Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Finally finished my fly rig for the summer. Been flying since 2019 with my Axe3, Matrix Power Amp, Shure PSM 900 IEM & Shure GLXD4R guitar wireless weighing in at 50lbs, my FC & incidentals in another checked bag, and carrying on my Mono Dual Electric case w/my my laptop carry on. I am too old for that crap anymore lol!

Now I will have my entire rig in one checked case, most likely the Pelican 1595 Air, but may move up to the 1615 Air, haven't decided. You will see that I extended the handles with picture frame clips so my FM9 and EV2 would fit on the Duo 24. I like it, but I added 5/8 inch feet on the bottom of the Temple board making it just as easy to pick it up, maybe easier, lol. So I may remove the handles giving me another inch of foam space in the 1595 Air.

Underneath is my GLXD4R and PSM900 with all antennas being mounted thru to the top of the Temple Board. I am running OUT1 to the Temple AMPMOD to my 2 Marshall cabs, and I'm gonna be honest, it sounds great. Not a Matrix, but for what I need, which is just to allow me to feel the air move on stage, it is all good🎸.

All power is coming in thru the Temple IEC AC Mains Micro Module, splitting 3 ways. Split #1 adding an extra on/off switch to the AMPMOD for the rare event I am not using cabs. Split #2 going to the Temple Hi5L MOD powering my 2 wireless units and LEDs, and split #3 running to my FM9.

I added l a 1/4 TRS Panel Mount Pigtai to Input 2 TRS to bring IEM feed from the FOH into my FM9, out of OUT3 of my FM9 into my PSM900, so I can have independent control of my guitar volume in stereo, with the house IEM feed up the middle of my ears. Then added 2 XLR Female Panel Mount Pigtails to OUT2 L/R stereo for my FOH feed.

Lastly, I cut pretty much every cable, AC power, DC power, XLR, TRS etc, and re-soldered/rewired them all to save space and weight. My wife has a word for that, but I digress..... All of it I checked a million times on my multimeter to make sure I dont kill myself, and then I checked again 🙏.

Will make a youtube vid of my build with all my tips and tricks in the next week or so. Next upView attachment 136880View attachment 136881View attachment 136882View attachment 136883View attachment 136884View attachment 136885View attachment 136886View attachment 136887View attachment 136888View attachment 136889... Pelican Air baby!
That is a thing of beauty

Sorry, missed the first Q. no issues at all as my antennas are on top. I also have the pedal version and was prepared to mount it if I couldnt' get the half rack in there. I think I may be the first on the forum to get 2 half racks underneath on a 24 inch board FM9 rig. Chime in if anyone else has done it.
Thanks for the reply! I’m going to try and do what you did with the antenna placement. And yes I do believe you’re the first with a dual unit underneath. My pedalboard has 2 pass throughs I could probably rig the antennas up and through.. I just saw on a lot of forums outside of the Fractal Forum that wireless units tend to not play nicely with modelers but again those could be lower end units which is why I went with the dual band Shure.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5013.jpeg
    IMG_5013.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
Hello everyone.
Here is the latest version of the pedalboard: Replacement of the 2 Mission expression pedals with 2 Fractal EV-2.
Replacement of the BOSS EV-5 expression pedal with an HB switch.
Added the T-Bone Giga Pro wireless receiver (only for concerts) for rehearsals I use a BOSS WL-20 set.
I used the EV-5 only in ON/OFF mode with the tuner switched to OFF (pedal raised).....So a switch was more suited to the need.
Replacement of the 2 Mission in order to save a little space, a little weight, in use I notice better control of the position even if the pedal is a little smaller.
The HB switch mutes the outputs, it controls a VOL/PAN block placed after the delays but before the Reverb in order to have a clean but not too dry cutoff! I also had fun adding time ramps on the ON/OFF (see the screen copies)

You can notice the red tape strip on the second EV-2. Red = Wha! I regret that Fractal only offers the EV-2 in black
Looks good!

Thanks for the reply! I’m going to try and do what you did with the antenna placement. And yes I do believe you’re the first with a dual unit underneath. My pedalboard has 2 pass throughs I could probably rig the antennas up and through.. I just saw on a lot of forums outside of the Fractal Forum that wireless units tend to not play nicely with modelers but again those could be lower end units which is why I went with the dual band Shure.

Thank you!

Yes I have the Xvive as well for quick set ups. It does have issues, I have to run an XLR to it to keep a distance the the FM9

Can you tell us in detail how you connected all these expression pedals and switches?
The two big expression pedal are connected via the live logic midi controller.
The smal orange one is connected to pedal 3 on the fm9
The tap tempo switch is midi and connected to the midi through of the live logic.
The dual switch is connected to pedal 1 and 2 on the fm9, I use it for preset up and down and hold function for the tuner.
The expression pedals are for delay reverb mix, gain, and wah.

The two big expression pedal are connected via the live logic midi controller.
The smal orange one is connected to pedal 3 on the fm9
The tap tempo switch is midi and connected to the midi through of the live logic.
The dual switch is connected to pedal 1 and 2 on the fm9, I use it for preset up and down and hold function for the tuner.
The expression pedals are for delay reverb mix, gain, and wah.
what model for the MIDI switch ?

A few more pics for your viewing pleasure. Forgot to mention all cables are Ernie Ball flat ribbons, super light weight. The only 3 cables not Ernie Ball are the Panel mounts that I soldered to my needs, 2 with low profile Switchcraft XLRs for OUT2, and 1 with a regular Switchcraft TRS for INPUT2 IEMs. Also, no sticky back velcro, both the FM9 and the EV2 are screwed in😁

I have a full record of everything I bought for the build and happy to share links if anyone needs. 🎶

Rock on!

View attachment 136891View attachment 136892View attachment 136893View attachment 136894View attachment 136895View attachment 136896View attachment 136897
Very impressive indeed!

I’m curious as to how you extended your antennas? (I.e. what type of cables, adapters, connectors, etc..).

Thx!
Joce

first, what kind of wireless system do you have. Can you send me a link?
I have the Sennheiser XSW IEM system (and currently use the Shure GLXD16 for my bass). We also have the (cheaper..) Debra Audio ER-102 IEM system in the practice room, that I've been wanting to install into a rack with the antenna extended to the front of the rack..

Thx!
J

I have the Sennheiser XSW IEM system (and currently use the Shure GLXD16 for my bass). We also have the (cheaper..) Debra Audio ER-102 IEM system in the practice room, that I've been wanting to install into a rack with the antenna extended to the front of the rack..

Thx!
J
Well as You can see I actually got 2 half racks in. if everything you have is BNC then you can just buy

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Bulkhead-Connector-Extension-Security/dp/B092VSRFKY/ref=sr_1_4?crid=YKLQGHCPSYPD&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.RiYj_D6DkBPWD5bA7ypAPjHOMaiIvHHW7tRFlnLN9CASNEAKAAclCOeiWnTs-4MSjQlAzxcmsPdxQ41fao9Mzl-ShsoSq3SrD6w1vwFihEvjZA_zsNuW18xJcQtLZng6BA4Q6NLhnyWvNPXh0lzBzteWTVKN2giUOFt_BE4mFLmKMIWZltnmo18-9rGtem7wXHiNG2M8h73BO1mx03pqZ4iUI5bnJz_On3Lf0u2jH3w.JVKsZzf1tPTDwMvLS0eXXk6qVb_xCvqYvUCE5kcn1eA&dib_tag=se&keywords=bnc+mount+female+to+female&qid=1710793531&sprefix=bnc+mount+female+to+female,aps,136&sr=8-4&th=1

Then depending on the length you need, I used 6 inch you can buy

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TC14Z9H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

or any variation. Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom