Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Really liking it so far. It’s easy to see, fast, and accurate. I use that for my main tuning then have offsets in place with the FM9 tuner if I want to quickly switch to a sweetened tuning.
Thanks for the reply, sounds good. I'll probably have to move some pedals about on my Temple board to make it fit but I'll end up ordering one no doubt.

Live test of the last configuration successfully, everything was perfectly functional, the spacing between the pedals is OK.
The sound engineer took my config in stereo and asked me to cut my output EQ to rework the sound => the result was excellent. I had the GRGuitar amp back behind me, it was also my first time.
I'm thinking about adding a small MIDI controller next to the pedalboard which would be there only when needed....I'm looking at what Morningstar offers

Attachments

• Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 65
1711657783285-png.137727

Second gig with my FM9. Worked flawlessly and is just a lot more capable than my FM3. Actually, since I had to add an MC6 (with respective power supply) to my FM3 rig, this FM9 rig is even simpler/lighter.

Set up is pretty simple. Run a Shure GLX16+ into the FM9 and have to EV-1s connected. Pedal 1 is auto-engage wah by default, but I have a multiplexer after it and have a different row path which has a volume pedal, so I can toggle the function of this between those two functions. Pedal two function varies by preset, but I mostly use it for delay amount.

I operate almost entirely on scenes, but have customized my scene view. The first four bottom row switches toggle between scenes (1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 respectively). Switch 5 is for toggling the multiplexer for the expression pedal function. Switch 6 is tap tempo with tuner on long hold, though I've mostly been using the tuner on the GLX16+ since I got it.

The top three switches are for views: Scenes, Effects, Presets. On that scenes switch, if I am already in the scenes view, it functions to access the per preset view.

BTW: I know I'm living dangerously with my beer placement in that pic. Haha.

Attachments

• 1711657783285.png
    1711657783285.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 645
Last edited:
How have you got your effects powered, please? And does the Aero 24+ soft case fit with the riser and effects
I’m using a Cioks SOL power supply and a Y IEC cable that split power from one outlet to the fm9 and the Cioks.
My FM9 and Moog fit perfectly with the caps still on the FM9. Did you just prefer the look with them off?
Yeah I had originally bolted the FM9 down with the end caps. It fit fine. But then I got to thinking what if I want to take only the FM9 with me, so I removed the end caps and switched the mounting to heavy duty dual lock. I just made a sweet tiny board for my fm3 with the covers off, and I think I actually prefer them off when on a pedalboard, aesthetically speaking. I love the big Fractal EV-1s, but the don't Tetris onto a board that well. The Moog is almost the same depth as the FM chassis, and lines up much better. I'm really loving the FM3 MkII Turbo. It runs my FM9 kitchen sink preset, and now that I've made a custom layout, it really does the job well.

Attachments

• IMG_5348_Original.jpeg
    IMG_5348_Original.jpeg
    894.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9092-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_9092-compressed.jpeg
    455.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I’m using a Cioks SOL power supply and a Y IEC cable that split power from one outlet to the fm9 and the Cioks.

Yeah I had originally bolted the FM9 down with the end caps. It fit fine. But then I got to thinking what if I want to take only the FM9 with me, so I removed the end caps and switched the mounting to heavy duty dual lock. I just made a sweet tiny board for my fm3 with the covers off, and I think I actually prefer them off when on a pedalboard, aesthetically speaking. I love the big Fractal EV-1s, but the don't Tetris onto a board that well. The Moog is almost the same depth as the FM chassis, and lines up much better. I'm really loving the FM3 MkII Turbo. It runs my FM9 kitchen sink preset, and now that I've made a custom layout, it really does the job well.
I love that FM3 board

Hi guys,

Finally mounted everything again! Bit of a long story but sold my MK1 a few months back and decided to go with an FM3 MKII Turbo. Had that for a few months and realised I missed the FM9 too much and decided to sell the FM3 and go back to the FM9. MKII Turbo this time!

Wondering why I sold it in the first place to be honest. What was I thinking. Anyway so it's all mounted to a Duo 34 board again lol. Just waiting on a Dunlop DVP4 to turn up for my 3rd exp pedal for controlling trem speed, whammy etc and then it's sorted. I didn't have enough room for another EV-2 unfortunately.

Underneath is a small Furman powering the FM9, Cioks DC7 which is powering the tuner and I'm using the USB out on that to go to a USB-C chassis for charging my phone, iPad etc. I know it's a bit overkill but I like it! Also under there I've mounted an RJM phantom power box which goes to a 7 pn midi connector tail. I can then plug in and use my RJM MMGT22 if I ever wanted to. Probably won't but you never know. That is also being powered by the Furman.

FM9 is screwed down, EV2 and EP1 are both attached using Sukh's Glow risers and velcro and there's two LED strips inside them and I'm using an external battery pack to power them via USB.

Also using Ismaele's cover pots which I really like, KNK Protection Shields and Barefoot Buttons V1 Mini's on the FM9 and a normal size V1 on the tuner in black.

I think that's everything enjoy!

IMG_0146.jpegIMG_0143.jpegIMG_0144.jpegIMG_0145.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Finally mounted everything again! Bit of a long story but sold my MK1 a few months back and decided to go with an FM3 MKII Turbo. Had that for a few months and realised I missed the FM9 too much and decided to sell the FM3 and go back to the FM9. MKII Turbo this time!

Wondering why I sold it in the first place to be honest. What was I thinking. Anyway so it's all mounted to a Duo 34 board again lol. Just waiting on a Dunlop DVP4 to turn up for my 3rd exp pedal for controlling trem speed, whammy etc and then it's sorted. I didn't have enough room for another EV-2 unfortunately.

Underneath is a small Furman powering the FM9, Cioks DC7 which is powering the tuner and I'm using the USB out on that to go to a USB-C chassis for charging my phone, iPad etc. I know it's a bit overkill but I like it! Also under there I've mounted an RJM phantom power box which goes to a 7 pn midi connector tail. I can then plug in and use my RJM MMGT22 if I ever wanted to. Probably won't but you never know. That is also being powered by the Furman.

FM9 is screwed down, EV2 and EP1 are both attached using Sukh's Glow risers and velcro and there's two LED strips inside them and I'm using an external battery pack to power them via USB.

Also using Ismaele cover pots which I really like, KNK Protection Shields and Barefoot Buttons V1 Mini's in black.

View attachment 137889View attachment 137890View attachment 137891View attachment 137892
Wow.

I’ve toyed recently with using my GT22 with my FM9. But the absurdity of it had me back away from the idea. Still…

Wow.

I’ve toyed recently with using my GT22 with my FM9. But the absurdity of it had me back away from the idea. Still…
Me too! I just installed the phantom power box and tail just in case. I probably won't ever use it but never say never!

Hi guys,

Also using Ismaele's cover pots which I really like, KNK Protection Shields and Barefoot Buttons V1 Mini's on the FM9 and a normal size V1 on the tuner in black.

View attachment 137889View attachment 137890View attachment 137891View attachment 137892
I like that pedaltrain, wich´s model?. Can you give me the dimensions?.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom