Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Can I use my EV-2 both as an expression and volume pedal?
You can, but you probably won't like it. On the other hand, if you assign your expression pedal to a Volume block, it'll act like a volume pedal. ;)

I think I read before on this forum that I can power the FC6 with the FM3?
Yes. You can read that in the manual, too. :)

Redone my board.
  • Offloaded the expression pedal and modified a standard pedal chassis. This way, the upper switch is approximately 2 cm higher than the lower switch (mimics the upper row height on the AX8), solely used to activate the tuner and go to the preset layout.
  • XLR is used to get an easier connection to my IEM (not wireless), so I don’t have to bother that much with long cables.
  • Color coded pedal inputs, so there is no need to find out where to put the right cable.
Everything together fits nicely in a messenger bag for my bicycle.

0487A21D-51EF-44FE-B465-DF780C7659CC.jpegCF4E0FE7-9107-4E91-86B9-B8F01414A3FB.jpegA7C2D3BC-CD01-49C8-9C35-E6783ED71C80.jpeg

Redone my board. Offloaded the expression pedal and modified a standard pedal chassis. This way, the upper switch is approximately 2 cm higher than the lower switch, solely used to activate the tuner and go to the preset layout. XLR is used to get an easier connection to my IEM (not wireless), so I don’t have to bother that much with long cables. Color coded pedal inputs, so there is no need to find out where to put the right cable.
Everything together fits nicely in a messenger bag for my bicycle.View attachment 82322View attachment 82323View attachment 82324

Those rubber plugs .. where can i get them? :)

Redone my board.
  • Offloaded the expression pedal and modified a standard pedal chassis. This way, the upper switch is approximately 2 cm higher than the lower switch (mimics the upper row height on the AX8), solely used to activate the tuner and go to the preset layout.
  • XLR is used to get an easier connection to my IEM (not wireless), so I don’t have to bother that much with long cables.
  • Color coded pedal inputs, so there is no need to find out where to put the right cable.
Everything together fits nicely in a messenger bag for my bicycle.

View attachment 82322View attachment 82323View attachment 82324

I love DIY mods

Small update. Added a Drop pedaal.View attachment 82331

Very similar to my setup. I have the drop as well, but I have actually stopped using it and am using the FM3 pitch block instead and actually prefer the results.

I set the pitch block to virtual capo (obviously)
Detector source Input 1
Pitch Tracking Poly (I actually thought I had it set to mono but apparently not after double checking)
Tracking set to 3.
The latency just seems better then the drop when I have those settings.
I think if I were judging it on just tone alone I might give a nod to drop. The drop does an excellent job shifting the tone down. But the latency is just at that point that it effects the feel for me so at the moment the drop has started collecting dust.
Really hoping the FM3 gets the IIIs pitch block. I know it may be a bit of a resource hog, but it is the gold standard as far as I am concerned when it comes to pitch shifting.

Really? I'm 'feeling' it just the other way around. No latency (whatsoever) for the Drop, and some on the FM3. But hey: if it works for you: great! less pedals = better!

Here is my FM3 rig. I used a pedaltrain jr max flipped upside down. I removed the original rubber feet and filled the remaining holes with 3/16 rivets. I added new 1" rubber feet to the (new) bottom side and used blocks of MDF with velcro as inserts to make the level surface area. I'm really happy with how this turned out!
I've always loved this idea - I flipped my Pedaltrain board for my MFC as well - I like how the plugs are all protected from people that get too close to the stage....

Long time heavy-weight pedalboard guy here! My new setup (since december) - clean, small and simple.
EHX 720, SD Power Stage 170, EV1, FM3 (with CEBA case) and a custom build switcher (by the awesome dude of LOOPERWERK) to control both the EHX720 and FM3 (preset and view up/down) - everything packed on a Temple Audio 17 and into a Pelicase 1605 air (perfect fit!).
SquarePlugs, Mooer Mushroom topper, Rockboard MIDI Cable, angled USB cable and a few ports on the side :)

View attachment 81670

View attachment 81671

View attachment 81672

View attachment 81673

You deserve more props on this. Such a clean setup. You said the board is a Duo 17. Looks like a 24 though.

Really? I'm 'feeling' it just the other way around. No latency (whatsoever) for the Drop, and some on the FM3. But hey: if it works for you: great! less pedals = better!
You’re not the first person to say this which has me wondering if there is something up with the way I’m using the drop. I mean there isn’t much you can do to screw it up. I just plug my guitar into the drop then into FM3, Axe III, amp etc. there is not a lot of latency and it is definitely usable but it is perceivable. I need to find a reliable way to measure it so maybe I can compare results others are getting.

@sarge are you hearing string noise still? That drove me crazy untill I figured out that I was using such low output volume om my frfr (playing at home) that the processed sound was not completely "masking" the dry sound of the strings. Turned it up a notch and all was fine.

Very similar to my setup. I have the drop as well, but I have actually stopped using it and am using the FM3 pitch block instead and actually prefer the results.

I set the pitch block to virtual capo (obviously)
Detector source Input 1
Pitch Tracking Poly (I actually thought I had it set to mono but apparently not after double checking)
Tracking set to 3.
The latency just seems better then the drop when I have those settings.
I think if I were judging it on just tone alone I might give a nod to drop. The drop does an excellent job shifting the tone down. But the latency is just at that point that it effects the feel for me so at the moment the drop has started collecting dust.
Really hoping the FM3 gets the IIIs pitch block. I know it may be a bit of a resource hog, but it is the gold standard as far as I am concerned when it comes to pitch shifting.

Eager to check out these settings. Thanks! Have a Whammy DT and Ricochet to compare the FM3 to.

You’re not the first person to say this which has me wondering if there is something up with the way I’m using the drop. I mean there isn’t much you can do to screw it up. I just plug my guitar into the drop then into FM3, Axe III, amp etc. there is not a lot of latency and it is definitely usable but it is perceivable. I need to find a reliable way to measure it so maybe I can compare results others are getting.
Yeah, if the latency on the FM3 bugs me I’ll more than likely get a Drop. I used the Drop side of the Whammy DT and I could still sense the slightest of latency but while playing the song it didn’t bother me one bit. We shall see/hear on the FM3 lol

I went to the city, the big big city, to pick up some cables, specifically XLR cables. I got one for the FM3 FAS link to power up the FC6. Here is the status of my board after hooking up. Baby steps for me hahaha

Attachments

• DD1C4B63-BA58-4AA5-B2E7-F18722147755.jpeg
    DD1C4B63-BA58-4AA5-B2E7-F18722147755.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 113
While in Edmonton I also phoned/searched numerous hardware stores for M3.5 x 16mm bolts to secure the FM3 and FC6 to my Temple Audio board. None to be found. Where are you guys getting/ordering yours from?

Back
Top Bottom