edited:
My dilemma is how to get new speakers past the missus :)

The first day is always the toughest. After that....

wife: "Are those new?" me: "No" (one day old).

Richard

I always go with - "yeah, I sold my old ones on Craigslist and bought these for the same price"

BRAND NEW RCF NX-12s FS CHEAP!!

JK...

Looks to me like the designs (and prices) of all of these solutions are pretty darn similar. I'm super happy now with the RCFs (took my ears and brain a few days to adjust--Mackie 450s are now in the garage to stay). I'd be pretty surprised if one high-end Coax 12" wedge w/ SS power sounds dramatically different than the other 2. Hopefully, at the least, we'll see some price competition.

My speculation (with zero real knowledge behind it)...is that the Jay-tomic speaker design will be outstanding....but the Matrix power section will have more of a tube tone (which guitar players may see that as 'feeling' more like a guitar cab).
Too bad they can't be combined (well actually they can I guess using the Matrix GT800 and a passive Jay-tomic)

It will be great to hear these side by side at some point in months to come. Hopefully when they hit the market, so folks will have a 'gathering' to do some comparison listening.

Back
Top Bottom