Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Finally finished after adding my stealth screen protectors! This is on a Rockboard Quad 4.2. Nothing hangs over the edges, it's just camera perspective shenanigans....I don't need to press any switches on the SY-200 - the FM9 is taking care of preset selection, on/off and hold function via midi.
The red and black wire coming from the Truetone 1Spot connects to an adapter that drops from 12v (dip switch selected on the Truetone) to two 5v USB sockets - one is powering the underboard LED strips and I have a spare socket to charge my phone (see picture of underneath the board - the socket is cable tied in the middle section). FM9 is attached to the board with socket head bolts and stacked penny washers. The space between the SY-200 & Boss wireless is perfect for transporting an additional expression pedal if I need.
I've re-purposed an old junction box I made so that it fits in the slot on the front of the Rockboard. At the moment, I'm running mono so the only cable connection is to the OUT 1 1/4 jack which runs to a single Fender FR-10 but I'll no doubt get around to doing another one with twin 1/4 sockets and twin XLR's.
A kettle lead splitter runs power to the FM9 and Truetone from a single plug.
View attachment 139595

View attachment 139596

View attachment 139597

View attachment 139598
Nice. I have a Rockboard Quad 4.2 too for my FM3 setup. Love it, except edges should have the same width as the other horizontal rungs. I'm using velcro and can't put .

How did you do that box in the front mod opening? The available mod boxes don't really tick all of my boxes. mod 3 is closest, but I'll see about doing my own thing.
Sacrilege of course because FM3, but here's my Rockboard. Waiting on a hotone wah, this Sonicake VolWah I got for light and small and it doesn't even sound bad:
IMG_9256.jpeg

IMG_9254.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! I like the orange nice touch!. I have mine turning up from NSP cases this week for my Temple 34 board and FM9. I'll post some pics when it arrives. I literally just got the confirmation email its been completed and is on the its way.

Played around with various volume pedals (My Moog EP-03, and Dunlop DVP4) and researched all the options, but like the feel of this Hotone Ampero Press at 7" and still wanted to fit a 2 button switch on it for some other uses. Right now I have the 2 button switch set up to do +/- 1db Scene Adjustment leveling and automatic preset save per press, and then the hold function can adjust the amp level up or down and save to level out presets. Find it very helpful, especially at sound check, as I still am dialing things in. For the switch I needed to bring the height up and the pedal risers I had didnt work well, so I picked up a plastic project box that is just the right size to fit. For the board, I specifically wanted one that was just wide enough for the FM9, but 24" long, so I could fit a volume pedal on it, but nothing more. The board was cheap and comes with a light bag that just fits it all - $70 total. I have a bunch of other hard cases I could use from my prior boards and Helix days, including an ATA pedalboard case with deck, as well as a rolling SKB heavy duty case, but at this point I am all about having a light easy to carry case just to go back and forth to church:View attachment 137206
What board is that exactly?

Finally finished after adding my stealth screen protectors! This is on a Rockboard Quad 4.2. Nothing hangs over the edges, it's just camera perspective shenanigans....I don't need to press any switches on the SY-200 - the FM9 is taking care of preset selection, on/off and hold function via midi.
The red and black wire coming from the Truetone 1Spot connects to an adapter that drops from 12v (dip switch selected on the Truetone) to two 5v USB sockets - one is powering the underboard LED strips and I have a spare socket to charge my phone (see picture of underneath the board - the socket is cable tied in the middle section). FM9 is attached to the board with socket head bolts and stacked penny washers. The space between the SY-200 & Boss wireless is perfect for transporting an additional expression pedal if I need.
I've re-purposed an old junction box I made so that it fits in the slot on the front of the Rockboard. At the moment, I'm running mono so the only cable connection is to the OUT 1 1/4 jack which runs to a single Fender FR-10 but I'll no doubt get around to doing another one with twin 1/4 sockets and twin XLR's.
A kettle lead splitter runs power to the FM9 and Truetone from a single plug.
View attachment 139595

View attachment 139596

View attachment 139597

View attachment 139598
I have a similar setup. But instead of the Boss, I have a Lehle exp and the Lehle VP. Curious, what bolts/discs are you using to mount the FM9 to the board? That's been my biggest challenge and your setup looks really clean and stable.

I have a similar setup. But instead of the Boss, I have a Lehle exp and the Lehle VP. Curious, what bolts/discs are you using to mount the FM9 to the board? That's been my biggest challenge and your setup looks really clean and stable.
The bolts are M3.5 x 20mm socket head bolts and the discs are M4 x 25mm flat repair washers. I've stacked 3 washers underneath each bolt so the bolts don't go too deep into the FM9 but go deep enough for a secure hold.

Anyway. How did you do that box in the front mod opening? The available mod boxes don't really tick all of my wish boxes.
It's a standard Hammond pedal enclosure done as a patch box (1/4 inch jack to jack) and then I just cut a piece of flat aluminium to size to cover the hole in the face of the Rockboard. The Rockboard already has the holes drilled to mount it. If you look at the pic showing the coloured washers, you'll see 2 screw heads just below - they are machine screws which bolt the patch box enclosure to the faceplate.

Happy with this outcome:
  • Temple Audio Design Duo 34 GM
  • Temple Audio Design Duo 34 Softcase with enough room and extra pocket for cables
  • Boss LoopStation connected to FM9 via Boss BMIDI-2-35 TRS/MIDI Cable so I can manage MIDI via FM9
  • Temple Audio Design XLR module, both XLR out through board and exit via the left side. OUT1 to Fender FR-12, OUT2 to PA
  • Temple Audio Design 2-Way Jack Patch Mod on the right
  • Temple Audio Design IEC Mod on the right, connected to an AC splitter cord, one connected to CIOKS DC7 underneath board, and one connected to own build AC through board/connected to FM9
  • And, RGB LED LIGHT STRIP MODULE connected underneath for flashy light effects on stage. 5 gigs coming up and hope to impress with this one :cool:
  • Digitech Drop purely for additional pitch stuff.
  • Two Mission Expression pedals. One is switchable on pedal1/2, mainly used as Wah. The other one connected to pedal3 and currently used as either volume or whammy.

FM9_Rig.jpg

Covers off, end caps off. Fits perfectly on a 24x16 Aero board with riser.

View attachment 137785
I'm loving this and it's probably what I'll end up with. I just wish they had a 28"+" (28x16). For 28", they only have a 28x14, which doesn't give a good row above the FM9. Since the 24+ (24x16) won't go carry-on either, might as well get the extra real estate.
I suppose 24x16 can go checked though... Like.. Filling up you whole suitcase! 😂

On that note... I hope the next Gen of the FM9 is more compact, especially from side to side, but front to back would be welcome too.

I'm loving this and it's probably what I'll end up with. I just wish they had a 28"+" (28x16). For 28", they only have a 28x14, which doesn't give a good row above the FM9. Since the 24+ (24x16) won't go carry-on either, might as well get the extra real estate.
I suppose 24x16 can go checked though... Like.. Filling up you whole suitcase! 😂

On that note... I hope the next Gen of the FM9 is more compact, especially from side to side, but front to back would be welcome too.
I'm not sure about the Aero boards, but Creation does make custom cases, so maybe it's worth asking if they'll do custom sized boards too.

That said, even on 14" depth, you could fit a 5" riser and just clear the FM9, and it might even be close enough to the front to where it's comfortable enough to plug directly into the FM9's ports.

I actually have their 24" x 12.5" and am still planning to use a 5" depth riser (albeit 3.5" height to clear the top of the FM9 for about 1.5" of overhang.

Nice. I have a Rockboard Quad 4.2 too for my FM3 setup. Love it, except edges should have the same width as the other horizontal rungs. I'm using velcro and can't put .

How did you do that box in the front mod opening? The available mod boxes don't really tick all of my boxes. mod 3 is closest, but I'll see about doing my own thing.
Sacrilege of course because FM3, but here's my Rockboard. Waiting on a hotone wah, this Sonicake VolWah I got for light and small and it doesn't even sound bad:
View attachment 139669

View attachment 139667
An FM3 with 9 switches, very good idea. What does the little MOOER pedal do?

It's into the exp2 port, linked to FC/Personal layout/View 4/pedals 10 and 11 that have a [ -2 dB amp-level-and-save on the tap and tuner on the hold ] and a [ +2 dB amp-level-and-save on the tap and view change on the hold ] respectively.

I've been going the preset per song route for a long time but have always been struggling with balancing volumes. It's been magnified since going to in ears. So I'm trying to go to a more concise setup with just a couple of presets and more instant access. It's a challenge both in planning and cpu. Still. This setup is way more compact than an FM9. An FM9 and one exp pedal would fill up this board already and I would still want the freqout, wireless and boost and another exp pedal.

Last edited:
Oh, the mooer. I explained that in the writeup. It's a boost but I don't use it to boost the signal, It has bass and treble knobs, I use it mainly to even out the tone when switching guitars.

Back
Top Bottom