Mark V Amp Match - All Channels & Modes

Hello Everyone, i am excited to share this pack with you. I got a bit impatient waiting for a Mark V amp match, so i went to guitar center and bought the dang thing! Spent the last day or so Amp Matching and the result is this pack. Sorry i don't have clips to share, but with my ears i don't hear much difference! It helps that there are already amps (USA Clean, USA Rhythm, USA Lead, USA IIC+) in the Axe that are close to the Mark V modes.

A few notes here:

- The procedure used to do the amp match was as detailed out by Morphosis (Thank you!), using the template preset and sine wave "synth" noise to send signal
- The Mark V was connected to Axe FX II via the Slave Out. As per the Mark V manual the slave out is after the "Preamp" and "Poweramp", so it's getting the both.
- I used an Ownhammer Cab after the ToneMatch block. It's a Mesa V30(2) Cab with a blend of SM57 & MD421 Mics. If you don't have these Cabs you can substitute for any Cab of your liking. I am sure it will sound good. The Tone Match is capturing before the Cab so the Cab was not part of the tone match process per say!
- All Channels & Modes were matched in 90 Watts and Full Power setting on the Mark V
- Each setting was done in Fat Switch On & Fat Switch Off. This is indicated with an "F" at the end of the Preset Name
- Channel 3 Mark IIC+ Mode was done with the "Triode" Poweramp setting whereas the Mark IV & Extreme Modes were done with the "Pentode" setting.
- Channel 2 Crunch Mode & Channel 3 Mark IIC+, Mark IV & Extreme modes were done using the EQ Sliders on the Mark V in the typical "V- Shape". All other Modes were done without using the EQ Sliders.
- I generally used John Petrucci type settings where applicable as they are readily available and well he's my favorite guitarist

Alright so there you have it! Feel free to provide feedback. I have not tried amp matching utilizing "Pink Noise" or "by playing chords" on the guitar as Cliff suggested. If i have time i may try it.

Hope some of you find this bank useful! Since i exported these with the Axe-Edit i am not sure if there will be any corruption of the presets or not. ENJOY!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1701683/Mark V.syx

Maybe a stupid question being that I am an Axe-FX Standard user/(hopefully) future Axe-FX II user, but how does a single file containing several presets load in the Axe II? Does it take up a whole bank and wipe out whatever was in that bank before it? Are you supposed to open the file in Axe-Edit first (never use Axe-Edit so maybe that's not even possible and another stupid question :roll) With the Standard & Ultra, there would be separate files for each preset.

I going to save this file (along with the ton of clips I've already collected for tone matching :)) for when I get my Axe II, but was curious how to go about loading it so I don't end up erasing any preexisting presets.

Thanks.

811 kb divided by 6.3 is 128.73 worth of presets; Im afraid to start it up, what is the deal? thanks.

so I opened it with axe edit only and it showed one tm usa clean?? Please explain how to use this...perplexing download. Thanks, very interested.

Unfortunately the link is not working, can u please double check!? would be really interested in these sounds!

Yup it's a bank file. You should be able to just open it in axe edit and scroll through. There should be between 32-34 presets. Covered each mode in the mark v. As pointed out the cab is after the tone match block and you can put your favorite v30 Mesa cab IR. I only matched the preamp and power amp of the mark v.

ahh, NOW i got it!!!! You have to right-click with the mouse and "save target under..". Then you can save the bank file and load it into axe edit ... ok, ... hmmm ... so now we ahave all channels accurate from the Mark V in the Axe ???? Doues it make sense, that some presets have gain to ten? And why not matching the EQs all to noon on both devices?

But man ... cool stuff! Thanks for the lots of work!

Amazing indeed! So, you dont get the cabs used within the preset? I mean, do you have to share the cabs separately in order to manage them or since they're included in a preset you can have them too?

Amazing indeed! So, you dont get the cabs used within the preset? I mean, do you have to share the cabs separately in order to manage them or since they're included in a preset you can have them too?

If 3rd party IR's are part of the preset, they would not be incuded.

In this case, these presets, they need to be purchased separately from Redwirez.

Or as the OP says, just sub your fav cab.

Richard

just transfered the presets to the Axe....uhm buddy...I'm speechless! This is one of the biggest contributions. Period. Fantastic job! I mean each preset responds perfectly (as it is supposed to). The sound, espacially of the cleans to midgain ones is so real, and so dynamically responsive!

THANK YOU

I own the RW irs and the OH IRS can you post which ones you used if they were one of those?
The MArk V is "the" amp I would buy if I went back to tubes so I'm very excited to check this out

Sounds great!!! Did you dime the slave output knob or was it just enough to cover the input 2 blinking led's? Thanks! Going to try and do the same thing with the Heartbreaker!

Back
Top Bottom