Jeff Beck Passed...

I really wish I'd made the effort to see him on that tour.

Guitar Shop was my first real introduction to Jeff aside from People Get Ready on MTV, which still gets me in the feels every time.
I’m actually feeling very ashamed and distraught that I never saw him live. At 57 I have no reason why. The thing that sucks is he played my hometown in an intimate theater about 2 years ago during the middle of the lock down and was going to get seats, but the crazy venue guidelines about who would be excepted and who wouldn’t were so arbitrary and clueless that I decided it was too much BS and didn’t get tickets. Big mistake.

I do have most of his albums and live DVD’s, etc.. They will have to console me. I’m still a bit shocked. I was just taking with an older friend who shared the same reverence and we managed to make ourselves bummed all over again.

"Jeff Beck’s light and power were so strong I was convinced we’d be goofing around and making music until the day I leave this planet.
He was forever youthful, fueled so deeply by the muse that basic necessities were last on his list. “Are you hungry, Jeff?” “Oh no, I had a huge muffin yesterday!”
We lost our favorite guitarist, and we also lost one of the most intelligent, intuitive, hilarious people I’ve ever met.
Jeff, thank you for believing in me before anyone else did. You stood behind me and told everyone to take me seriously. You treated me like a daughter to the point where Wikipedia actually thought that was true.
Actually, I did too."
-Tal Wilkenfeld

"Jeff Beck’s light and power were so strong I was convinced we’d be goofing around and making music until the day I leave this planet.
He was forever youthful, fueled so deeply by the muse that basic necessities were last on his list. “Are you hungry, Jeff?” “Oh no, I had a huge muffin yesterday!”
We lost our favorite guitarist, and we also lost one of the most intelligent, intuitive, hilarious people I’ve ever met.
Jeff, thank you for believing in me before anyone else did. You stood behind me and told everyone to take me seriously. You treated me like a daughter to the point where Wikipedia actually thought that was true.
Actually, I did too."
-Tal Wilkenfeld
When I first watched the Ronnie Scott DVD, I distinctly remember thinking that Jeff was acting like a proud dad towards her.

"This is tragic news..
Hard to take in..
Jeff always appeared timeless, ever evolving ..
He embraced project after project with limitless energy and enthusiasm..
He surfaced in an extraordinary time..he took his place side by side with the virtuosos of the period .. his mates ..
The scene was on fire, he introduced a cool template moving from Yardbird to Bolero to Truth, Beck Ola with Rod the perfect foil…the singer and guitarist syndrome..plenty of sparks…great results...
He cooked up magic through all the passing eras, always up for the next, unknown, unlikely collision, back in time to homage Cliff Gallup, forward to Johnny Depp.
His gift was enormous. He was funny, challenging and eager
My feelings are with Sandra today.."
RP(Robert Plant)

"In the pantheons of guitar players, Jeff Beck was the chosen one. He left us with so much beauty and light in our music world. I can’t imagine the landscape of contemporary guitar playing if he had never been here, but as everything comes and goes in this world, his contribution reshaped our imagination of what the guitar can do forever.
Thank you master. You really did it and we so much appreciate you."
-Steve Vai

"Jeff Beck Rules Forever
🖤

Jeff will be in my heart
for the rest of my life
I loved him dearly. He was family.
He changed my life all those years ago when we first met and he showed me the world, his magical world.
I found in him a kindred spirit,
someone I felt at ease and totally myself with but also someone I looked up to and was thrilled to impress.
He inspired, supported, and encouraged me with every whoop, cheer, gasp and tear when I sang with him whether on stage, studio or sitting in his kitchen or mine.
He was the genius in the room
yet he made everyone else
around him feel special.
We talked for hours and celebrated often
I ran to him and Sandra each time I needed saving. And how they saved me.
His enthusiasm for life was immense.
He was full of fun, excitement, wit, plans, laughter, brilliance, creativity, love, heart!
This world class coolest motherfucker somehow kept the boy in him alive,
the obsessed boy in the bedroom that couldn’t leave a guitar out of his hands
was always there.
He was dedicated to making pure art.
He was responsible for many bands, collaborations and influenced so many
by creating his own sound
that will outlive us all
but he was still creating, still challenging himself, always innovative and pushing boundaries with every album he made.
Each solo he played could perfectly swing from classical to rock, jazz to Middle Eastern, badass to tender.
He was one of a kind
that was and never will be again.
Every single note he played
could kill me with its beauty.
His light was so blindingly bright
it already feels so dark without him.
The greatest guitarist that ever lived.
The finest friend you could wish for.
Thank you Jeff Beck.
🦅

All my love is with the love of his life Sandra
and all those of us who miss him dearly
💔

Imelda May

"Jeff Beck Rules Forever
🖤

Jeff will be in my heart
for the rest of my life
I loved him dearly. He was family.
He changed my life all those years ago when we first met and he showed me the world, his magical world.
I found in him a kindred spirit,
someone I felt at ease and totally myself with but also someone I looked up to and was thrilled to impress.
He inspired, supported, and encouraged me with every whoop, cheer, gasp and tear when I sang with him whether on stage, studio or sitting in his kitchen or mine.
He was the genius in the room
yet he made everyone else
around him feel special.
We talked for hours and celebrated often
I ran to him and Sandra each time I needed saving. And how they saved me.
His enthusiasm for life was immense.
He was full of fun, excitement, wit, plans, laughter, brilliance, creativity, love, heart!
This world class coolest motherfucker somehow kept the boy in him alive,
the obsessed boy in the bedroom that couldn’t leave a guitar out of his hands
was always there.
He was dedicated to making pure art.
He was responsible for many bands, collaborations and influenced so many
by creating his own sound
that will outlive us all
but he was still creating, still challenging himself, always innovative and pushing boundaries with every album he made.
Each solo he played could perfectly swing from classical to rock, jazz to Middle Eastern, badass to tender.
He was one of a kind
that was and never will be again.
Every single note he played
could kill me with its beauty.
His light was so blindingly bright
it already feels so dark without him.
The greatest guitarist that ever lived.
The finest friend you could wish for.
Thank you Jeff Beck.
🦅

All my love is with the love of his life Sandra
and all those of us who miss him dearly
💔

Imelda May
Who else owns a copy of Jeff's and Imelda's Rock and Roll Party tribute to Les Paul and Mary Ford?

I read the thread title originally as Jeff Beck Pissed...
Umm yeah, I would be too about dying! OR, maybe relieved.. depends on the day!

Both NFL Playoff games featured snippets of JB songs going into commercial; "Live in the Dark" from Loud Hailer in the 9ers game, and "You Know What I Mean" from Blow By Blow in the Chargers game. Classy move, NFL, kudos...

"Still reeling over his sudden departure. I loved him since I was 14. Sadly, he couldn’t influence my primitive skills on guitar - but my hair style was all his. I fucking loved him!!!! JEFF!!!"
-Chryissie Hynde

Back
Top Bottom