Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Ok, all done with my new board build! After receiving the rest of the parts I needed to complete, I binged last night in the shop a solid 6.5 hrs and did the teardown of the old and fabricated the new!

Temple Audio Duo 34! On the left side I have Midi, USB in for updates, USB A, USB C and C fast charge! On the Right I have 1/4" Input jack with interrupt, O/P-1 O/P-2. All of the lowprophile connectors I could find.

The IEC power mods are spliced to a convenience outlet I found on Amazon that has 2 plugs and three USB charging ports! I can power from either side of the board and / or power my monitors all with one power cord. Everything is dressed down with the use of sticky zip tie mounts and zip ties!

The FM and dB instruments are both held on with screws while the Shure wireless is held on with HD velcro.

There is only one other item I am considering for my board and that's a Peterson HD strobe tuner! Everything will be housed in a Studio Slips bag made to spec!View attachment 112342View attachment 112343View attachment 112344View attachment 112345View attachment 112346View attachment 112347View attachment 112340
View attachment 112351

I am insanely inspired by the work you did here and really love the wiring and setup. I've kind of been digging through these posts, but wondering if you could share any links to the passthrough connectors/underneath braided cables you used for this. I understand how the Temple Audio works conceptually, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what 1/4", XLR, USB-C "plates" I should get, or where to get those from. Such good work!

One thing about the EV-2s is that although they are smaller... you cannot really cram them together to save space. Your foot ends up over both pedals if you do... unless you have really small feet :)
Yeah, that’s why I rather quickly decided not to get them. I suppose they could come in handy if you have limited depth, though. Like if you have a really wide bridge or something and can’t cut into it for more normal-sized expression pedals.

Or they could be the right size for some sort of pressure-sensitive expression pedal. Like, the more weight you put on it, the closer it gets to “toe-down”. Of course, without a way to distinguish between “heel-down” and “I had to put my foot somewhere else” such a thing would have limited utility (not “no utility”, just limited).

Ok, all done with my new board build! After receiving the rest of the parts I needed to complete, I binged last night in the shop a solid 6.5 hrs and did the teardown of the old and fabricated the new!

Temple Audio Duo 34! On the left side I have Midi, USB in for updates, USB A, USB C and C fast charge! On the Right I have 1/4" Input jack with interrupt, O/P-1 O/P-2. All of the lowprophile connectors I could find.

The IEC power mods are spliced to a convenience outlet I found on Amazon that has 2 plugs and three USB charging ports! I can power from either side of the board and / or power my monitors all with one power cord. Everything is dressed down with the use of sticky zip tie mounts and zip ties!

The FM and dB instruments are both held on with screws while the Shure wireless is held on with HD velcro.

There is only one other item I am considering for my board and that's a Peterson HD strobe tuner! Everything will be housed in a Studio Slips bag made to spec!View attachment 112342View attachment 112343View attachment 112344View attachment 112345View attachment 112346View attachment 112347View attachment 112340
View attachment 112351
Outstanding!
Love that clean build!!, your choice of monitors, and even the soundcraft (I have a Ui24 in my rack)
Well done Sir.

Outstanding!
Love that clean build!!, your choice of monitors, and even the soundcraft (I have a Ui24 in my rack)
Well done Sir.
Thanks!

I just got my Studio Slips covers for everything they turned out great! The bag for the board, I had them put leather strips on the bottom and back of the bag! Inside I had them sew in an extra pocket on the top side with extra thick padding to add a rigid piece of something, probably flexible cutting board material to help protect knobs and screen for that unexpected hit to the side or something that gets thrown on top of it.

I looked at the Ui 24 but I couldn't justify the expense so I opted for the 16. Pretty happy with it so far. I have done quite a few gigs with it and haven't needed anything more as of yet. I did add a different router to eliminate the weak built in unit.

IMG_1287.jpg

Nice setup. What are you controlling with those two pots in front of the FM9T?
I only use one of the pots ….to control global volume (instead of an expression pedal). When I initially level my presets, I make sure all the presets just touch the red area. When I get to the gig, I turn down the global volume to about -8db….this is because I have a filter block right before Output 1 as a 2.8db solo boost.

Also have mine on a Duo 34

I presume yes, but is there enough clearance under the Duo for your wireless receiver not to touch the floor?
Should fit depending on what you have. I've seen the Line6 G50 mounted underneath. I'm putting mine on top because it shows battery status. I have 3 different body packs and don't always change batteries in them all before every show.

If anyone is interested the clearance dims under the DUO 34 measured from the bottom to the top of the cross brace are 2" at the back, 1.500" in the middle and 1.125" at the front! this does not include the height of the feet or the sides which give an additional 3/8" off the floor.

It's amazing what a $7 LED light strip will do! I looked at Home Depot (on line) and Walmart had the same thing for 1/3 the price. Installed quite easily and I used a little Shoe-Goo to reinforce the sticky-back strips. I likely won't impress anyone with my playing ability but my rig will look cool! :smirk: Just waiting for my FM9 to be born now. I need to get it in soon! I'm spending way too much on extra shit!
1675697538961.jpeg

Attachments

• 020523 (2).jpeg
    020523 (2).jpeg
    569.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 020523 (3).jpeg
    020523 (3).jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
It's amazing what a $7 LED light strip will do! I looked at Home Depot (on line) and Walmart had the same thing for 1/3 the price. Installed quite easily and I used a little Shoe-Goo to reinforce the sticky-back strips. I likely won't impress anyone with my playing ability but my rig will look cool! :smirk: Just waiting for my FM9 to be born now. I need to get it in soon! I'm spending way too much on extra shit!
View attachment 115641
Got a link for the light strip you used? That's looking really nice!

I also bought one of these from Amazon (listed on someone's previous thread) so I have 2 110V outlets and 2 USB ports. You have to shave off the flanges to get them to fit under the DUO-34 bracket but is works well for the lights and also as a power supply for any 110V stuff. I cut the cord down to make it shorter.

1675706459028.jpeg

Finally got my FM9 board together and working. It consists of a Temple Audio Trio 21 with a Seymour Duncan PS 170, Furman AC-215, and CIOKS DC7 to power the LED strip and the MiPro wireless [not pictured]. I used to have a pedal train pro, and it was just too big. I also like having the expression pedals not on the board, as I did not like the angle. Especially with the EV-2s [Not pictured] The power, XLR L/R and 1/4 speaker out are on the left side of the board and GTR in, and expression pedals 1 and 2 inputs on the right hand side. I do not think the receiver for the wireless will be able to be permanently attached, which I do not like, but I do dig the smaller foot print. The USB connection is the last thing to figure out, the space between the FM9 and PS 170 is a bit tight, but I think someone makes angled USB adapters.

FM9.jpg

Finally got my FM9 board together and working. It consists of a Temple Audio Trio 21 with a Seymour Duncan PS 170, Furman AC-215, and CIOKS DC7 to power the LED strip and the MiPro wireless [not pictured]. I used to have a pedal train pro, and it was just too big. I also like having the expression pedals not on the board, as I did not like the angle. Especially with the EV-2s [Not pictured] The power, XLR L/R and 1/4 speaker out are on the left side of the board and GTR in, and expression pedals 1 and 2 inputs on the right hand side. I do not think the receiver for the wireless will be able to be permanently attached, which I do not like, but I do dig the smaller foot print. The USB connection is the last thing to figure out, the space between the FM9 and PS 170 is a bit tight, but I think someone makes angled USB adapters.

View attachment 115649
Looks nice and compact! That trio looks deep, what do you do for mic stand placement?

Back
Top Bottom