Kid@Drone - Sustained Drone Capture Preset plus live guitar layer

ahaaaa......
M@'s preset uses the new and very cool modifier curve shaping tools...

so you do need the latest / greatest f/w and Axe-Edit

here's my take on Matt's preset

a bit over-engineered...imo. if the synths were set to track="off" then they wouldn't need to be connected to anything in terms of input, you wouldn't need to have the "hold" on in the delay and you'd only need one volume block to control their level...

lovely lead sound though :)

btw - try it with the U87 on the cab...

here's another version based on clarky's preset. this time ext 5 switches the drone between Am and F. ext 1 controls guitar volume and ext 2 controls synth volume. just for the hell of it, so you can see how it's done, if you're interested.... it's a bit simpler in how it handles the drone element.... :)

Attachments

• AtmoSynth Sim.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 118
interesting... I'll take a look at that when I'm back in the studio...

the reason I didn't use track=off was to allow you to 'play' the drone..
so you'll note from one the the EXP1 modifier curves that the hold happens as soon as possible [close to toe down] and the solo guitar tone cuts in as late as is possible as the EXP moves to heel down to try to allow for clean transitions..

one of the things I discovered [by accident] is that you can get the drone to rhythmically 'pump' by playing a short note and then using the EXP to hold it..

then you fire up the shifter with EXS2 and spend the next 4 hours impersonating 70's Vangelis.. lol..

here's another version based on clarky's preset. this time ext 5 switches the drone between Am and F. ext 1 controls guitar volume and ext 2 controls synth volume. just for the hell of it, so you can see how it's done, if you're interested.... it's a bit simpler in how it handles the drone element.... :)
Love it ! Here's my tweaked version of the preset in action :

Atmosynth preset impros | Facebook

If you load this preset it may not work correctly anymore with current firmware (drone note will fade out).

Probably caused by wrong X/Y states.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom