Mark Day Presets

Yeah Mark I use several variations of your eruption pre set that with out your new one I don't even want to upgrade. If you don't have time toy put together others along the VH type to share what advice do you have to tweak your pre sets to work with FW 3.0??

Mark I agree love the presets I upgraded and can get basically identical I just a/b everything using the editor, and see what changes; some of the settings by default of course are different, like the default hbe is does not have the saturation clicked.

Hi Mark, I know this thread is fot Axe FX II but I've seen a lot of nice videos with your old Axe Ultra and I'm wondering if you could share those nice presets?
Thank you in advance
Albion

I just want to say thanks for all your great patches ... Maybe your the one to ask for some steve vai no one even responds when i have requested on the preset page.
tender surrender ... animal , bad horsie, anything would helpful.
thanks

Uploaded your patches last night Mark, steller work - as always! These patches sound really great. Interesting to learn how you set levels and link up the virtual gear. Thank you so much for sharing.

Hi!

Nice presets, nice tool. Still working on how, and where, to put the volume pedal. BUT,- since you´re more familiar with the AxFx II than many of us,- is there a way for me to share presets with those who still have an Ultra - and vice versa-

Best
Mustangman

Hi Mark!

Your presets sound good coming out of my studio speakers (KRK/Pro Tools), but they sound "harsh" with to much treble/presence and to many fuzzy "overtones" when I play them through FOH. Anyway, that´s what my sound engineer says. Can we exchange ideas? I have a variety of guitars and amps available, and I´old enough to know the history of modern amplification, he, he ...

Mustangman

Mustangman

Mustang, I think Mark is moving and off the radar for a bit. Each FOH will sound different than your reference monitors. Just adjust to taste. Try going to the amps presence 1st, then drive as well as his pre set were made for 3 firmware version back so the Amps Master can be brought up to represent the new firmwares mojo. Hope that helps

Hi Mark!

Your presets sound good coming out of my studio speakers (KRK/Pro Tools), but they sound "harsh" with to much treble/presence and to many fuzzy "overtones" when I play them through FOH. Anyway, that´s what my sound engineer says. Can we exchange ideas? I have a variety of guitars and amps available, and I´old enough to know the history of modern amplification, he, he ...

Mustangman

Mustangman

Also, If you need to adjust for FOH at the gig, just use the global eq to tame the offending frequencies.

Hi!

And tnx,- will try out this weekend. But I wonder if I`ll like having the "original, preferred sound" altered into my in-ear-system. Will probably need to adjust the monitor eq as well. Anyway, I don´t have to set up a rig of 2-3 amp heads and a wall of cabs anymore. Went to see Joe Bonnamassa. He´s a damn good player, but "oh, my God" it´s loud up on that stage. It reminded me of S.R. Vaughan in the seventies when he had a wall of Fender amps behind him, all cranked up to 11 (Ted Nugent also talked loud, he, he ... but he was deaf on one ear?).

Best
Mustangman

Hi, my name is Chuck and I'm new here. Can anyone help me/guide me to the thread that shows the proper way to download Mark Day's presets to the Axe-edit. I'm having some issues doing so. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Download Mark's pre set to your desk top, then connect axe to computer, then load up edit, then drop down the Recall from upper left, then click 'import from pre set file' this will load the fat pre sets that mark has created to your axe bank, then save it, name it or whatever. Enjoy and welcome!

Here are some of my typical sounding presets. They are designed for direct recording or jamming through studio monitors and computer speakers using OUT 1 or USB.
Most have a Vol/Pan block. I use EXT 1 (midi CC 11) to control that block. You can fix that to use your controller or replace the block with a shunt, or you will get no sound.
All cabs are factory Axe 2, Global EQ is FLAT. Adjust to taste, gain levels, noise gate levels and FX levels, they are pretty wet for recording solos, mostly.

VH 1 Eruption preset added. CTRL 10 for big delay effect at the end, Ctrl 2 is exp pedal for the pitch block also for the big ending, ctrl 1 is as always the vol pedal.

Mark Day

These are awesome! I have the Suhr Modern Carve Top with aldrich pups as well so i'm feeling your vibe pretty spot on (except your chops of course). I have a question to either Mark or anyone who knows how best to deal with level issues. I am playing around with the clean bassguy preset and i'm trying to increase the level. Is the best way to do this via the input trim on the amp block or to increase the mixer level in the amp block or some other way. If I increase the input trim and I'm not clipping this seems intuitively better than increasing the mixer level in the amp block, no? I'm assuming that if i increase the mixer block level in the amp block that i more fundamentally change the patch by increasing the amp level while not not proportionally increasing the effects levels down the signal chain, although i dont think i actually hear a difference? In guess I'm confused about the best ways and process to adjust levels in a patch as beautiful as this one!

anyone know if these have been updated for 5.0?

I have been out of commission for a while with this move to LA. I should have most of my gear this week sometime. The presets are not optimized for 5.0 but they should still get you in the ballpark.

Mark, your demos made me buy the axe fx in the first place, and your presets have been my favorite on the axe to this day. I have to say, i'm partial to these 80's rock high gain and cleans, but you nail them. :)

I can't thank you enough man!

Have you tried FW 5? It's stellar!

Mark, your demos made me buy the axe fx in the first place, and your presets have been my favorite on the axe to this day. I have to say, i'm partial to these 80's rock high gain and cleans, but you nail them. :)

I can't thank you enough man!

Have you tried FW 5? It's stellar!

Me too, your vids sold me on the ultra, & now on the II... or as my wife calls it... "that damn black box" :)

I have been out of commission for a while with this move to LA. I should have most of my gear this week sometime. The presets are not optimized for 5.0 but they should still get you in the ballpark.

Stop making excuses, get your ass in gear, and start posting videos and patches again!! lol

You've been missed dude!!

Back
Top Bottom