Let's see those FM9 rigs!

The screws that contact the FM9's rubber feet to an effects board. You can keep the rubber feet on and remove the 4 corner screws of the inverted FM9, and attach it to a Temple Audio board with the screws mentioned...

Egads, man, where have you been the last 6 months?

The screws that contact the rubber feet to an effects board. You can keep the rubber feet on and remove the 4 corner screws of the inverted FM9, and attach it to a Temple Audio board with the screws mentioned...
Hmmm, maybe worth drilling into my Friedman board. The way the feet are shaped very little of the FM9 makes contact with the board.

Hmmm, maybe worth drilling into my Friedman board. The way the feet are shaped very little of the FM9 makes contact with the board.
The rubber feet are designed to maintain a certain height off the floor in order that the air duct under the board can circulate air through the side vents. If you remove the rubber feet, you'd need to be sure the air duct is not blocked. The solution would be to keep the feet on, and be sure there are perforations that would allow air flow where the duct is located. That, and the FM9 L/R side ducts need about an inch space for air flow.

You could do that. Or use 3M 3550 Dual Lock. A 1" piece on each rubber foot and your FM9 will be quite solidly mounted. I wouldn't pick it up by the FM9 and shake it but it ain't going anywhere in normal usage.

I'd love to know what the board/case is.
It’s a Seismic Audio ATA 26”. I’ve had it for years. I simply flipped it over (opposite as designed), mounted feet on the underside and use the intended lid as the bottom. The rear of FM9 is propped up on a piece of 1” aluminum angle (home depot) I cut and mounted to the case at the ends with self tapping screws , so it floats. The front of the FM9 is held down by two metal shelf brackets I bent in that shape and then spray painted with plastidip. Those were fastened down with screws through the case and cut off any excessive screw poking through. A pretty easy build actually. Played with a band last night with this rig and it was a joy to use. Setup/teardown in about two minutes. Used my Friedman as power amp. The rig sounded so damn good too… but we know that already. :)

Nice rig. Does Harley Benton GPA100 do the job well?.. Really enough to juice 412 cab?
Thanks. First live show went quite well 😁

I tried it so far on a 112 cab (8 ohms) and it is more than sufficient.
You can play together with a drummer with the volume set between 10 and 11 o'clock.

The main thing you need to have am eye on is the impedance of your cab as the amp has 190w at 4 ohm, 100w at 8 ohm and 50w at 16 ohm.

Hey man, what was your solution for getting the IEC cable through the Temple Board? The one powering the FM9.
Sorry...been on vacation so I didnt see this. I am using the same solution as my FM3 on the DUO 24. I cut the end off an IEC cable and use a locking end that I got off amazon. It's super easy to do and meant to use the spliced end. They have different orientations so lookout for that and get the one you want. I have the up/down version. Link is here: Amazon product ASIN B07NP7DVWY

63CC6ED1-73A6-43EB-A297-E985679950D2.jpeg96EF046F-DC9D-44BA-892E-5020A26705FA.jpegED607F69-8131-49AE-ACF8-B85A6736A3D5.jpeg01AEF632-B19A-4B13-A8E0-998EDBF730DB.jpeg
Output 1 goes to FOH/Ears
Output 3 (Humbuster) goes to Mission Gemini 2 in Stereo
The on/off switch to the right of FM9 switches between Sennheiser wireless on input 1 (mounted under the board) and input 2 which is a hardwired cable.
The threaded flange in top right corner is for my mic stand that screws in and plugs in below to the XLR connector, and comes out on the other side of the board with the rest of the outputs.
Gear by Ceba Screen Guards are on the way.
I love this rig so much!

Is anyone using the FM9 on a Templeboard gotten the matching Temple Audio flight case? It's not clear to me if the FM9 will be too tall to close it. Ideally, I'd like the FM9 in a hard case. Any experience or suggestions? Thanks!

@Sharkdog, what's the rectangular square thing behind the FM9? Access panel?
Lol - it's an aluminum folding clipboard for set lists that I'm hoping I can do away with when I figure out the sets/songs feature in the FM9 :) The hole to the right is for my mic stand that clips into the inside of the case lid when not in use.

Attachments

• IMG_7046.jpeg
    IMG_7046.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hey man, what was your solution for getting the IEC cable through the Temple Board? The one powering the FM9.
If I may, drilling out one of the larger access holes, sanding the edges down with metal sandpaper and tapping the edges over with electrical tape provides the best solution. Locate a 18" or 2' IEC cable that can connect to a power supply underneath, or buy a Temple Audio IEC module that can connect to the closer side of your TA board. Standard IEC including Temple Audio IEC does not fit thru the undrilled access holes.

My Duo 34 utilizes a Furman AC-215A power supply and a TA IEC Module. Saves on needing to lug a spare surge protector/power strip around in my gear bag. Only thing that might require a surge protector is one of my FRFR108s I'd put on the floor. House PA usually has that covered.

7Vag7NA.jpg

DHKQ2DP.jpg

dOUwDSj.jpg

7hBluZB.jpg

Last edited:
If I may, drilling out one of the larger access holes, sanding the edges down with metal sandpaper and tapping the edges over with electrical tape provides the best solution.
I respectfully disagree with this. Although that works, a better solution (totally just my opinion) is to cut and resolder an IEC cable, using heat shrink for the internal wires and then the outer wire. This works well and doesn't require making permanent alterations to the temple board. It also results in a cleaner looking install.

Back
Top Bottom