Let's see those FM3 rigs!

That is the Medium size model. They make a larger version that is deeper and wider.
I was just looking at that! Based on the measurements the medium is the one to get, from what I have read the medium and large are the same width 17.5". You really don't get enough depth on the large board to warrant the additional real estate. For the $100 it's a nice platform for the "LT3 rig"

Last edited:
Bedroom musician here (used to be pro about 15 years ago, but got a mortgage and kids and all that now). Here's my under-the-desk noodling station. I work from home (not just due to the 'rona, been full time remote for the past 8 years), and having this sit right under my desk lets me just pull the guitar over and jam out some ideas whenever it strikes me :)

IMG_1373.JPG

(Yeah I know, the cables are a disaster)

Bedroom musician here (used to be pro about 15 years ago, but got a mortgage and kids and all that now). Here's my under-the-desk noodling station. I work from home (not just due to the 'rona, been full time remote for the past 8 years), and having this sit right under my desk lets me just pull the guitar over and jam out some ideas whenever it strikes me :)

View attachment 67023

(Yeah I know, the cables are a disaster)
Nice, my cable is even worse!!
how do you like a pair of HR speaker with your FM3?

So I'm thinking of grabbing a NUX pedalboard as well. How's the bag that comes with it? Is the pocket roomy enough to handle power supplies/cables, etc..?

Thanks!!!

Reactions: JD_
how do you like a pair of HR speaker with your FM3?
They're actually really nice. They have much better low end response on the floor then up on stands like I had them previously.

Some days I wish I had opted for the 12" models, butI think for what I'm using them for right now they'd be too big. Plus my FM3 doubles as my computer's audio interface so I can play music back through the Headrush cabs while I'm working. It's a pretty awesome setup

For those with the "blacked out" NUX boards, how did you go about refinishing it? Did you spray directly over the existing finish or did you have to do some prep?

For those with the "blacked out" NUX boards, how did you go about refinishing it? Did you spray directly over the existing finish or did you have to do some prep?
I sprayed right over the yellow with about four coats of flat black. I'm sure that isn't the best method and some extra prep would be a better approach. I'll have to see how it holds up once it's on stage and being moved around. Worse case I'll take the sides off and touch it up a bit if too much yellow started to show. Interesting to see what others did also.

Finally done. 1/8 ABS plastic on underside to better fill the space between FM3 / EV-2 and board. Feet don’t touch so could have used thinner material. This process uses twice as much dual lock but it’s not moving! I probably could have stuck the plastic to the FM3 / EV-2 some other way and saved on dual lock. Oh well.

Next, mounted two switches directly to board. That was fun. The NUX is solid. Drilled out the holes and then also had to use a grinder to remove metal support from the back side. Then hit with flat black paint. Provides a lot more clearance and feet won’t accidentally hit buttons when using the pedal.

539B0CEE-AB85-4774-943F-8B38258695F5.jpegC8210812-F136-4D63-B261-7F6D142E6C05.jpeg73DA499F-DC3C-4737-AC3B-24B0CDC9AC58.jpeg78AA4BAA-73F6-40B9-B730-C19F53F018C1.jpegDC5E6102-FC93-436D-B38C-41EEC6C6E98B.jpeg861EBE21-DBD4-4C9D-95FA-B0C498BC2DD4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom