Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Finally got to assemble the board :)
I've been struggeling with the fuzzes of the FM3 for way too long time and I could just not get them to sound right. So eventually, I had to give in and get a few old pedals and a switcher/looper. Also, I swapped out two Dunlop mini expressionpedals for one larger one. The board is a T-Rex ToneTrunk 68 which is wider than my previous board so now I have all switches easily accessible in one row in front of me instead of two rows. That makes switching scenes easier.

I'm really satisfied and happy with the tones and functionality of this set up. And there is even still space for one more pedal in the upper right corner ;-)
20240618_155041.jpeg

This does everything. Board is a Rockboard Quad 4.2.

EV2 for volume, Ampero switch on the left is on the exp2 port, amp_level_and_save +2 and -2dB on the tap, tuner on hold 1 and view change on hold 2. Ampero midi is just switching scenes, although it does have some presets on bank 3. Freqout is because we're on in-ears. Sonicake volwah is plastic and I got it for a flygig, small and light. Actually doesn't sound half bad. I didn't think so but I like it also for doing swells. I got a Hotone Soul Press 2 on the way. The t.bone is a wireless receiver. thomann rebadged mipro. Mooer Puretone is mostly to tighten up bottom end and adapt to different guitars. I like it always on and tweak per guitar.

Underneath I have a self made power supply because the receiver needs 12V1A, a Yamaha MDBT-01 to connect to FracPad on the iPad (shoutout ALEX GRANVAUD!) and a midi merger for that and the Ampero Midi.

View attachment 139684
View attachment 139692
View attachment 139691
Fits perfectly into an Odyssey USA case that's like a Pelican but 1/3d the price. Probably not as strong, but hey, livin' on the edge. It's within weight req. so next time I'll fly this rig.
What Odyssey case is this?

Hi folks. Just finished up my pedalboard. Lot's of inspiration and information in this thread.

2 Hotone double switches mounted from underneath used as stand-in switches.

Midi Baby gives me a switch for tap tempo and tuner and also an input for an expression pedal through midi.

FasLink powers the Midi Baby and LED's through the Engl Portable Power Tap.

I use a tweaked version of @Patzag excellent FM3 Alone https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...w-to-use-the-3-switches-by-themselves.161070/

I'm also a big fan of @austinbuddy Live Gold https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-1000-livegold-tonepack-for-cygnus-x2.164305/

Everything works perfectly. Lots of options. Compact and powerful without being crowded and totally self contained. This is ideal for me.

I love my FM3. Such an inspiring and creative tool.

NDPQDRf.jpg
dnNr27u.jpg
VYopVEe.jpg
2Ci660k.jpg
bfh0wkk.jpg
zkjoQfP.jpg
qqtUYRa.jpg
8Je1qM3.jpg
I'm loving this setup. I have a Temple Duo 17 that I'm trying to set up. I'm going to use a Hotone double switch, as well as a Midi Baby 3. I may have to mount the switches under the board like you did. I was wondering if you could share the tweaked version of the FM3 Alone layout that you're using?

I'm loving this setup. I have a Temple Duo 17 that I'm trying to set up. I'm going to use a Hotone double switch, as well as a Midi Baby 3. I may have to mount the switches under the board like you did. I was wondering if you could share the tweaked version of the FM3 Alone layout that you're using?

Hi there. I love my little setup. It's perfect for me. I started off with FM3 Alone layout, which is great, and made a few tweaks here and there as I was going along. Off the top of my head I don't remember what I tweaked but it would be specific to me and my use case scenario. I can send the file to you when i get home from work.

Here is what the Hotone switches and Midi Baby do:

I use the 4 switches as stand-in switches. From left to right...

Switch 1 is tap to increment views and hold to decrement views.
Switch 2 is tap to show scenes and hold to show presets.
Switch 3 is tap to show effects and hold to show channels.
Switch 4 is tap to show control switches and hold to show looper.

Switch 5 is the Midi Baby. Tap tempo and hold for tuner

I really like this arrangement. Works great. For me. I don't gig anymore. If I was gigging with it, I might set it up differently. But for home use, creating, experimenting, recording, I like it. I pick a function with a switch... then I either select something on the FM3 or... page up or down with Switch 1 then select something on the FM3. It makes sense to me. I can get around on it pretty fast like this. Hope that makes sense.

Btw, I use this setup (Dunlop & Midi Baby) with NDSP plugins also. Midi Baby is set up for preset up down for the plugins.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom