Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Thank you all for your patience!

The ARES firmware 12.2 version of the 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack for the Axe-Fx III is now available to existing customers in your downloads account at my website.

In the README folder in the new Zip file:

- Please read the firmware v12 UPDATE notes (this is a new document explaining any changes I made from prior TonePack versions due to firmware changes or other considerations)

- The USER MANUAL has also been updated for v12, worth checking out (thanks @cobbler for helping with edits)

- The Preset/Scene list has also been updated into an 8 page summary, thank you to Fractal Forum member James for this invaluable help!

- There are now global settings .syx files with the proper settings (bank size, output volume, custom harmony scales, FC type) and customized Naked Amps-compatible layout pages now included for both FC-12 and FC-6 foot controllers (you need to be running firmware 1.10 for those) for you to check out and explore. Back up your own global system settings file and existing layouts files first! If you don't know how to do that, watch my new video tutorials on YouTube.

See my YouTube Channel for tutorial videos on how to get started if you are a newcomer to all this.

Enjoy the tones!

Last edited:
Thank you all for your patience!

The ARES firmware 12.2 version of the 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack for the Axe-Fx III is now available to existing customers in your downloads account at my website.

In the README folder in the new Zip file:

- Please read the firmware v12 UPDATE notes (this is a new document explaining any changes I made from prior TonePack versions due to firmware changes or other considerations)

- The USER MANUAL has also been updated for v12, worth checking out (thanks @cobbler for helping with edits)

- The Preset/Scene list has also been updated into an 8 page summary, thank you to Fractal Forum member James for this invaluable help!

- There are now global settings .syx files with the proper settings (bank size, output volume, custom harmony scales, FC type) and customized Naked Amps-compatible layout pages now included for both FC-12 and FC-6 foot controllers (you need to be running firmware 1.10 for those) for you to check out and explore. Back up your own global system settings file and existing layouts files first! If you don't know how to do that, watch my new video tutorials on YouTube.

See my YouTube Channel for tutorial videos on how to get started if you are a newcomer to all this.

Enjoy the tones!
AB, unbelievable presets as usual! Thank you so much for taking all that precious time to do this. Almost every preset with 8 scenes and additional sampler presets. Bass players should really love this. Presets for Bass amps and samples for upcoming Bass Pack, WOW!!! Numerous FC layouts to use. Just amazing tools for individual config and customization. As always outstanding documents splaining so much more, c an't say how many times your forum anecdotes and detailed documents have helped me learn so much. Thanks for everyone else who contributed to this glorious update. For anyone on the fence about AB's work ethic/packs, you will never be disappointed and will be $ well spent. Really a steal for the packs, tutelage and frequent updates.

However, my download reads as follows in AustinBuddy 1400+. Is it O.K for ARESFIRMWARE 12.2?
12-31-2019_fw11_NakedAmps_BankUpdate_temp.zip 2.3Mb

Hi, I wonder if someone might answer a question for me please? At present I am using a SS power amp with a 2x12 Orange cab. It's therefore best to switch off cab modelling but I occasionally wear headphones so I usually just bypass the cab block when I try a preset.

The I do this in one of the Naked Amp presets with two amps & cabs the sound cuts off. With a single amp cab preset it doesn't. I think that it is something to do with the bipass mode but, for the life of me, I can't find how to change it.

Example would be the first Fender preset...

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
However, my download reads as follows in AustinBuddy 1400+. Is it O.K for ARESFIRMWARE 12.2?
12-31-2019_fw11_NakedAmps_BankUpdate_temp.zip 2.3Mb
That is not the new download. You need to login to your account on my website and then go to the downloads area and you will see the February 2020 v12 zip file Updated TonePack there.

Hi, I wonder if someone might answer a question for me please? At present I am using a SS power amp with a 2x12 Orange cab. It's therefore best to switch off cab modelling but I occasionally wear headphones so I usually just bypass the cab block when I try a preset.

The I do this in one of the Naked Amp presets with two amps & cabs the sound cuts off. With a single amp cab preset it doesn't. I think that it is something to do with the bipass mode but, for the life of me, I can't find how to change it.

Example would be the first Fender preset...

Any help appreciated.
Yes, it’s Bypass Mode. It’s set to Mute instead of Through.

Why not just disable cab modeling globally? That’s in the Global settings.

Thanks. I thought it would be but I just couldn’t find it. I have done now it is on the Room Air page... not an obvious place to me but it’s probably down to limited possibilities of where to put it.

I duuno. I started using OP1 with a permanent cab for FOH and headphones leaving OP2 to go to my SS amp. It’s a suggested method in the manual. Saves messing with the Global settings each time you change.

i wonder why Austin Buddy had one of the cab blocks on mute rather than thru When using two amps/ cabs? Is it deliberate or not? Merely trying to understand more about the Axe! No criticism intended.

i wonder why Austin Buddy had one of the cab blocks on mute rather than thru When using two amps/ cabs? Is it deliberate or not? Merely trying to understand more about the Axe! No criticism intended.
It's deliberate. When you're using one cab, you don't want the other one bleeding dry signal into the chain.

Hi @austinbuddy. First, I'd like to thank you so much for all your great work (especially on FW 12.x)! I did notice that many of the presets are using the Delay 2 block, instead of the Delay 1 block (no Delay 1 block is present in these presets). Any reason you chose to do this (my FC-12 is not setup for Delay 2)? Thanks again!

Hi @austinbuddy. First, I'd like to thank you so much for all your great work (especially on FW 12.x)! I did notice that many of the presets are using the Delay 2 block, instead of the Delay 1 block (no Delay 1 block is present in these presets). Any reason you chose to do this (my FC-12 is not setup for Delay 2)? Thanks again!
Delay 1 is reserved to before the amp (mono) like a pedal. Delay 2 is after the amp. I just made that call early on. Yoiu can change or add a switch or copy the Delay 2 block (save block) then replace it with a Delay 1 block and import the saved block settings for presets you use a lot...

Thanks. I thought it would be but I just couldn’t find it. I have done now it is on the Room Air page... not an obvious place to me but it’s probably down to limited possibilities of where to put it.

I duuno. I started using OP1 with a permanent cab for FOH and headphones leaving OP2 to go to my SS amp. It’s a suggested method in the manual. Saves messing with the Global settings each time you change.

It is absolutely deliberate. You cannot use two Amp blocks in series else you get a huge pop when switching between.
So it has to be parallel. That means you
have to mute the signal path of on of them
when off, else a DRY guitar signal gets blended with the amp signal. I probably did it on both the amp and cab block to be safe.

It is absolutely deliberate. You cannot use two Amp blocks in series else you get a huge pop when switching between.
So it has to be parallel. That means you
have to mute the signal path of on of them
when off, else a DRY guitar signal gets blended with the amp signal. I probably did it on both the amp and cab block to be safe.

Thanks. It's just down to the way that I set my presets. I think this will work if I just use the Amp block to mute rather than using the Cab block too.

I can see why you have done it that way but I wasn't getting any sound!

It's all part of the steep learning curve!

Great update and thanks for the reply.

Thanks. It's just down to the way that I set my presets. I think this will work if I just use the Amp block to mute rather than using the Cab block too.

I can see why you have done it that way but I wasn't getting any sound!

It's all part of the steep learning curve!

Great update and thanks for the reply.
Yes. You can turn off the mute out if present in the cab block(s) if there are two amp blocks in a presets, provided you make sure all 8 scenes of the two amp blocks are set to mute out when in bypass mode. Just had some redundancy.

My website was not working for Checkout for two days but it is back up now. Using a temporary theme so it will look different but all the store functions are there. New website look coming in March. Just wanted to post that in case anyone had trouble checking out in past few days. All good now.

Starting work on FM3 TonePack presets.... Probably be a hybrid of the Naked Amps and Dream Rigs approach.

My website was not working for Checkout for two days but it is back up now. Using a temporary theme so it will look different but all the store functions are there. New website look coming in March. Just wanted to post that in case anyone had trouble checking out in past few days. All good now.

Starting work on FM3 TonePack presets.... Probably be a hybrid of the Naked Amps and Dream Rigs approach.

... speaking of Dream Rigs... hope you did not forget us who are still waiting for it on the III! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom