Mark Day needs an AXE II

I bought an Axe-FX Ultra direct from Fractal Audio last May and, without a doubt, Mark's YouTube clips are what inspired my purchase.

I don't know Mark -- I've never met him, never spoken with him directly or even indirectly through this message board -- but I purchased my Axe because Mark made it sound so, so good.

I don't know if anyone "deserves" free $2k hardware from Fractal, but if anyone does, it's Mark.

-Greg

I want to see a band with Mark Day and Keitel Strand . . . . one mugging while he plays, the other Buster Keaton deadpan and the sounds . . . jawdropping!

I have emailed mark and he was/is very friendly in helping me fix or program sounds. He along with the guy that did the (r)evoluntion of guitar clips totally sold me on the axe-fx. I would figure they are endorsed, if not, they should work on commision. Of course then there is Dweezil and the cello/violin patches that made me want to order an ultra, but now i will just wait for a II. it does have the violin patches correct?

Where did you see that Axe-FX II will not ship to Canada???

I'm selling my Ultra tomorrow...
That's not good news.

If you go to the Fractal Yahoo Store, put an MFC-101 in your cart, checkout and select "USPS to Canada" as the shipping method, you will find that you can't select Canada as the country or any of the provinces. There's a discussion about his with a bit more background in this thread. . .

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-1...blem-ordering-midi-foot-controller-101-a.html

Terry.

I bought an Axe-FX Ultra direct from Fractal Audio last May and, without a doubt, Mark's YouTube clips are what inspired my purchase.

I don't know Mark -- I've never met him, never spoken with him directly or even indirectly through this message board -- but I purchased my Axe because Mark made it sound so, so good.

I don't know if anyone "deserves" free $2k hardware from Fractal, but if anyone does, it's Mark.

-Greg

Huge +1. I shared some of Mark's vids with a friend a few days ago to show him what the unit was capable of and now he's been bitten by the bug. He's already figuring out what he can sell around the house in order to get enough money for an AxeFX, lol.

Give Mark an Axe FX II and I guarantee you'll see plenty of business!! :mrgreen

If you go to the Fractal Yahoo Store, put an MFC-101 in your cart, checkout and select "USPS to Canada" as the shipping method, you will find that you can't select Canada as the country or any of the provinces. There's a discussion about his with a bit more background in this thread. . .

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-1...blem-ordering-midi-foot-controller-101-a.html

Terry.

Thanks for the info.

I will ship the Axe II to a US border parcel service and pick it up there.

If you come across a service in the North Dakota / Saskatchewan area please drop me a PM.

Terry.

There you go:

153 Stutsman Street,
Red River Repair
Pembina, North Dakota

I just signed up for the Kinek service and they have loads of locations to pick up from.
You have to use their service to be able to pick your parcel at this location.

They charge $7 flat per parcel pick up.
www.kinek.com

For me, Vai and Petrucci using it turned my head. I was using a G-System with some good results, but not super-happy.

Watching the vids on YouTube, especially Mark's (and this one in particular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTFtpiydk5U ) sold me. He's been a great advocate and certainly would like to hear his clips of the II.

Should he get an Axe II? I think so, but that's for Cliff to decide. To me, he made the case for the Axe better than the Fractal website (no offense to anyone intended, just underlining the influence of the YouTube clips).

The (Re)volution vids are great too! I mean really great!

To the powers that be:
Please send Mark Day an Axe II.
Sincerely
Ryan

Who is with me?? ;)

I second it. He can test it and post videos with funny faces and wonderful playing and we can judge for ourselves if the Axe II is worthy.

Back
Top Bottom