Let’s see your les pauls

I'm curious, anyone here have experience with the Les Paul Classic Lite? Thinner body, tummy contour, and weight relieved on top of it. ZZound exclusive.

1648848650054.png

@randyvanmartini that R0 is a burst i could live with. Is the neck similar to the lp classic?
A funny thing happened with the neck on the R0……about a year after I got it back from Historic Makovers, I went to make a truss rod adjustment, and it wouldn’t turn! The nut just kept sinking deeper into the wood when trying to adjust it. Not sure what the actual problem was, but the bottom line was that neck needed replaced…….Kim L, the owner of HM was supercool to deal with about it. He had a neck there, that was from a 2007 R9 available, and they also happened to have an actual ’60 burst there that belonged to Joe Bonnamassa, they were doing some work on. Kim suggested that since they had to shave the R9 neck down anyway, would I like for them to make it the same shape and size as the neck on Joes real burst?!! I said hell yes! So, to answer your question……I‘m not sure about the classic, but it’s real similar to a certain ’60 burst!:)

Now that’s wild. Shaved down from a 59 answers the question (slimmer than Im into).
Yep, I'm pretty sure most if not all 59 Reissues have quite a bit bigger neck than a 60 Reissue.......at least that's how I remember it.

The R9 I tried last had a thinner neck than the R7 there or my R8. I guess sometimes they are hefty though?

Once the gibson demo shop opens back up to Canadians, I foresee a 68RI LPC.

The R9 I tried last had a thinner neck than the R7 there or my R8. I guess sometimes they are hefty though?

Once the gibson demo shop opens back up to Canadians, I foresee a 68RI LPC.
Yes, that's exactly right too, once you bring the 57's and 58's into the convo, they are bigger yet.
I had a 68RI LPC several years ago, and if I remember correctly, it had a big ol' baseball bat for a neck as well....you will love it.

Yes, that's exactly right too, once you bring the 57's and 58's into the convo, they are bigger yet.
I had a 68RI LPC several years ago, and if I remember correctly, it had a big ol' baseball bat for a neck as well....you will love it.
They list the neck size in the listings so im all set!

Edit: also I’d like a gloss finish/no aging so the 68 makes sense there too.

Very nice. I'm such a bookmatch snob though, I wish they could get them to blend more...
That will match perfectly if you view it head on it IS book matched, it can't not match. Thats just what happens when you see wood grain at angle.

Not pretty, rather beat up and mostly retired road warriors that include an early 69 converted with real 59 PAF's and Faber hardware...

...the 69, an early 2000's Vintage Mahogany currently with a neck P-Rail (now with a vintage 70's JB in the bridge), and a Chinese Clone with a P-Rail and Gibson bridge HB...

...a 2000's The Paul II with a later JB in the bridge...

...and a kit built LP Junior for slide...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom