Mark Day Presets

Can you use the X-Y function to switch between 2 custom scales ? 1 for the beginning, and the 2nd for the end ?

Mark,

Have you re-created your Hotel Axe-ifornia preset for the II or posted the custom scales anywhere?

If not, no biggie, just curious

Karsten

Edit: I don't think your HBE patch can be improved upon for this. That just leaves me puzzling over the custom scales. Can it be done using intelligent harmony?

I'll eventually get to it lol. I'll try to find what I did for the custom scales. There were quite a few different ones for the song as I recall.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.996035,-75.003254

Can you use the X-Y function to switch between 2 custom scales ? 1 for the beginning, and the 2nd for the end ?

Yes, but there are three distinct scales used for Hotel California.
The first is the B minor scale, the second is the B Harmonic minor scale and the third is the B Dorian. So you'll need at least two patches.
The Dorian is only used for one bar (the 4th bar of the harmonized section) so the main patch should have the Minor and Harmonic minor scales on it so you can x/y them.

Mark,

I am using your presets and on 2.0, sometimes the presets load and I can hear the sound but sometimes it loads but I can't hear the sound. I see the meters on the FX are lighting but just no sound. What could have happened? I am loading it from Axe-Edit Presets folder.

Your version of Axe-Edit is not compatible with 2.00. This is the reason of your problem.
Cliff said a compatible version should be released soon.

Mark,

I am using your presets and on 2.0, sometimes the presets load and I can hear the sound but sometimes it loads but I can't hear the sound. I see the meters on the FX are lighting but just no sound. What could have happened? I am loading it from Axe-Edit Presets folder.

Did you replace the vol/pan block with a shunt? You must do that or setup a modifier for that block to control it with an expression pedal.

I believe all of these presets are for Out 1.

Thanks Mark. I do not have any pedals at the moment. Will try again when I get one. Which one do you recommend? :)

Thanks Mark. I do not have any pedals at the moment. Will try again when I get one. Which one do you recommend? :)

You can still use the presets without pedals, as Mark says just delete/bypass the volume block in the signal chain.

Pedals wise..Mission Engineering are very popular with the Ax, EP-1 is a great pedal.

Use the search function on the forum and you will find many threads on Mission and alternative pedals.

Preset for above added. FW 3.0 only.

Attachments

• Mark Day's Huricane Solo.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 382
Back
Top Bottom