Let's see those FM3 rigs!

One with FC6. So much easier and more flexible.
I’m actually leaning towards a setup without the FC6. You’re right that the FC6 setup is a little easier. It’s also a bit more elegant with the smooth integration and scribble strips. However I’d probably build either setup into a set-and-forget type layout so either should be equally easy to use after the initial build is done. We’ll see though!

Love this thread. I‘ve got an FM3, FC6 and EV2 incoming. The only pedal I‘m hanging onto, for now, is my mini Morley Bad Horsie wah. Lots of good ideas for boards on here.

I’ve gone back 15 pages or so and noticed a few boards had a Drop pedal. Questions I have is does the FM3 have a detune block where I can drop tune to Eb? If yes, how does it compare to the Drop? I had a Whammy DT and loved the Drop tune.

Thanks,
Jim

Interested also - saw this video and asked same question - no answer and haven't tried it myself yet - I do have a drop - need to find out for myself

Love this thread. I‘ve got an FM3, FC6 and EV2 incoming. The only pedal I‘m hanging onto, for now, is my mini Morley Bad Horsie wah. Lots of good ideas for boards on here.

I’ve gone back 15 pages or so and noticed a few boards had a Drop pedal. Questions I have is does the FM3 have a detune block where I can drop tune to Eb? If yes, how does it compare to the Drop? I had a Whammy DT and loved the Drop tune.

Thanks,
Jim
Virtual capo does that but the Drop is great.

Well this is getting a bit of topic but dont sell your drop pedal - a few presets I tried the virtual capo on - got warning not enough cpu power fwiw

Well this is getting a bit of topic but dont sell your drop pedal - a few presets I tried the virtual capo on - got warning not enough cpu power fwiw
I’m thinking maybe the Drop is worth it just to save on CPU power?? I‘ve got 2 songs that I need to drop to Eb. Both with just delay and a boost so I’m not sure if that would tax the FM3’s CPU?? I wouldn’t be using any amp models.

I’m thinking maybe the Drop is worth it just to save on CPU power?? I‘ve got 2 songs that I need to drop to Eb. Both with just delay and a boost so I’m not sure if that would tax the FM3’s CPU?? I wouldn’t be using any amp models.
If you're FM3 isn't constantly giving the "Warning" message for the CPU, which is 80% or more, you will be fine. As long as it's not showing that message, you can play it for long periods of time and not over heat.

That said, if you experience too much laggy with the virtual capo, truth the tracking knob down to zero.

So I’ve got a Temple Audio Duo 34 board coming along with an FM3, FC6 and EV2. The only other pedal on the board will my mini Bad Horsie. Could those of you that secured the FM3 and FC6 on Temple boards using screws, could you please reiterate the exact size and length of screws I’ll need to secure them.

Thanks in advance!

FM3 Rigs are now complete. Received my EV-2 today and after a bit of futzing with the FC-12 and the EV-2, everything is attached (via screws) and wired in.
These are 2 Temple Audio Duo 24 boards, and all connection (AC power, guitar input, amp output, USB and XLR to the FC-12) are on the right side of the FM3 board. XLR connection to the FC-12 is on the left side of the FC-12/EV-2 board. Splitting my time between the FM3 rig (running into a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 200 and Mesa Angled Recto 1 x 12 cab) and my new Suhr PT15. Glorious noises.

Attachments

• IMG_6906.JPG
    IMG_6906.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 167
Those who have mounted the FM3 on a pedaltrain metro, what carry case do you use, since the FM3 + Pedaltrain Metro are too high for the case that comes with the Pedaltrain

Those who have mounted the FM3 on a pedaltrain metro, what carry case do you use, since the FM3 + Pedaltrain Metro are too high for the case that comes with the Pedaltrain
If you want gigbags, check out Gator. They have a ton of different sizes and great cushioning. A tad bit pricey but they're high quality. Not sure what size PT Metro you have but do some measurements and you should find what you're looking for on Gator's website

Here is my FM3 rig. I used a pedaltrain jr max flipped upside down. I removed the original rubber feet and filled the remaining holes with 3/16 rivets. I added new 1" rubber feet to the (new) bottom side and used blocks of MDF with velcro as inserts to make the level surface area. I'm really happy with how this turned out!

Attachments

• IMG_8464.JPG
    IMG_8464.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_8468.JPG
    IMG_8468.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 225
  • IMG_8469.JPG
    IMG_8469.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_8471.JPG
    IMG_8471.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 186
  • IMG_8466.JPG
    IMG_8466.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_8467.JPG
    IMG_8467.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_8460.JPG
    IMG_8460.JPG
    496.5 KB · Views: 218
I saw one of the earlier posts with a Temple board and this is my attempt at it. I need a right angle TRS Y cable for the mission TT-2 dual switch, I ordered straight plugs. I have a Furman AC215 on the bottom. All industrial strength velcro, because I wasn't very sure how it would come together. The mounts are all ZenRigs, and they are worth a wait. Sukh was very helpful and even let me add to my order so I got everything I needed from him. I love my Fractal gear, this is awesome to use.

Attachments

• IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 122
I saw one of the earlier posts with a Temple board and this is my attempt at it. I need a right angle TRS Y cable for the mission TT-2 dual switch, I ordered straight plugs. I have a Furman AC215 on the bottom. All industrial strength velcro, because I wasn't very sure how it would come together. The mounts are all ZenRigs, and they are worth a wait. Sukh was very helpful and even let me add to my order so I got everything I needed from him. I love my Fractal gear, this is awesome to use.

Nice. I have a Temple board and some ZenRigs stuff on the way and have some....plans. 😈

Updated board
Fm3
Airstep
Ep booster (always on)
Freqout
Friedman be-od (not because it sounds better, it doesn’t sound better than the newly updated drives, because I like easy access to tweaking on the fly)
Morningstar ml 5 loop switcher controlled by midi from the fm3. (because I like to occasionally add analogue pedals into scenes/presets)
Works flawlessly.
Out of picture is spring loaded mission exp for wah and boss fv500 for volume.

Attachments

• 98724AD5-A8B8-41B2-8F65-E4267C268749.jpeg
    98724AD5-A8B8-41B2-8F65-E4267C268749.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 151
Updated board
Fm3
Airstep
Ep booster (always on)
Freqout
Friedman be-od (not because it sounds better, it doesn’t sound better than the newly updated drives, because I like easy access to tweaking on the fly)
Morningstar ml 5 loop switcher controlled by midi from the fm3. (because I like to occasionally add analogue pedals into scenes/presets)
Works flawlessly.
Out of picture is spring loaded mission exp for wah and boss fv500 for volume.
Nice. Can I ask what MIDI cable you are using for the airstep and possible link if you have. I can’t find a slim profile cable anywhere. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom