Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Finished* Temple Audio Duo 34 FM9 Board

9IGc5Kr.jpg

jZ54iMF.jpg

sIWV3lL.jpg

(Pretty Complicated Connections)
ef07vps.jpg

The ¼" left side jacks are for instrument and headphones, USB jack and TA Mini-Power Module included as well.
*Designates a "finished-for-now" mindset. Am sure there will something else that can further complicate matters...yup.

Here is mine.
I was able to fit this in the Gator Helix Floor case with wheels. Very portable.
I took off the end caps and mounted the FM9 and EV-2 to two boards.
Looks a little odd but has been working well for several months. Very solid.

Attachments

• 6F555650-061C-486D-82F5-0879F5BF071F.jpeg
    6F555650-061C-486D-82F5-0879F5BF071F.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 85
  • DA2B5786-E87B-4DC7-8914-2D04348983A3.jpeg
    DA2B5786-E87B-4DC7-8914-2D04348983A3.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 82
9IGc5Kr.jpg

Finished* Temple Audio Duo 34 FM9 Board

9IGc5Kr.jpg

jZ54iMF.jpg

sIWV3lL.jpg

(Pretty Complicated Connections)
ef07vps.jpg

The ¼" left side jacks are for instrument and headphones, USB jack and TA Mini-Power Module included as well.
*Designates a "finished-for-now" mindset. Am sure there will something else that can further complicate matters...yup.
So what are the 2 buttons above and below your tuner? I'm just starting a set-up and looking for ideas to steal. lol

9IGc5Kr.jpg

So what are the 2 buttons above and below your tuner? I'm just starting a set-up and looking for ideas to steal. lol
Lower: Utility > Tuner
Upper: Preset Bank (Tap) Up / (Hold) Down

From www.lovemyswitches.com. These are momentary normally closed soft-touch, with Barefoot Buttons https://barefootbuttons.com V2 Standard toppers.

Also added are lovemyswitches 2 "dress nuts" for nicer presentation (though not visible under the Barefoot Buttons) and a large aluminum washer to fit the switch screw shaft. (Available at your local hardware store).

The switches themselves require soldering to a cut length of ¼" TS plug cable. I used a 10' length of TS right-angled patch cable, as visible with the red cables above. The tricky part is getting the switches to stay put once they're attached to your board (Use a little dab of blue Loc-Tite to secure the switch screw shafts after they're attached to your board, but before you add the toppers.)

The switches need to be immobile once they're attached, otherwise you run the risk of breaking solder contact. Project time was about 90 minutes, not including hardware store or ordering online parts. Perhaps an extra 30 minutes repairing one switch's broken solder contact.

Last edited:
It looks like I need a Normally closed momentary switch, is that correct?

I'm almost positive can use either. There's a setting where you tell the FM9 what kind of switch is connected.
Either open or closed will now work correctly with FM9 firmware v 4.0. Previous firmware versions would not for normally closed. Within the front panel Setup, select I/O > Enter > Pedal > Type: Switch > Switch Polarity: Select > Switch Behavior: Follow Hardware > Calibrate: <Press Enter> >> Exit > Exit.

Last edited:
Just waiting for the FM9 and EV1 to finish up, then I'll swap my Wireless, Tuner, and power supply from my current rig to the DUO34. I've been using the Headrush's for Keyboard work and love them so far, we all use IEM's so the only one listening to the FRFR's on stage or at rehearsal will be my guitar. I built a large floor plate from 1/8" steel with a mic stand socket on it to put the floor unit on and keep the mic as close as possible, I'll use that with this set-up as well. The last pic is a rendering from Temple with room for a momentary switch I bought off Amazon. Hopefully the timeline moves up for me on the FM9!

Attachments

• 012223.jpeg
    012223.jpeg
    723.5 KB · Views: 115
  • JOE (3).jpeg
    JOE (3).jpeg
    593 KB · Views: 111
  • download (4).png
    download (4).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
I got a temple board duo 34 but I'm now debating if I want to mount it with my 2 evh-2 😩 (too long)

I'm liking the look on its own

View attachment 115027
I got the Duo 34 so I could go with 2x EV-2s on top. Out the box it really is quite long. I took approximately 2" off each side. You cannot go with a full 2" because the holes have to line up. I ended up with a board that is 30 1/4" wide. This is about the same size as the board was using previously ( but not as deep so... overall it's a smaller board). One thing about the EV-2s is that although they are smaller... you cannot really cram them together to save space. Your foot ends up over both pedals if you do... unless you have really small feet :)

This is a very handy mic stand base I made from a piece of 1/8" plate. I took a pipe nipple and drilled it for a lock bolt and welded it to the plate. I cut the very bottom off a standard tripod mid boom stand and it slides into the pipe with a lock bolt to hold it from rotating. it's super stable and my pedalboard sits right on it. I hated how the tripod stands had to set so far back from the pedalboard so now everything is in a smaller package. It's about 10 pounds but it just sits in the gear trailer between shows so that's not an issue.

Attachments

• Resized_20230125_201924.jpeg
    Resized_20230125_201924.jpeg
    413.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Resized_20230125_201931.jpeg
    Resized_20230125_201931.jpeg
    416.1 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom