Mark V Amp Match - All Channels & Modes

Thanks for these dude. Epic post. They sound absolutely organic. Switching tone match off actually loses so much it worries me!

I hope we can get this done to all amps. Didnt cliff say they were matched already???

Awesome job on these! They sound great and I think will be taking over my main patches shortly.

Dave

Im a bit worried that forthcoming firmwares might kill all the good work on these :p

Man. You took the words right out of my mouth! After spending a ton of time redoing everything from scratch for 6.0 (well worth it I might add), I'm asking myself: Do I just stick with 6.0 forever? Obviously, 6.0 is a game-changer as it radically changed the sounds of many amps. So, you can't resist. On the one hand, we certainly don't want to impede progress On the other, I'm not sure how often I can do a complete rebuild.

A thought came to mind: maybe Firmware upgrades could have "optional" portions? IE: some things (like TM) are too good to pass up. But, if next FW changed one of my core amps radically and I had to redo again, I'm not sure I'd want to do this. I'm no programming expert. But, would it be possible to release 6.5A (upgrading TM) and 6.5B (changing amps) seperately so one could make that choice? You know: like when you install a particular piece of software and the 1st thing you see (after EULA) is a check box on which componenets you want to install?

Probably too compolicated but it can't hurt to ask the question. I'm just afraid I'll spend the next 20 years trying to keep up with Cliff!

Floydian should take the Mark IV back now, and replace it with another nice amp to profile, dual rec etc :D In fact, better yet do one a week :D

I have a 5150 I may very well have a shot at. Can get hold of a DSL 50 at a push as well if there is any interest.

I'm taking it back today :). Going to do a few quick matches with other settings before I do that. I think if we all go get an amp and match it we'd have everything:)

Hi all out there, Im a gain freak, and a petrucci lover, I dont quite hear the high gain stuff he does; Like in the video where he describes his mark v settings. I have turned up input, drive and typically have to add a ts808, are you diming out the gains on any of your matches? (ps I played the real thing as well and frankly at lower volumes didnt find the gain either); I am now running and ducking for cover...........John Petrucci -- Mark V -- Settings and Tone Tips (Part 2) - YouTube 4:20 on, damn wish I could play like that!

Great work! Thanks for all of your hard effort on this.
Really like them.

I have had only one Mesa amp before (A Mesa F-50 1X12).

Which stock AXE FX cabs are recommended for use with these presets?
I scrolled thorough this thread, and think I saw something about using ones with V30's?
I have been trying a few and it changes things up quite a bit as you might guess.

Sorry if I missed the recommended stock Cabs.

Thanks.

I used the RedWirez and OwnHammer v30 in stereo, no mic or with a 57 on each. All sounded great

Wow, many many thanks floydian80!!! I really loved the sounds i got from your patches!! I tested them with a real power amp and cabinets and they sounded really great!
As for the "missing cabs" i just tested the patches with the ownhammer bogner V31 and it sounds great as well :)

I recorded a few high gain clips from a few random presets since i didnt have much time:

Again, thanks a lot for this huge effort!!

I think you should dub in, right at the end of this recording, that famous line from Wayne's World where Wayne says right at the end of his kick ass drum solo, "I Like To Play". Then end it.

Nice riffs Brother. Really demos the presets well. Thx.

Man, these AMP matched files are amazing....it killed all my amp settings and sounds..these sound so REAL while my own sounds THIN compared to those AMP Matched.........My sincere thanks to you man, and thanks for sharing.........if anybody could now also AMP match the 5150 or 6160......would be awesome !!

These are really nice, but I have one question.

You have the input trim Waaaaay up on some of these. Was that by design, for your particular guitar, or what?

If for a particular guitar, what was it?

Back
Top Bottom