Made an interesting discovery today - FRFR guys take note

Re: Made an interesting discovery today - FRFR guys take not

Nice tip! Definitely Wiki material.
I add it in parallel, start with the volume at 0, and dial it up until it fills in a nice little mid range pocket that seemed to be missing.
Great find aussijoe!

I first used the 1x6 oval with that mic when I was aiming for an early Zep tone. That speaker was one of my favorites for blending from the beginning. That and the Rectos are a good combination for me in many instances.

One of these days, if and when time allows, I'm going to try the Red Wire IRs. Looks like I'd need more time than I'll ever have though. :(

steadystate said:
I first used the 1x6 oval with that mic when I was aiming for an early Zep tone. That speaker was one of my favorites for blending from the beginning. That and the Rectos are a good combination for me in many instances.

One of these days, if and when time allows, I'm going to try the Red Wire IRs. Looks like I'd need more time than I'll ever have though. :(

You know that your avatar is clipping now and then, don't you? ;-)

Hey Ive been Wiki'ed!
Does this mean that Im famous now :)

Seriously, Im glad that I could be of some help to others.
Ive gained a lot from the suggestions/tips on this board and its good to give something back
Cheers

I just revised my tones according to your suggestions and after making all the changes, I have realized how fizzy and weak my tone was compared to what I have now...

thank you soo much for posting this..

Hey Joe!

I tried your tip with a couple of my fav patches... wow
Ive been putting the oval on all of them for the past few days!!

Thanks bro.

No problem!

works well with the new update as well
cheers

Thank you aussiejoe!
I tried and I can say that it is one great trick for sure.

Nice tip. I've been blending cabs for a long time. I was a big Bob Mould fan in the early 90's and he would always run a Twin Reverb on top of a Marshall 4X12. I started doing something similar after hearing that sound.

I tried it almost immediately when I got my axe and I usually use a Cali 4X12 and a Redwirez Matchless 2X12 combined. I'll also mix the Redwirez Bogner Uber and the Cali 4X12 for high gain stuff.

I'll be trying the oval later.

JT

Would it be possible for someone at Fractal to post this IR? I'd like to mix it with my RedWirez IRs so that I wouldn't need a second cab slot.

Would it be possible for someone at Fractal to post this IR? I'd like to mix it with my RedWirez IRs so that I wouldn't need a second cab slot.

Dumb question: Couldn't someone with an Axe and IR experience just take an IR of the cab/mic model themselves just like any other piece of gear you'd take an IR from? :)

Sure, but that'd be a complete waste of time if we were given access to the source IR. Plus, I don't know how to make IRs and am not interested in learning to do so.

That would be a pretty good idea actually. Not sure if Cliff will go along with this one though since it might fall under "Technological advantage" or something like that.

That would be a pretty good idea actually. Not sure if Cliff will go along with this one though since it might fall under "Technological advantage" or something like that.

Isn't going to happen - intellectual property.

Back
Top Bottom