Let's see those FM3 rigs!

I made my own two button (momentary) external switch. With my setup I use Switches 1 & 3 hold for preset inc/dec. Switch 2 hold gets me the tuner. Switches 1-5 tap give me scenes 1-5. Gives me 1 row w/equidistant taps to my scenes. I use one preset per song. With 5 scenes and 4 channels to custom configure per song, one preset can cover a lot of ground. Yes....there are cutouts in the sides of my switch box to allow free air flow into the FM3. All gear is 2" velcro attached. Board has latching top cover with feet, carry handle and matching ichthys (fish). Board/top coated with rolled-on deck coating. Very tough durable coating. Yeah, it is kind of 'dukie brown', but I like earth tones.
View attachment 66659

I like how you keep the plastic film on the display but heavily modify the unit nonetheless. 😎

I'm sure the plastic film will come off sooner or later, just gonna savor it a while. All I did to modify the unit is remove/relocate one end cap. Heavily sounds like a warranty violation. Since I took great care to make sure the FM3 air flow is fully unrestricted I hope that is not the case.

That particular preset isn't something I'd use live. Live I use 4 scenes arranged on the first view of the perform layout.

Tap FS1 - Scene 1 - Main rhythm guitar sound
Hold FS1 - Scene 2 - Lead
Tap FS2 - Scene 3 - Scene 1 with a dotted eighth rhythmic delay
Hold FS2 - Scene 4 - Scene 3 with a rotary
Tap FS3 - Tap Tempo
Hold FS3 - Tuner

I've attached the preset if you want to try it, although it does require a user cab. I really like the minimalism of 3 buttons and an expression pedal live as it lets me focus more on performing rather than tap dancing.

Thanks Leon!

Here is my rig on temple audio duo 24. I am missing couple cables, waiting on them to arrive, so I can finish it up. Just one expression pedal, Digitech drop for couple songs that are in a different tuning, shure wireless, and little cheap switch from amazon. I have a little power strip on the bottom side, where I have adapters for the pedals plugged, and power for FM3.

Attachments

• IMG_1987.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 509
Here is my rig on temple audio duo 24. I am missing couple cables, waiting on them to arrive, so I can finish it up. Just one expression pedal, Digitech drop for couple songs that are in a different tuning, shure wireless, and little cheap switch from amazon. I have a little power strip on the bottom side, where I have adapters for the pedals plugged, and power for FM3.
Glad you posted this, other than the Drop that is exactly what I plan to put on my board. I was considering the Duo 24 and it looks like it will be perfect.

How did you fasten the FM3 to the board?

Last edited:
Glad you posted this, other than the Drop that is exactly what I plan to put on my board. I was considering the Duo 24 and it looks like it will be perfect.

How did you fasten the FM3 to the board?

Velcro on the sides, along the rubber raiser/feet. I’ve put one big strip top to bottom on each side. Even though it’s raised in a bit in the middle, still holds good enough to not move. I’ll road test it more when I start playing live again.

Here is my home studio fm3 setup at the moment. We have a kitten and he kept standing and walking all over it. So I thought i would mount it at an angle so he wont jump on it. Now he jumps on it pressing the buttons and while he is sliding off turning the encoders....lol Argh !!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20200426_100946.jpg
    20200426_100946.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 212
Has anyone managed to squeeze an FM3, EV2 and a Shure GLXD16 receiver onto a Temple Audio Duo 17? I made a cardboard template using the board’s dimensions and it looks like they would just barely fit. It would be great if didn’t have to step up to the 24, which would be way bigger than I need.

Has anyone managed to squeeze an FM3, EV2 and a Shure GLXD16 receiver onto a Temple Audio Duo 17? I made a cardboard template using the board’s dimensions and it looks like they would just barely fit. It would be great if didn’t have to step up to the 24, which would be way bigger than I need.

Check out the Temple Audio board planner http://templeplanner.com I don't think it will be big enough when you add the Shure.

Unless Temple’s measurements are off, it will not fit. I’m running into a similar issue. The 17 is too small, the 24 is too wide, and the Trios are too deep. I may have to buy a wireless to help fill up the 24.

Check out the Temple Audio board planner http://templeplanner.com I don't think it will be big enough when you add the Shure.
Thanks, I’ll take a look at that.
Unless Temple’s measurements are off, it will not fit. I’m running into a similar issue. The 17 is too small, the 24 is too wide, and the Trios are too deep. I may have to buy a wireless to help fill up the 24.
I have the Shure sitting above the EV2, rotated 90 degrees. It looks like it may fit, but it sure would be tight. I’m probably going to build another board with just an FC6 and the EV2, which I’m sure will fit. I guess I could go ahead and pick up a 17 and see if it would also work with the FM3/Shure.

Oh well, looks like a Duo 24 it is then. There’s no way to get the Shure on the 17, the board would need to be an inch or two deeper.

I'm sure the guys at temple audio can make a custom size for you. Obviously with what's happening at the moment you probably won't get it anytime soon. Plus it will probably cost a little more.

Back
Top Bottom