Let's see those FM9 rigs!

How are people attaching the FM9 to wooden / laminate pedalboards?
Im looking for good methods that will make it easy to either use the FM9 off the pedalboard (ie placed on bedroom floor) or attached to full pedal board (when out at jams). The Bluguitar Amp1 can use magnetic attachments - has anyone tried this or a similar quick release type strategy?

https://bluguitar.com/en/products/accessoires/easy-locks

bluguitar_product-easy_locks_600x600.png
When I had mine on a flat laminate board I used some 3M Dual Lock SJ3550. At each corner, strip on the metal bottom of the FM9, a strip on the board. And a little riser made of the same dual lock between the two (to get it sitting higher than the rubber feet). Worked great and very solid.

While I'm waiting for my FM9 purchase invite (months out) I ordered in a Duo-34 with the modules to start assembling. I'm planning on mounting the FM9, 2 expression pedals, and a G-50 wireless (about 6" wide). Does anyone have this set up? I'd prefer to use EV1's but the EV2's are slimmer and I won't know what fits till I get them in. I'm concerned about the 2 pedals being that close and not being able to use one without moving the other... Any input is appreciated.

While I'm waiting for my FM9 purchase invite (months out) I ordered in a Duo-34 with the modules to start assembling. I'm planning on mounting the FM9, 2 expression pedals, and a G-50 wireless (about 6" wide). Does anyone have this set up? I'd prefer to use EV1's but the EV2's are slimmer and I won't know what fits till I get them in. I'm concerned about the 2 pedals being that close and not being able to use one without moving the other... Any input is appreciated.
You can go to the Temple Audio website and use their planner. You should be and to figure it out ahead of time.

Partly depends on your foot size. I have 12W/13D, so no point getting smaller pedals. The EV1 is still smaller than my clown shoes.

I don't have that but here's someone who does...

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/lets-see-those-fm9-rigs.176163/page-23#post-2303643

What have people used for a single add-on control switch? Building my Temple Board, and I have 2 exp pedals, want to use the third PDL input to have a single switch for tap-tempo/tuner control.

Dang. That almost makes me want to mount my FM9 on a board.
I surfed this thread and learned so much! Protection and set-up speed are important so I decided on the Temple and the Vault case. I've got everything here except the FM9 so when it shows up I don't have to waste time figuring out the mounting stuff.

What have people used for a single add-on control switch? Building my Temple Board, and I have 2 exp pedals, want to use the third PDL input to have a single switch for tap-tempo/tuner control.
I use a single button switch from Loopi and I like it a lot--it's just a regular switch though. You can use a dual switch but only one side will work. One of these single switches should work well but I cannot confirm.

Damn, the Loopi micro looks perfect but they're not shipping to the US at the moment. I'll keep looking.
Saturnworks makes one although I like the smaller ones better just for size.

American Loopers has the single ones.

But honestly the ones from Amazon I linked above are probably the cheapest and most readily available option and should work fine. Many people use the dual versions with the FM3 (I actually have a pair from when I had my FM3) and are perfectly happy.

I was able to go to Temple's site and test both EV's, looks like the EV2 will have to work. Super cool feature on Temple's site!
Note that you could potentially mount your wireless underneath... Or even use 1 EV-1 and 1 EV-2.

Edit:

Just noticed you said you don't want it underneath...

I'll second @Deadpool_25 on the Saturnworks switches. Quality stuff. I have a single button and a twin Expression (basically just two pots) from them. Both great quality.
Saturnworks looks great. Just one clarification since I'm new to this, if I'm trying to use this for either tuner/tap tempo replacment or as a single control switch for, say, amp boost, I want the Latching Single Switch or the momentary single switch?

Saturnworks looks great. Just one clarification since I'm new to this, if I'm trying to use this for either tuner/tap tempo replacment or as a single control switch for, say, amp boost, I want the Latching Single Switch or the momentary single switch?
Get the momentary switch. Your FM9 can make a momentary switch behave like a momentary or latching switch. The opposite isn’t true. :)

Back
Top Bottom