Mark Day Presets

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Here are some of my typical sounding presets. They are designed for direct recording or jamming through studio monitors and computer speakers using OUT 1 or USB.
Most have a Vol/Pan block. I use EXT 1 (midi CC 11) to control that block. You can fix that to use your controller or replace the block with a shunt, or you will get no sound.
All cabs are factory Axe 2, Global EQ is FLAT. Adjust to taste, gain levels, noise gate levels and FX levels, they are pretty wet for recording solos, mostly.

VH 1 Eruption preset added. CTRL 10 for big delay effect at the end, Ctrl 2 is exp pedal for the pitch block also for the big ending, ctrl 1 is as always the vol pedal.

Mark Day

Attachments

• Axe2.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 2,473
  • Mark Day's MarshaEruption3.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,398
Last edited:
I'll go ahead and take credit for Mark posting these. I've been bugging him to send me his presets, and I did so again this morning.

You're welcome to all. :lol ;)

Mark,

Have you re-created your Hotel Axe-ifornia preset for the II or posted the custom scales anywhere?

If not, no biggie, just curious

Karsten

Edit: I don't think your HBE patch can be improved upon for this. That just leaves me puzzling over the custom scales. Can it be done using intelligent harmony?

Last edited:
Hi Mark, I'm in the European queue for an Axe II so it will be a few weeks yet until I can work with your patches but thanks once again for sharing. I've downloaded these and added them to my Mark Day file (but I'm not stalking you, I promise!) I'm really looking forward to hearing how these sound.

I use several of your Ultra patches and I learned a lot from how you construct a patch. May the learning curve continue! Cheers!

Mark,

Have you re-created your Hotel Axe-ifornia preset for the II or posted the custom scales anywhere?

If not, no biggie, just curious

Karsten

Edit: I don't think your HBE patch can be improved upon for this. That just leaves me puzzling over the custom scales. Can it be done using intelligent harmony?

As far as I could work out, the only way to do the Hotel california harmonized solo is with multiple patches. This is because of the simple reason that over the course of the progression, the 1st guitar plays notes that first harmonize one way, then the same note harmonized a different way. I may finish working this out one day when time allows and I'll post the patches. But usually when I include this song in a set (rare enough) I call on a friend to play the harmony and trade solo with.

Mark: Your presets are awesome. My band recently covered Separate Ways and I had a chance to use your preset on this. Lots of fun and plenty good comments!

Back
Top Bottom