1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Liquid Foot Pro Plus (in US or EU)

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Burn Witch Burn, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Burn Witch Burn

Burn Witch Burn
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I live in Germany but I'll be in the States later this month.
    Axe FX compatible coupler is a plus but not necessary.

2. andyp13

andyp13
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

I’m selling a LF +12 - unused and still boxed)

3. GotMetalBoy

GotMetalBoy
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

@Burn Witch Burn I replied to your post on the Liquid Foot Forum and included a link to download a programming file that will setup a LF+ PRO+ to do what you want

Also, be careful using the power coupler because depending on how long your MIDI cable is, it can draw more than 1A=1000mA which will fry the Phantom power on an Axe-Fx II.

4. Burn Witch Burn

Burn Witch Burn
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Thanks GMBoy. Yes, I saw your post on the Foot forum. Thanks also for the tip on Phantom Power. I'm using the FAMC wall wart power source connected to a power strip in the back of my rack. I ordered the 25 foot long 7 pin phantom power cable from FAMC. Do you think this long enough to cause the problem you describe?

By the way, to anyone considering the Liquid Foot stuff - my first impression is very good. Light-weight, sturdy, labels are easily legible from a standing position. The flexibility is vast. The manual is good, but doesn't cover the editing software at all. There is a learning curve to it, but I'm sure it's well worth it. It seems like you can program this thing to do anything. There is a one-click "Load Factory Programming for Axe FX" option as well.

5. GotMetalBoy

GotMetalBoy
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

My 7pin cable was 15ft and that needed more than 1A=1000mA. The power adapter that came with my PRO+ couldn't provide enough power when using my 7pin cable and my PRO+ wouldn't always power on or it would get stuck in a booting loop and all the displays would keep blinking. I ended up needing a power adapter that was 1.5A=1500mA which would destroy the Axe-Fx II Phantom power port, so I made a cable like the Rocktron RDMH900 5 to 7pin MIDI cable with the power jack input on the 5pin side of the cable.