Mark V Amp Match - All Channels & Modes

Sorry it was a different MarkV file I got them. This should be fun the other guitar player I'm doing a project with uses a mark V. This should blow his mind couse they sound Killer. I see these loaded with a Cab block should I use a cab with the presets?
I also use a Matrix GT1000 into Marshall greenback Cabs through the FXloop Block. I havent tried the patches through the matrix and guitar cabs yet.
Your patches sound GREAT!
Thanks Gary

Sorry it was a different MarkV file I got them. This should be fun the other guitar player I'm doing a project with uses a mark V. This should blow his mind couse they sound Killer. I see these loaded with a Cab block should I use a cab with the presets?
I also use a Matrix GT1000 into Marshall greenback Cabs through the FXloop Block. I havent tried the patches through the matrix and guitar cabs yet.
Your patches sound GREAT!
Thanks Gary

You'll need to use a Cab block if you are going direct or FRFR (but not through your real guitar cabinet). The Tone-Match block in the patches are amp matches only (no cab). Have fun.

These patches are a great resource. I've said it before, but these amp matches for me have been the answer to the Mesa's on-board graphic eq not being modeled in the Axe-Fx. No more endlessly tweaking the Axe's parametric eq, trying to get the right tone to come out of it. I just put one of the Tone-Match blocks after the amp sim and it's there. :)

I wish more Axe users would make patches like these.

Last edited:
- The procedure used to do the amp match was as detailed out by Morphosis (Thank you!), using the template preset and sine wave "synth" noise to send signal
- The Mark V was connected to Axe FX II via the Slave Out. As per the Mark V manual the slave out is after the "Preamp" and "Poweramp", so it's getting the both.
- I used an Ownhammer Cab after the ToneMatch block. It's a Mesa V30(2) Cab with a blend of SM57 & MD421 Mics. If you don't have these Cabs you can substitute for any Cab of your liking. I am sure it will sound good. The Tone Match is capturing before the Cab so the Cab was not part of the tone match process per say!
- All Channels & Modes were matched in 90 Watts and Full Power setting on the Mark V
- Each setting was done in Fat Switch On & Fat Switch Off. This is indicated with an "F" at the end of the Preset Name
- Channel 3 Mark IIC+ Mode was done with the "Triode" Poweramp setting whereas the Mark IV & Extreme Modes were done with the "Pentode" setting.
- Channel 2 Crunch Mode & Channel 3 Mark IIC+, Mark IV & Extreme modes were done using the EQ Sliders on the Mark V in the typical "V- Shape". All other Modes were done without using the EQ Sliders.
- I generally used John Petrucci type settings where applicable as they are readily available and well he's my favorite guitarist
So how does this work a do I need it to TM my boogie Ace

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1701683/Mark V.syx[/QUOTE]

I'm saving All of the MARK V TM In my user cabs Then i can just upload Any Mark V TM block to any of my presets.
These are the best sounds i have heard out of the axefx2

boardwlk17 what you're doing is awesome! Ace!! Definitely want the Ace! So what amp will you match with it? The JVM?

Also did you re-do the TM after the mimic presented in FW10 since it should sadly be redone.

Also another TM that EVERYONE would be psyched to have would be the GEQ or simply the contour curve that the Mark V has. So basically match the Mark V with GEQ OFF and GEQ ON and what is left will be the EQ curve. :) A safe bet would be to use the contour rather than the unlimited options you have with the GEQ. Ofcourse Petruccis settings should also do. :D

I know it's a lot of work so cheers if you have time for it! :)

I didn't do the Mark V I'm just making all of the preset into cabs or saving them in user cabs
Any suggestions on what amp to use on my stiletto Ace ? I want to do it out of the slave out, I also have a PRS 2 channel pre production head the drive channel is based off of eric Johnson's vintage marshall And the clean channel is real sparkley.
Id like to tone match that amp too before i sell it.

Glad you guys are digging it! While i have the amp, i made a couple more presets trying to replicate the awesome Petrucci LTE Live tone. I think they came out well. I did it in both the IIC+ and IV mode. Slight modifications to the settings. Will post when i get home this evening.

Yup since i used the synth block to do these matches, it should translate well to all types of guitars.

Floydian80, what ever happened with these? Were they ever posted?

I have tried to tone match some of my favorite guitar tones,ex.Boston,Sabbath etc..and have been very satisfied with the results.But in a case like this(amp matching)do the pre,post, master volumes and tone controls need be set a certain way before the match?

I have tried to tone match some of my favorite guitar tones,ex.Boston,Sabbath etc..and have been very satisfied with the results.But in a case like this(amp matching)do the pre,post, master volumes and tone controls need be set a certain way before the match?
Id like to know that too do you set everything at 12:eek:'clock or set it to your favorite settings?

Last edited:
It depends. I usually leave everything at noon because it's supposedly more realistic sounding and I can remember the settings easier.

Tone matching a real amp "Kemper style" will be extremely accurate since it has the same source playing. It's as close as MIMIC AFAIK.

Hey

Have someone try these lately ,how those matches sounds and will they work still? Im in firmware 13.07 and would be nice to get finally those original mesa 5-band eq settings ,if those tone matches have 5-band eq engage.

Last edited:
- The procedure used to do the amp match was as detailed out by Morphosis (Thank you!), using the template preset and sine wave "synth" noise to send signal
- The Mark V was connected to Axe FX II via the Slave Out. As per the Mark V manual the slave out is after the "Preamp" and "Poweramp", so it's getting the both.
- I used an Ownhammer Cab after the ToneMatch block. It's a Mesa V30(2) Cab with a blend of SM57 & MD421 Mics. If you don't have these Cabs you can substitute for any Cab of your liking. I am sure it will sound good. The Tone Match is capturing before the Cab so the Cab was not part of the tone match process per say!
- All Channels & Modes were matched in 90 Watts and Full Power setting on the Mark V
- Each setting was done in Fat Switch On & Fat Switch Off. This is indicated with an "F" at the end of the Preset Name
- Channel 3 Mark IIC+ Mode was done with the "Triode" Poweramp setting whereas the Mark IV & Extreme Modes were done with the "Pentode" setting.
- Channel 2 Crunch Mode & Channel 3 Mark IIC+, Mark IV & Extreme modes were done using the EQ Sliders on the Mark V in the typical "V- Shape". All other Modes were done without using the EQ Sliders.
- I generally used John Petrucci type settings where applicable as they are readily available and well he's my favorite guitarist
So how does this work a do I need it to TM my boogie Ace

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1701683/Mark V.syx
[/QUOTE]

HI BOARDWLK

Spot on

And I know about what I talk
Maybe your Mark V In IIC+ is better then mine***

Roland

*** Not two Mark V's sound same,and even chnage sound from time to time

Back
Top Bottom