Let's see those FM3 rigs!

You gotta stick a mic at the top of the chimney and record it!
Page did that on a few Zeppelin tracks recorded at Headley Grange.

0VcOzTqcPuCp-TLku2KDNNfI3bod55n3y7ZPqc_br-vuuITleHvjdsrC0i4dux9MZ9y8m36xjH5lVbUvRbHGnVlm2A
That is crazy. Any idea which tracks?

Mine is all sealed up and unusable as a fireplace, sadly, but it sure fits FRFRs and Fractal floor units nicely.

Here we go - first new rig since 2016 (centered around the never fail AX8) featuring the FM3 and FC6. The exceptional power of control and tone have me beyond gobsmacked now that everything is sorted and I've worked out the board layout and now gig tested it. I'll be doing some in-depth discussion of what I do with it but for now... here we go. I did the vinyl wrap... because it's cool. LED lights under the board shift between colors randomly. You can see this rig from space. I did a crappy but effective screen protector I cut from a cheap iPad protector I bought. This thing will be out there doing the work every week for me moving forward.

(LOL - excuse the dog hair and my ugly mug reflected on the screen. Both are unavoidable at my house!)

7elhzUG.jpg
Kewl!!
Pretty much what I am planning :)
What is the size of that board?

Here we go - first new rig since 2016 (centered around the never fail AX8) featuring the FM3 and FC6. The exceptional power of control and tone have me beyond gobsmacked now that everything is sorted and I've worked out the board layout and now gig tested it. I'll be doing some in-depth discussion of what I do with it but for now... here we go. I did the vinyl wrap... because it's cool. LED lights under the board shift between colors randomly. You can see this rig from space. I did a crappy but effective screen protector I cut from a cheap iPad protector I bought. This thing will be out there doing the work every week for me moving forward.

(LOL - excuse the dog hair and my ugly mug reflected on the screen. Both are unavoidable at my house!)

7elhzUG.jpg

Wow, looks great! Also been using AX8 since release and been on the waitlist since 23rd.

Questions on the mini expression pedals. Are they spring loaded (or available as such)? Been using a Mission spring loaded pedal with the Ax8. But a mini spring loaded pedal would help keep the board more compact.

Last edited:
Wow, looks great! Also been using AX8 since release and been on the waitlist since 23rd.

Questions on the mini expression pedals. Are they spring loaded (or available as such)? Been using a Mission spring loaded pedal with the Ax8. But a mini spring loaded pedal would help keep the board more compact.
Mine are not spring-loaded. I do not know if that option exists.

7elhzUG.jpg
Nice, Scott!

What are your impressions of the Talkbox Synth vs a traditional horn-and-hose?

Nice, Scott!

What are your impressions of the Talkbox Synth vs a traditional horn-and-hose?
I think it sounds as good or better. I know (I used to own and use a Rocktron Banshee) that the tube/hose.... was nasty and a hassle to keep clean.

The Talkbox from TC-Helicon also adds a killer built-in vocal processor when you are not using it as a talkbox and that includes pitch correction which - trust me - I need.

I think it sounds as good or better. I know (I used to own and use a Rocktron Banshee) that the tube/hose.... was nasty and a hassle to keep clean.

The Talkbox from TC-Helicon also adds a killer built-in vocal processor when you are not using it as a talkbox and that includes pitch correction which - trust me - I need.
Cool.

Ever used an old-fashioned amp-driven horn and hose? That’s my gold standard that I can you hope to meet or exceed. It looks like your Talkbox Synth uses your voice instead of using your mouth as a resonant cavity. If that can sound as good or better...

Cool.

Ever used an old-fashioned amp-driven horn and hose? That’s my gold standard that I can you hope to meet or exceed. It looks like your Talkbox Synth uses your voice instead of using your mouth as a resonant cavity. If that can sound as good or better...
It's pretty unique. You have to work with it to get the right distance from your vocal mic or you can overpower the entire vocal mix (which was fun to learn on the fly at the first gig out with it lol) but once you get it, it is so easy to work with. The synth engine doesn't use your voice for the notes, just the inflections. It's very cool. Software here won't let me link to Instragram but I have video.

It's pretty unique. You have to work with it to get the right distance from your vocal mic or you can overpower the entire vocal mix (which was fun to learn on the fly at the first gig out with it lol) but once you get it, it is so easy to work with. The synth engine doesn't use your voice for the notes, just the inflections. It's very cool. Software here won't let me link to Instragram but I have video.
Sounds like something that could maybe be ported to the Axe. That's like the one effect that we don't have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom