Just pre-ordered my AxeFx-II, in the USA!!! Yesssssssssssssssssss :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ridiculous because this doesn't happen in the music gear industry, with anyone. I can't think of a single company doing this in music gear.

Maybe because most companies don't do direct sales...?

When I bought my IPhone last year apple had them cause they sell direct, buy so did the dealers, they all had them on release day. I know fractal isn't apple, but it didn't seem unreasonable at all. Anyway, Cliff said units are on their way...I'm happy with that!

Honestly, Brad's claims on rig talk about availability "as soon as fractal corporate" didn't pass the sniff test. Can't see how it's fractal's responsibility to monitor every Internet forum and correct any possible exaggeration or misstatement. Besides, it's not anyone's place to tell someone else how to run their business. (ahem) how would getting into a public squabble with TM be of any benefit to Fractal??

The simple gist of it is this:

1) Brad posted the Fractal Audio Axe Fx II Pre Order List thread on Rig-Talk, stating that they will have them available as soon as Fractal Corporate does. Brad states he expects them from Fractal in 60 days. All in this thread: Rig-Talk • View topic - Fractal Audio Axe Fx II Pre Order List - IN HERE

2) Cliff states "Units are expected to start shipping the week of June 6th" in this thread: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/36929-may-have-wait-just-bit-longer-post503665.html#post503665

3) Many units are sold through the Fractal store without Tone Merchants even taking stock of their allotted units.

4) Cliff states that the first batch was shipped today, and that this batch is AHEAD of schedule.

Can you see where I am going with this? Tone Merchants said one thing that was clearly readable in one post, without having to scroll through many forums and/or posts.

When I bought my IPhone last year apple had them cause they sell direct, buy so did the dealers, they all had them on release day. I know fractal isn't apple, but it didn't seem unreasonable at all. Anyway, Cliff said units are on their way...I'm happy with that!

+1 :D

Cliff did correct two earlier statements TM had made. One was regarding when it would be available, Tone Merchant's had said it would be 30-60 days before it would be released by Fractal after Cliff had stated around June 6th. Cliff reiterated that it would be June 6 (though in fairness he did not say that TM would have it then, TM made that claim) in response to someone asking for clarification.

The other was when TM said it would definitely ship with the Cameron model. Cliff said that it was going to be modeled, but there was no guarantee it would be ready by release and may be part of a firmware update. So it's not as if there is no precedent for Cliff correcting TM's mistakes.
Good point. Plus I could have worded that better to indicate that I wouldn't expect FAS to correct statements TM makes about TM's business.

Biggness, Tone Merchants, technically, is only supposed to be taking orders in California only. I see you're in Louisiana right? Well, technically, they could reject your order based on your location. So if I was you I'd stop the bragging and complaining. Just an opinion.

Direct sales seems less likely to have secondary distributors with stock the same day as the direct seller. Either way, I'm happy for you guys that your units are headed to TM, hope for a speedy delivery for you guys

Biggness, Tone Merchants, technically, is only supposed to be taking orders in California only. I see you're in Louisiana right? Well, technically, they could reject your order based on your location. So if I was you I'd stop the bragging and complaining. Just an opinion.

The Tone Merchant's California restriction does not apply to the Axe II, which is why they are able to sell it and advertise that they will ship out of CA. From Brad King,
We are allotted so many Fractal Axe Fx 2's every month to sell in the USA.

His original post was not bragging, but simply letting others know that there was a waiting list and that they could get on it. The title of his thread was supposed to be funny, if he was bragging he wouldn't have then told everyone else where to get on the list.

Last edited:
The Tone Merchant's California restriction does not apply to the Axe II, which is why they are able to sell it and advertise that they will ship out of CA. From Brad King,

His original post was not bragging, but simply letting others know that there was a waiting list and that they could get on it. The title of his thread was supposed to be funny, if he was bragging he wouldn't have then told everyone else where to get on the list.

Do the words -"I suppose I can share with you since I have already covered my needs. lol" mean anything to you? If that doesn't, does (retroactive). Things can change snoggins don't be another one with his weenie in his zipper-an example of a figure of speech. In other words-calm down tiger. Or should I say detective. You and your other detectives are spoiling this great forum with all your picking apart of Cliff's words. Let the dude focus on the next product you'll beat him up about.

Do the words -"I suppose I can share with you since I have already covered my needs. lol" mean anything to you?

No, they don't. I wasn't bothered by his comment in the slightest, and from the tone and humor of his previous posts I found nothing bothersome about that line.

If that doesn't, does (retroactive). Things can change snoggins don't be another one with his weenie in his zipper-an example of a figure of speech. In other words-calm down tiger. Or should I say detective. You and your other detectives are spoiling this great forum with all your picking apart of Cliff's words. Let the dude focus on the next product you'll beat him up about.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you appreciate my work. Also, if you read my posts they have been in defense of Cliff, saying that the issue appears to be with TM. Nothing in the post that you quoted would indicate otherwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom