Joe Satriani - Private Guitar Lesson Video

That's really cool. Joe's a stellar teacher and finds a great way to spend an hour with someone he's never met before. Thanks for sharing.

I got half way through it and stopped. it was very entertaining I got to the point where joe was playing on G while the guy was riffing. I got inspired so I got a Swart preset with the looper playing the G chord and riffed for twenty minutes. I guess I'll have to watch the rest laster...

Dang, the swart sounds great.

If instead of wishing for more amps and learn to get the most out of what we already have we would get a lot farther musically.

Thanks for the video, I love being inspired with grown men talking about music like sport fanatics talking about sports. I never get tired of it.

That was great, thank you!

Here's a cool video lesson featuring Joe Satriani.
Even if you're not a fan of his music, there is a lot of good information here that can be applied to all genres of guitar playing.

Enjoy!

Dave Z

Thank you

Joe has inspired so many to follow music to riches, it's really his calling.

I saw Joe in Spokane, WA on Monday nite. I spent the extra money for a meet and greet. This is the 3rd time I've done the meet and greet with him. The first time he convened all of the participants into the theater and spend more than 30 minutes answering questions from the participants--then everyone got to get their pic taken and autographs. He was gracious, humble, incredibly intelligent, humorous, and entertaining. We actually won the "CONTEST" to go and watch his encore from side-stage; Joe gave us a nod and smiled when saw us. Front row center seats. The second time was with Chickenfoot; we were right in front of Sammy and he was great to watch (Joe was far stage left and had already gotten a taste); and then Monday nite. This time the meet and greet was come in, shake hands, sign whatever, and take a picture. No complaints as I again had the chance to see him front row center. From my perspective, his talents are beyond description--I know this is a matter of taste. After watching his lesson video, hearing him talk about his approach to music, and watching him play right in front of me (causing my jaw to drop repeatedly), I can tell you he is a true virtuoso and a genius. Not to mention an incredibly driven hard worker. The lesson video communicates all of what I've said.

At the end of the day, tone is secondary to being a good musician.

I encourage all to watch the video. Considerate a free $500 lesson.

Oh, and with the current business model being practiced by the music industry, the only way to get prime seats is to buy some sort of "package" (meet and greet, or other "platinum" packages that don't really give you access to the artist). Do it for the artists you love (if you can afford it).

Nick

Last edited:
I would be sooooooooooooooooooooooo scared, then critiqued, omg; Im about ten min. through but Joes a bit tough on the guy for doing pretty awesome.

Thanks my GC (not Guitar Center ;) )friend :) I was a big Satch fan at some time and I still do like hearing him from time to time.

That would be a dream lesson for sure..... Love how he explains theory. He is the most humble person as well...truly a great inspiration ;)

this is a lesson for every guitarist! :) no matter of style or knowledge - this is all about about attitude! :ugeek:encouragement:

Thanks for sharing!!

The albums he has put out the last years do not interest me, but he's such a kind person, and his educational skills are superb, out of this world.

Back
Top Bottom