Let's see those FM3 rigs!

What? Really? That shouldn't be the case.
Yea, I can't figure it out. Every time I try to post it - even in a PM - it creates a media link that is empty. Dunno.
I'm no expert on this but isn't the same thing the vocoder block does?
The TC-Helicon also does vocoder so I'd guess yes but it's a very different effect. The TC-Helicon is also a vocal processor though, which for me is essential.

UPS dropped it off about 2 hour's ago, sprayed the box down with Lysol and let it sit a while. Took about a minute to get used to the foot switches, very intuitive. Now I'm flipping thru the presets/scenes and if you haven't discovered it yet you've got to try #55 Dweezil's Bassguy, Scene 3 (DZ lead). O...M...G... Nice work on that one Matt! I'll take a pic of "the rig" later but here she is...

EDIT: Been meaning to mention this cause it's the same on the AxeFx III Factory Preset and the FM3... #8 Plexi 50W, Scene 1 is supposed to be the 6550 but it's set to Amp Ch D, 1987x.

IMG_2200.jpeg

Last edited:
Just got it today.
Getting everything setup and my Axe-III presets transferred over. That was a little more involved than I thought it was going to be but not too difficult as I don’t have any crazy presets.

Will work on getting everything mounted on a board tomorrow. Got plenty of time right now.
9686B438-1CC1-43D1-9FD1-E9C6E69E5583.jpeg

Last edited:
image.jpg
I think it might stay here...I have the FM3 connected by SPDIF to my media room where it goes into a IFI DACthen into the
Prima Luna stereo tube amp running the Martin Logan speakers//...sounds heavenly.image.jpg
Note the line of exiled cruise ships out my balcony window in Sobe....

Last edited:
UPS dropped it off about 2 hour's ago, sprayed the box down with Lysol and let it sit a while. Took about a minute to get used to the foot switches, very intuitive. Now I'm flipping thru the presets/scenes and if you haven't discovered it yet you've got to try #55 Dweezil's Bassguy, Scene 3 (DZ lead). O...M...G... Nice work on that one Matt! I'll take a pic of "the rig" later but here she is...

EDIT: Been meaning to mention this cause it's the same on the AxeFx III Factory Preset and the FM3... #8 Plexi 50W, Scene 1 is supposed to be the 6550 but it's set to Amp Ch D, 1987x.

View attachment 65318
Is that the scene with the Dynaflanger? The sick duck detune sound on one side? See 1:50 into this video:

Is this what you get in that scene? I'm dying for that tone!!

The stages I play most of the time are pretty small so I managed to fit everything I need on a pedal train metro 20. This, double guitar gig bag and a backpack and I have everything I need to gig.

Attachments

• 84A381F5-3A45-40C7-A96F-CA5606D87409.jpeg
    84A381F5-3A45-40C7-A96F-CA5606D87409.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 382
Nice and compact man.
Seems you use an outboard Detuner Mike ?
I played with the Detune block , to play along with some Eb stuff......it has a warble to it right now like phasing noise, not usable live if you ask me, but maybe it needs to be tweaker better. I got the blocks from a posted patch,,,,maybe they translated poorly, anyway hoping that gets better.

Nice and compact man.
Seems you use an outboard Detuner Mike ?
I played with the Detune block , to play along with some Eb stuff......it has a warble to it right now like phasing noise, not usable live if you ask me, but maybe it needs to be tweaker better. I got the blocks from a posted patch,,,,maybe they translated poorly, anyway hoping that gets better.
The Detune in the pitch block is not for changing tuning. It's for applying a Chorus-like effect by adding slightly detuned signal in with the original.

Try the Virtual Capo mode of the Pitch block.

Reactions: Rex
Thanks Unix...the patch I had was labelled as such....so I thought thats what is was for.
Will try the Virtual Capo. Are the AFX3 guys using this ?
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom