Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Last night's gig. Using the DSL40CR as power amp/cab. The board is the OG FM3, a GM800 and a Luminite Graviton M1/F10W. Sounds fantastic.
View attachment 140548
very cool, do you use the IEC module with the temple board?

you can use an IEC Y cable then underneath the board to hook up pedal power supply and the FM3

just need to cut one side on the board holes to fit the IEC cable through easily

you can use an IEC Y cable then underneath the board to hook up pedal power supply and the FM3

just need to cut one side on the board holes to fit the IEC cable through easily
I run a cioks DC7 under the board. I haven't got around to modding the board itself to connect the IEC module to the FM3, yet. The front logo of the board can be taken off and I think I might use that, although it's not quite elegant.

I run a cioks DC7 under the board. I haven't got around to modding the board itself to connect the IEC module to the FM3, yet. The front logo of the board can be taken off and I think I might use that, although it's not quite elegant.
ah nice, i'm using a cioks SOL (only a few pedals on the board)

the Temple IEC module is pretty pricey to be honest, but was with the board when i got it used

i think that logo can be taken off as well, it was easiest for me in any case to cut one of the holes that's covered by the Temple/side handles, i think you can also shave down IEC connectors so they fit through one of the Temple holes, just makes it nice and easy with just one IEC needing to be connected

I have the Temple IEC module with my FM9 board.

I use it to send power to a Pedal Power 2 and then use the "courtesy" outlet on the PP2 to power the FM9.

Using a Y cable should also work fine...

Nice.. What flavor pedalboard is this?
It's the PedallTrain JR (Legacy Version with the two holes as opposed to rails on the newer ones).
This one measures 17"x12.5"x2.5". The new ones measure 18"x12.5"x3".
I had it laying around. My original intent was to mount it on a Novo 18 I had ordered.
However when mounted, it didn't fit in the case (too tall).
So I put everything on the PTJR, and it fits in the Novo 18 case perfectly. (It's the same case they send out with the new PTJR's as well).

I don't comprehend the question, but the Ernie Ball is a volume pedal with a screen to show volume level and tuning.
I meant by that, how is it recognized as an expression pedal because the 4 switches are connected to the externals?

I understood that it is powered by the faslink port, but how is it set up?

This is the latest version. I upgraded the Blackstar to another Voes and aside from the MX-5’s current attachment not being permanent (I need to find an inch’ish thick shim instead of whats under it and get rid of the zip-ties) it’s pretty much perfect!

It’s a 1sp rack shelf topped by an upside down 1sp rack shelf. The power supply and such are nestled in between. The first goal was for it to have no signal passing through it, just midi and power. The 2nd goal was that I could just as easily use it with any Fractal device and its rackmountability makes it perfect for the Axe FX 4 that doesn’t exist yet lol

IMG_0339.jpeg

If anyone considers going this route, and you should cause it’s freakin’ genius, stock up those thin TRS and right angled midi cables. With everything plugged in, it’s fits quite snug. Had I not had those cables, it wouldn’t have fit.

I finally wanted to get rid of any board and use the FM3 by itself 5and just add when I need my midi expression pedal as I use the 4 stand in switch).

I came with this solution. I designed the enclosure for what I called date FS Extender and printed it with a high quality material.
I did a left side and right side, but Finally kept only the left side.
It is screwed to the FM3 with original screws, it has a pot to change the light intensity of the switches LEDs and it is power dvia FAS Link (like th midi expression pedal when used).

The M-Vave is connected to my phone to start backing tracks with ST3 and ST3 is programed also to change prestes and scenes based on time stamp.
But I change a song on the FM3, it also change in ST3 as it is connected too via the WIDI JACK

So full duplex sync.

Quite happy with the setup and still very portable.

View attachment IMG_3108.JPG

Capture d’écran 2024-06-16 à 19.09.58.png

Attachments

• IMG_3110 2.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
  • Capture d’écran 2024-06-16 à 19.14.20.png
    Capture d’écran 2024-06-16 à 19.14.20.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
I finally wanted to get rid of any board and use the FM3 by itself 5and just add when I need my midi expression pedal as I use the 4 stand in switch).

I came with this solution. I designed the enclosure for what I called date FS Extender and printed it with a high quality material.
I did a left side and right side, but Finally kept only the left side.
It is screwed to the FM3 with original screws, it has a pot to change the light intensity of the switches LEDs and it is power dvia FAS Link (like th midi expression pedal when used).

The M-Vave is connected to my phone to start backing tracks with ST3 and ST3 is programed also to change prestes and scenes based on time stamp.
But I change a song on the FM3, it also change in ST3 as it is connected too via the WIDI JACK

So full duplex sync.

Quite happy with the setup and still very portable.

View attachment 141670

View attachment 141671
What is the 4 button footswitch on the right?

Back
Top Bottom