Let’s see your les pauls

I'm curious, anyone here have experience with the Les Paul Classic Lite? Thinner body, tummy contour, and weight relieved on top of it. ZZound exclusive.

View attachment 99157
If it's anything like my old The Paul II above, they're great, kind of PRS meets Gibson feeling IMO.

Mine is lightweight, has a 59 style neck, is very comfortable, and it sounds great.

Les Pauls (well, Single Cuts in general) are my absolute favorite type of guitar. Here’s an admittedly not so great picture of the ones I have.

One Les Paul Custom and one Les Paul Standard HP (with expected “quirks” of a Gibson from 2016, but I can’t bring myself to get rid of it)

This thread has me really wanting another one though. Even though I swore off Gibson/Epiphone, I gotta admit, they really have the aesthetic nailed, so I’ll probably end up caving and getting another one. First, I gotta try some more of the competition though, unless Gibson starts using stainless steel frets in the near future.
5241B6CC-AA8D-4032-86B6-979A0398C293.jpeg

This is currently (70%-ish) stripped of it's black paint, being made good for a refinish. I bought this LP back in the early 80's. It was my only guitar for a good while. I never owned a case for it back then, so I used to stick it in a black bin liner plastic bag when I ever took it out. It had a hard life!
I refinished the back of the guitar (mid 80's) as it seemed like a good idea, but now has caused issues with paint removal.
The top is just a plain one (pics to follow when I get a chance), so it's nothing fancy. I'm undecided as to what I'm doing for the refinish but it wont be gold. Maybe an unburst, in nitro. I'm subscribed to a fantastic guitar refinisher (Youtube, 8 bomb customs) who I'm sure will inspire and guide me to an interesting (for me) guitar refinishing project. The Seymour Duncan's will be replaced with 80's Tim Shaws with new CTS pots etc. The worn hardware will be re-used.P1010130.JPG

Attachments

• P1010131.JPG
    P1010131.JPG
    500.2 KB · Views: 13
Les Paul axcess in rust .. very lucky to live round the corner from the incredibly knowledgable and talented mr Andy Eagle so he swapped the crappy Floyd for a real one and put in a couple of throbaks .. oh and a wobble free term bar too a fantastic guitar all round now , love it
9C26D6DF-6358-4096-B1A6-366AF4198CF8.jpeg

Last edited:
And another fave , Terry Morgan Les Paul , quite a rare beast , original 1959 pafs and 59 bits and pieces , again had a visit to Mr Eagle to be all verified up etc
A very nice LP indeed

Attachments

• B8DEEC1D-4ED6-4873-AC4E-462AFB40E302.jpeg
    B8DEEC1D-4ED6-4873-AC4E-462AFB40E302.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 23
Les Paul axcess in rust .. very lucky to live round the corner from the incredibly knowledgable and talented mr Andy Eagle so he swapped the crappy Floyd for a real one and put in a couple of throbaks .. oh and a wobble free term bar too a fantastic guitar all round now , love it
View attachment 99949
It was a bit of a surprise that guitars of this caliber come with an OEM Korean Floyd .Great now though.

And another fave , Terry Morgan Les Paul , quite a rare beast , original 1959 pafs and 59 bits and pieces , again had a visit to Mr Eagle to be all verified up etc
A very nice LP indeed
Practically and in every way possible the same as an original.

Have you ever started a "guitar project" and then forgotten about it? I decided one day to "gold top" one of my LP's, and thought, lets age it. I'm
ashamed to admit that the heavy score lines were done with a scalpal. I hold my head in shame. The nitro aged quickly without any knifes or blades being involved. I may not be Mr Murphy, lol, but my refinish cost peanuts and was of course done by a monkey! The guitar was almost new when I attacked it. But in my defence it was tomato soup red and yellow. Horrible ( I do like some cherry sunburst guitars, but not this one).
I'll post more of this thing when I feel a bit braver.

P1010110.JPGP1010056.JPG

Attachments

• P1010060.JPG
    P1010060.JPG
    477.3 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010099.JPG
    P1010099.JPG
    522.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
View attachment 99949
I think that your guitar is beautiful. Can I ask though, you mentioned "Crappy Floyd" that was in? What was the crappy Floyd, I would have thought that Gibson would have fitted something of a good quality nature to the guitar when it was built?

Back
Top Bottom