Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Here is my latest iteration. My friend built the board for me cause I suck. I’ll put a pic of my crappy board first, then with my setup on his board.

Attachments

• C3DF3ABA-C4BD-45A7-AE6C-12C921AF990E.jpeg
    C3DF3ABA-C4BD-45A7-AE6C-12C921AF990E.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 208
  • 2818C0BC-DC2E-46A1-A284-8DD5EAF39E62.jpeg
    2818C0BC-DC2E-46A1-A284-8DD5EAF39E62.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 238
  • 51DF4CC5-D595-4C91-BD41-B8BECDE21957.jpeg
    51DF4CC5-D595-4C91-BD41-B8BECDE21957.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 251
  • 112B3280-2113-4548-AE78-A9E42F1EFED6.jpeg
    112B3280-2113-4548-AE78-A9E42F1EFED6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 253
  • D7247CE6-1D23-4FAA-A330-34C70C962C67.jpeg
    D7247CE6-1D23-4FAA-A330-34C70C962C67.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 216
Board (DIY) updated today,

my goal was to keep it as small as possible.

The modified Dunlop mini is serving as a midi controller (2 Midi switches, the 2 on the black board at the right, for Preset + and Preset -), expression pedal via midi external 1, Midi In via original TRS, Midi OUT/THRU via original OUT TRS, and AUX is a TRS for the 2 external switches.
Midi brain is a Midi CPU I still had in stock, but could be done with an Arduino as Midi CPU is not available anymore.

The 4 switches on left on the board are standing switches with layout link, so when pressed the FM3 mini LCD change to the corresponding layout of the scenes, so I see where I am in.

M Vave has 4 switches with tap and hold functions, currently used for looper control, direct tap tempo and tuner access but can do anything else as desired (FM3 has midi learn, so no need to change CC number in the midi CPU).
M VAVE Is Battery powered and is also sending CC of my choice by bluetooth to Logic (start recording, play stop..)

I used the space in the dunlop to add a 12V to 9V converter so I power everything from the FAS link (up to 500mA)
The Dunlop has 12V plug In, and 9V out to power the SONY wireless.

Zenrigs for protection, and it has exactly the space for the M Vave (just attached with soft magnets, but few ones to keep it strongly sticked)
I can still operate the A-E Knobs on the FM3 if I need to.

More than I need but was fun project and love it.

View attachment 107847
do you program the M-Vave Controller via Midi Learn or with the Cubesuite App ?
With Midi Learn how can I program Scene Changes ?

NBD. My forey into an FM3 bass rig. Still VERY much a work in progress (i.e. my getting comfortable with). <-Topics perhaps for another thread.

I need to come with a way to better consolidate the POwer for the Line-6 Wireless and the FM3. Ideally, would like to have some sort of small power strip that I can fit in between the top/bottom rails in the back.
This looks perfect for me. Im curious if anyone has a similar Nux, but with a power supply or power strip?

do you program the M-Vave Controller via Midi Learn or with the Cubesuite App ?
With Midi Learn how can I program Scene Changes ?
I programmed in the CubeSuite the CC I wanted and then did midi learn in the FM3 (or you can put the CC manually)
For scene you need the CC value to be as per the manual page 117
Value 0 is scene 1
Value 1 is scene 2
Etc..

Attachments

• E72AD0E7-1957-4750-B8B3-24424A721E19.jpeg
    E72AD0E7-1957-4750-B8B3-24424A721E19.jpeg
    513.3 KB · Views: 31
I programmed in the CubeSuite the CC I wanted and then did midi learn in the FM3 (or you can put the CC manually)
For scene you need the CC value to be as per the manual page 117
Value 0 is scene 1
Value 1 is scene 2
Etc..
Yes, I know.
But if you have to set the first CC Value in Cubesuite then you can also set the second CC Value in Cubesuite.
You can't do that in total via midi learn.

thanxs

I run this pedalboard by itself (internal Amp/cab modeling) or with a set of Synergy SYN-2 preamps in a 4cm set up depending on the venue and situation.

Without the SYN-2 I have this configured and programed to run:
1) Output 1 (with amp and cab) direct to FOH and an IEM
2) Output 2 (with just amp modeling) to the power amp/speaker of either a Port City Pearl combo or Budda Twinmaster combo. I like a little stage volume but pretty much rely on the IEM. (I also hate not seeing a guitar amp on stage with a live rock band... all a part of the "show")

With the SYN-2 preamps, the FM3 is in a 4cm configuration with output 1 feeding back into the SYN-2 stereo and I use the main outs on the SYN-2 to go to the Pearl or Twinmaster (or both for a stereo sound) and the XLR out on the SYN-2 (cab sim) to FOH and my IEM.

The MC8 lets me easily create and arrange set lists as well as having direct access to the channels on the SYN-2. I leave the FM3 on Scene mode for easy access.... typically verse, chorus and solo scenes.

The Bloom is an always on pedal; I kick on the compressor sometimes on clean tones. The EQ gets kicked on when I'm playing through a dark guitar or I want to get a single coil sound from a humbucker. The Novadrive takes some of the strain off the FM3 CPU but I rarely use it as I've found good workarounds. I might replace the Novadrive with a Boss SY-200 to get some better Synth sounds from this rig.

Truly happy with this rig where I can just grab a guitar and this board and go direct and it sounds HUGE. I can use it with real tube amps. I can also add in my Syn-2 preamps and the easy access adjustments makes it a great live rig. Takes me about 15 minutes to set up and sound check.

Side note - the CME wireless Midi works flawlessly.

Attachments

• IMG_1555 copy.jpg
    IMG_1555 copy.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1556 copy.jpg
    IMG_1556 copy.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1557 copy.jpg
    IMG_1557 copy.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 170
Pedalboard du jour. I can't take myself seriously thinking this is the one.

Core tone is usually the Morning Glory, which pushes the yellow side of the KOT for Crunch. Solos kick in the red side of the KOT, delays, boosts, and all manner of goodness. All made possible by modding the KOT so each side can be accessed individually, a dpc.micro ,and a cheapie hotone midi controller.

If MIDI commands could be stand in switches...but I digress. IMG_7748.jpeg

E17A5650-4BE7-4DA4-98BB-313961949E4B.jpeg

A great team! Two midi cables. The Roland MC707 send a midi clock to the FM3. The FM3 send midi to the MC707 to play different patches thru the scene midi block. The MC707 currently goes into Input2 and then to Out1 with my wet guitar signal.

I will certainly second the wish for ”Utility/Send midi” in the footswitch software. A very cool addition (at least for me) Is to be able to send midi start stop continue (to the MC707).

Then its really one rig to rule them all!

Last edited:
Agreed.

View attachment 109928

This is my first post on this forum and this is my rig. I've only had the FM3 for a couple of months now. I came from the Helix world and was shocked how much better the Fractal stuff sounds. I'm running the FM3 in stereo into the 2x12 cabinet which is loaded with Celestion Greenback speakers.

I'm seriously considering doing something like this. How do you like it?

Also, which amp? PS700? Isn't that a little crazy with 25W speakers?

View attachment 109928

This is my first post on this forum and this is my rig. I've only had the FM3 for a couple of months now. I came from the Helix world and was shocked how much better the Fractal stuff sounds. I'm running the FM3 in stereo into the 2x12 cabinet which is loaded with Celestion Greenback speakers.
Nice. I have a similar rig, but used a Quilter Tone Block 202 in FRFR mode into a BlockDock 12HD cab. Sounds mahvelous.

Yeah, no kidding how much better it sounds, totally amazed me... :cool:

I used my OMG9 rig all the time... until my FM9T arrived, but I still have the FM3 to use as a backup, and also for very small stages with little floor space, or really, really dive-y places with drunken women spinning madly with drinks in their hand... :eek:

I'm seriously considering doing something like this. How do you like it?

Also, which amp? PS700? Isn't that a little crazy with 25W speakers?
I absolutely love it, it's the best sounding rig I've ever owned. If you prefer the sound of a real guitar speaker cab then I highly recommend a setup like this.

The amp is the Seymour Duncan Power Stage 700. And yes, maybe it's a little crazy running a high wattage amp with 25 watt speakers but I've tried so many other speakers with this setup and in the end the Greenbacks always sounded best to my ears. I can get the rig loud enough to play with a drummer and no problems so far. The headroom of the amp is really nice to have.

I have an inexpensive yet great 22Watt Class D amplifier from Reverb going into a 1X12 Avatar cabinet with a 16 Ohm Celestion Blue, and it really does sound lovely. Whenever I run stereo, that's one reliable, great sounding side.

I have an inexpensive yet great 22Watt Class D amplifier from Reverb going into a 1X12 Avatar cabinet with a 16 Ohm Celestion Blue, and it really does sound lovely. Whenever I run stereo, that's one reliable, great sounding side.
What amp? I think I've decided what amp I want if I do this. But, I'm still curious.

Cobblestone from Kartakou Amplification in Poland. Vasili is a super guy and I owe him a sound clip. They're super reasonable and it's actually 45Watts. Holds up to a loud drummer quite nicely and the speaker it's going into is rated at 15Watts. Oh yeah, it goes on my pedalboard just in case it's needed. Fantastic backup, if nothing else.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpeg
    IMG_0003.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0004.jpeg
    IMG_0004.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
Cobblestone from Kartakou Amplification in Poland. Vasili is a super guy and I owe him a sound clip. They're super reasonable and it's actually 45Watts. Holds up to a loud drummer quite nicely and the speaker it's going into is rated at 15Watts. Oh yeah, it goes on my pedalboard just in case it's needed. Fantastic backup, if nothing else.

That looks cool.

I'm leaning heavily toward the Auratone A2-30 because I want to use wet/dry (it's stereo), plus I generally trust Bettermaker to make good stuff. I also generally prefer power amps that don't have any controls on them...it's one more thing to track down if something gets bumped as opposed to just controlling everything from the Fractal. Plus, it's small and passively cooled. So, I should be able to attach it to the cab with pedalboard tape or something and then just treat it like a super-clean combo amp.

So, yeah....I think I've decided on all the pieces. Now it's just a question of whether or not I want to drop the ~$1100 on it.

Back
Top Bottom