Just pre-ordered my AxeFx-II, in the USA!!! Yesssssssssssssssssss :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Liam's Axe II crew and some of the photos he posted I don't think tone merchants statement is correct... a crew just for Axe II production and they've been working on it at least a month we know of. definatley seems that there will be more than 150 units at launch.
The shortage is not the parts that come from the Liam's bunch. Unfortunately Cliff needs all the parts before he can ship a unit.

Tone Merchants is important to the Axe2 sales. They will have Mark Day working on site demoing the Axe2 for people as well as making videos for the internet. You know this will greatly increase the Axe2 gas and bring many more customers in.
So Tone Merchants are just doing their job to hype the Axe2. It's a win win for Cliff and the distributors. And limited supplies just keeps the excitement going and keeps the prices solid ( including Ultra/Standard resales). Winning!!

It does seem wrong that the fractal site says Southern California sales only, yet they are touting presales and junk. Just seems like a very sketchy situation to me. I want my money to go directly to Cliff and Fractal. If that means it takes me longer to get one, then so be it. I mean they (tone merchants) have changed their story 3 times in the last day or 2. Maybe they should have just sat on theory info until it was accurate.

It does seem wrong that the fractal site says Southern California sales only, yet they are touting presales and junk. Just seems like a very sketchy situation to me. I want my money to go directly to Cliff and Fractal. If that means it takes me longer to get one, then so be it. I mean they (tone merchants) have changed their story 3 times in the last day or 2. Maybe they should have just sat on theory info until it was accurate.

Me too! I could have made the down payment before they sold out but I would rather do business with Fractal directly :)

The ironic part is, for an L.A. native like me, who is only 20 min. from the new TM shop,
if I buy from them I pay an extra $200 in LA County Sales Tax. If I buy from Cliff in Jersey,
no sales tax.

Who knows if Tone Merchants is a win for FAS or just a contractual obligation? FAS hasn't needed to work at bringing in more customers in the recent past (not to mention the bubble of publicity surrounding the announcement), so it's not obvious that that would be the motivation. Finally, I don't have any confidence in the first place that TM knows the true status of production, and the public comments from there seem self-serving and therefore somewhat suspect for that reason. I suppose the presale was to bring in some cash, and I hope they are able to deliver what they have promised.

We can hope the chassis supplier is able to make up for some of the lost time, but starting out behind the curve it won't be surprising if it takes some time to fill the initial demand. I'm hoping to snag one right away, but I figure three months is not unlikely and even six months is possible out here in three-hours-behind-FAS-land.

Note to those whining because you sold your Ultras early and now have nothing to play with: I understand there are a lot of those available and at a pretty good price. Go buy one and the time will pass much more quickly. When you eventually sell again, you won't stand to lose that much anyway, and you'll get the credit card bill for the Axe II paid off before you know it. ;)

I think the Tone merchants guys numbers are valid. Judging by Liam's pics and info I would estimate they can only turn about 10-20 cards a day. They might have started a couple weeks before the countdown and probably finished with the first order last week after ironing out production flow, and the current delays are the chassis vendor as stated. It always makes sense to do a small initial run just to verify your production process before you commit a bunch of expensive components. Once they get things running they'll probably try to get in a ~300-500 units a month kind of volume until sales slow as demand is met.

I will wait and buy direct from Fractal even if Tone Merchants claim they had one in stock since I think they should not have made any comments. Yes i work off of pride and integrity and for some reason to me what they did has a little odor to it. Who knows, maybe they did need a quick $25,000.00 ( one half payment) in the bank and saw a option to make it or I am really probably way off base and they are a great company, i just don't know but choose to deal direct with the manufacture in this case.

For what it's worth: I went to Tone Merchants today - the new place is fantastic. Got to play the Axe II and chat a bit with Mark Day (really cool guy). They also have beautiful guitars on the wall (they let me play anything I wanted). These are great guys running a top shelf boutique shop and I am happy to support their efforts with my $$. There's nothing fishy going on there at all.

I understand if you want to purchase direct, but with TM you can call with any questions regarding your order and get someone on the phone. I like that.

I will wait and buy direct from Fractal even if Tone Merchants claim they had one in stock since I think they should not have made any comments. Yes i work off of pride and integrity and for some reason to me what they did has a little odor to it. Who knows, maybe they did need a quick $25,000.00 ( one half payment) in the bank and saw a option to make it or I am really probably way off base and they are a great company, i just don't know but choose to deal direct with the manufacture in this case.

I plan to buy direct from Fractal myself, but have bought a few amps etc from Tone Merchants in the past, and they're a great store to buy from, I think Fractal chose the right people to work with in California, now if Fractal would find a store like that in Canada to sell to those guys up North, them Canadians wouldn't be bothering me to sell them my Axe at the end of every gig I do up there.. :)

I know Tone Merchants accepts paypal and the fractal yahoo store doesn't, anyone know if Tone Merchants charges a fee to send them dough via paypal (assuming the dough is already in your paypal account that is).

-Eric

For what it's worth: I went to Tone Merchants today - the new place is fantastic. Got to play the Axe II and chat a bit with Mark Day (really cool guy). They also have beautiful guitars on the wall (they let me play anything I wanted). These are great guys running a top shelf boutique shop and I am happy to support their efforts with my $$. There's nothing fishy going on there at all.

I understand if you want to purchase direct, but with TM you can call with any questions regarding your order and get someone on the phone. I like that.

Visited them today as well. Chatted with Mark, Rob, and Brad for a while. All very cool guys, very hospitable, and very cool shop. I agree...nothing fishy going on. I bought my Ultra from them last year and bought my MFC direct. I could go either way on the II. Haven't quite decided on whether I want to try to get in on the June 6 rush or not, among other things. Anyway...all this suspicion really does no one any good.

Played the II for about an hour through my FRFR solution. It's better, I like it, and I want one. I agree with most of the positive comments from the beta testers on these threads. My experience was similar. I'll leave it at that and encourage everyone to hold off on their comments until they've played through one. You really just have to play it. If you like it, cool. If you don't, cool.

I know Tone Merchants accepts paypal and the fractal yahoo store doesn't, anyone know if Tone Merchants charges a fee to send them dough via paypal (assuming the dough is already in your paypal account that is).

-Eric
No, they didn't. The fee a business gets charged through paypal is roughly the same as a credit card fee from the bank so no reputable dealer would ever charge you extra for paypal vs a CC.

Visited them today as well. Chatted with Mark, Rob, and Brad for a while. All very cool guys, very hospitable, and very cool shop. I agree...nothing fishy going on. I bought my Ultra from them last year and bought my MFC direct. I could go either way on the II. Haven't quite decided on whether I want to try to get in on the June 6 rush or not, among other things. Anyway...all this suspicion really does no one any good.

Played the II for about an hour through my FRFR solution. It's better, I like it, and I want one. I agree with most of the positive comments from the beta testers on these threads. My experience was similar. I'll leave it at that and encourage everyone to hold off on their comments until they've played through one. You really just have to play it. If you like it, cool. If you don't, cool.

Did they video you when you where there? They were all talking about this great player that had been there earlier and they had to record him. They also dug your FRFR, what do you use?

Did they video you when you where there? They were all talking about this great player that had been there earlier and they had to record him. They also dug your FRFR, what do you use?

;) Yeah, that was me. I use an EAW NT59. "Great" is an overstatement, but I appreciate the thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom