Let’s see your les pauls

There are some stunning Les Paul's on this thread! I love them all.
I bought a double cut LP Junior last week but havent had a chance to take any photographs just yet. But I will.
I'm still busy (after what seems like years..) with the yellow LP (Studio that was a horrible sticky wine red) having just bought some grain filler for the rear so that I can finally do a full nitro refinish. I've also just totally stripped the black LP deluxe/standard back to bare wood for a full nitro refinish in something better than black (?)( deluxe truss rod cover full size pups). I've owned that guitar for more than 30 years, I think?
P3080047.JPG

Last edited:
I think the yellow needs to be toned down, so I'm going to flatten the nitro and spray a very light burst around the edges. I'll do this with a mix of blue and brown aniline dye which should create an aged green look to the top. No razors will be harmed in the ageing process when done. It will go into a big freezer. I'll get my coat... as it will be cold in there.P3090057.JPG

Well I went to try a '76 les paul custom all original less a sprague cap last night. Get a text from the seller today - he's keeping it.

Glad to have discovered the Gibson Garage demo store on Reverb - for $500 more than a 10yo CS I can get a demo model with warranty straight from the company...

I was having a bit of a smile to myself after looking at my post a couple up the page from this as I have what for me is a nice Les Paul story.
A little over 4 years ago I made a silly comment to my son in law. We were joking about something and I said, "If you provide us with a grand child I'll buy you a Les Paul". A short while later the news was announced that I had a grandson on the way! Thinking about my jokey comment off I went and bought him a Gibson. It's an anniversary model LP Studio with coil tap push pull knobs. Jude, my grandson is 4 years old next week. I'm hoping that one day he will pick up a guitar and be the next guitar hero. You never know!

jordonguitar2.jpg

I love (other peoples) Les Pauls and have owned 10~15 (can't quite remember). I often get one in to work on and a good Les Paul sounds fantastic so I buy one. Then I hardly ever play it because the ergonomics are terrible and it sits mostly unplayed until I sell it. Rinse and repeat.
I almost got another one after putting a set of Throwback 101s in a Murphy lab R9.
images.jpeg
This one. I don't have a better picture.

Upper fret access and balance when seated. In fact playing position when seated is as bad as it gets.
Interesting.

The upper fret access makes sense to me. The seated playing thing....I heard that for the first time after I bought my first Les Paul, and my response now is the same as it was then. "No one told me I couldn't do that, so I just did it." I still don't get what's uncomfortable about playing a LP seated.

Actually, the only thing I can think of that I hate seated is a Flying V. Different strokes, I guess.

Interesting.

The upper fret access makes sense to me. The seated playing thing....I heard that for the first time after I bought my first Les Paul, and my response now is the same as it was then. "No one told me I couldn't do that, so I just did it." I still don't get what's uncomfortable about playing a LP seated.

Actually, the only thing I can think of that I hate seated is a Flying V. Different strokes, I guess.
People get used to it and think it's fine but if you get a guitar that plays well with good ergonomics to compare in the seated position you will certainly know. It starts with which knee you put it on and the angle of the neck for good wrist position.

People get used to it and think it's fine but if you get a guitar that plays well with good ergonomics to compare in the seated position you will certainly know. It starts with which knee you put it on and the angle of the neck for good wrist position.
Right. I've got a 594 sitting next to it. The PRS is "better", but it's not night & day by any stretch of the imagination. Certainly not nearly the difference between a V and basically anything else.

Better on paper doesnt always translate, too. My PRS sits differently sitting, but I play it as well as I play my PRS. Standing; the singlecut body (pick a brand) sits at a better angle for me.

Signed,

On a les paul binge.

Back
Top Bottom