Let's see those FM3 rigs!

I have a July 1st Canada Day concert which I'm hoping to have my FM3 ready for its maiden voyage. The previous 3 July 1st gigs were with my AX8 and only fitting as I received my AX8 about 2 weeks prior to its launch.

Seeing that I am on the April 23rd wait list, I'm pretty sure it will in plenty of time....

Awesome to see the FM3 onstage and ready to go.
I had a Canada Day concert too. Of course, not happening with the current situation out there. My FM3 is arriving this week. Looking forward to gigging with it soon!

Temple Audio board came in for my FM3 and Line6 G50 wireless. Voodoo pedal power on the bottom of the board to power the FM3 and G50.

Using a NUX board for the FC-6 and Expression pedal.

I leave the FM3 on the backline and run my FC-6 or FC-12 board out front with me. Nice and clean. Just an xlr cable running across the stage.

Love the modular design of the FM3.
View attachment 67513View attachment 67514View attachment 67515View attachment 67516View attachment 67517

Tidy looking boards
Have you found the FM3 is enough for your Ozzy gigs?
Will you still use the III?

I got this IEC locking end on Amazon. They have straight, up/down, or left angle. I thought the cable was going to face down, but in the end its ok I guess. Would prefer a more flush profile but it was easy to make the cable (and have it secured safely and clamped in the housing) Once I get the DUO 24 board it may not look so awkward sticking out. Nice thing is I was able to just cut an existing IEC cable and easily fit it through the board without have to cut or shape the IEC end.
IMG_1346.jpeg

No, it doesn't block anything. If you're looking at the back of the FM3 it goes to the right. You can see it in this pic:

For the Ev-2 mounting, did you use the large plates and if so, 1 or 2? I just ordered an ev-2 and I need to get the board and plates. Thanks!

For the Ev-2 mounting, did you use the large plates and if so, 1 or 2? I just ordered an ev-2 and I need to get the board and plates. Thanks!
I actually zip tied everything, I'm not using any of their plates. I also stuck some neoprene tape to the side of the zip ties that contacts the pedals to both protect the pedal and prevent them from sliding around. It worked really well, you can pick the board up by the handle and hold it vertically and everything stays in place.

I actually zip tied everything, I'm not using any of their plates. I also stuck some neoprene tape to the side of the zip ties that contacts the pedals to both protect the pedal and prevent them from sliding around. It worked really well, you can pick the board up by the handle and hold it vertically and everything stays in place.
Ah ok, I missed the zip ties. Thanks!

Temple Audio board came in for my FM3 and Line6 G50 wireless. Voodoo pedal power on the bottom of the board to power the FM3 and G50.

I leave the FM3 on the backline and run my FC-6 or FC-12 board out front with me. Nice and clean. Just an xlr cable running across the stage.

View attachment 67513View attachment 67514View attachment 67515View attachment 67516View attachment 67517
Looks great! How did you attach the FM3 to the temple?

Looks great! How did you attach the FM3 to the temple?
I was going to attach it directly to the board with longer screws like I did with my FC-12 and Temple board but I wanted to be able to easily take the FM3 off to put on my desk or onto another board for different configurations so I used the 3M Dual Lock. Great stuff.

If you decide to go with screwing it to the board (I did) make sure that you keep the length at 16mm. Any longer will likely hit the board inside on the input jack side. Solid solution though and easy to remove if needed although the dual lock would be faster for sure.

Dude, you just convinced me to buy an FC-6 with my FM3 (hope to get my invite this week, was 4/23 on waitlist)! I wasn't planning to because it would have made my pedalboard even larger than my FC-12 with 3 Mission pedals and I'm just looking for a compact rehearsal/backup rig. I didn't even consider just MAKING THE FM3 THE BACKLINE! Have always loved the elegance of one cord going to pedalboard with other AXE-FX units! Simple idea and so obvious now in hindsight, but thanks!! FC-6 and 2 Mission pedals will do the trick for me!

IMG_2518.jpg

Just got mine and giving it a spin right now. Haven't hooked up the FC-6 pedal board yet, just using this thing standalone for now :)

As far as I can tell, there's no way to switch between sets of layouts in the FM3 itself, I'd have to use FM3 Edit to do it via a settings dump, correct? I will be using it both standalone like this but also with my pedalboard that has the FC-6 and a bunch of expression pedals, in which case I'd like to use the OMG-9 setup.

Back
Top Bottom