Issue when using Axe-Edit III at same time as Logic

Hi All
Have had my 3 for 1 day. Coming from an Eleven Rack there is a massive difference which is just voon day var (wonderful). Im on an imac late 2013 running Sierra and Im having this issue connecting Axe Edit. I've tried the workarounds with Logic but I just cant get it to work.

Is this problem still an issue with folks? I see this thread stopped in May so I thought there might be a resolution? Maybe not though.

I think my cable is good cause I was able to update the firmware with Fractal-Bot.

I can see where this piece of software would be critically important in setting up the unit. thanks for any feedback

Cheers

Mike

Still trying to get Axe Edit to work. The back is sore from bending over. My wife says I have plumbers crack. I think she still loves me.

I believe I had Axe Edit working before I updated to 1.10. Is there a way to go back down to 1.08?

Cheers

I just tested using Axe-Edit III 0.6.23 and AxeFXII firmware 1.10, a Mac Pro 2013 with MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5 and Logic Pro X 10.4.1. I have a Presonus RM32ai mixer and set that as the audio source in Logic Pro X, I also changed the source to the AxeFXIII. Everything appears to work, I created a test preset, saved it and recalled it, edited it, saved it. Quit AxeEdit III, restarted it, opened the preset. It was a quick test but no connection issues here.
Not sure this makes a difference:
1) turned on AxeFXIII
2) turned on my Presonus Mixer
3) booted my computer
4) launched AxeEdit III
5) launched Logic
6) created a new song in logic
7) Tested Axe Edit III
Could it be software versions? What version of Logic Pro X are you working with? Have you considered updating your Mac to High Sierra? (no problems at all here). Have you loaded AxeEdit III 0.6.23? Post any questions you have.

Big thanks for your config and findings. Yes I have AE 6.23. Im running the Axe FX into a Digi 003 rack using SPDIF.I cant even open AE when Logics not running so maybe its a system thing? I'll try going to High Sierra. Maybe that will flush out the Bogyman.

Thanks JL

Has this been resolved or still need to experiment with specific launch orders?

Finally managed to get my first AXE-FX powered up last night, I didn't make it past the presets jamming but did notice Axe Edit III would not communicate but appeared to do so when I quit Logic

I have not resolved this yet. It connects cause it shows up as additional outputs in Logic and when I unplug it they disappear so the puter sees it but Axe Edit wont fully connect.

I've tried every combo startup config I know. I've tried different USB hubs, 3 cables one which is new. Just doesnt make sense. I'm hoping the next upgrade does something. Was the Apple issue resolved? Maybe its that still?

HELP I NEED SOMEBODY HELP. . . . .

Well it shows up in my audio devices dialog box. I didnt create it. It loaded itself. Now I admit the Aggregate stuff confuses me.

I have not resolved this yet. It connects cause it shows up as additional outputs in Logic and when I unplug it they disappear so the puter sees it but Axe Edit wont fully connect.

I've tried every combo startup config I know. I've tried different USB hubs, 3 cables one which is new. Just doesnt make sense. I'm hoping the next upgrade does something. Was the Apple issue resolved? Maybe its that still?

HELP I NEED SOMEBODY HELP. . . . .

See This post and make sure you do what it says:

This is great news. I recently posted a thread about USB bandwidth using AE3 and ProTools, experiencing time-outs and losses of communication.

Looking forward to any development!

Im off to read. Thanks for the help. I usually just plug this stuff in on my Mac and bingo. But Avid and Protools aare on my puter so theres some evil that I bet is the issue.

Cheers

Mike

This is still driving me nuts. Tried all the suggestions except upgrade to High Sierra which I will do tonight.

Hope Apple update Logic soon with a fix!

I've been messing with this a bit more and got the workaround to function.
In Logic - go to the Main menu, Control Surface Setup and UNCHECK New - Automatic Installation
I believe this polls USB devices continuously to locate external controllers and control surface. Once disabled, Axe Edit worked well. On re-enabling, AE again stops working.
If someone could corroborate this it would be very helpful.
Thanks
This worked for me Thank You !!!
2011 MacBook Pro High Sierra
Logic X
Axe FX III

This is still driving me nuts. Tried all the suggestions except upgrade to High Sierra which I will do tonight.

Hope Apple update Logic soon with a fix!

Have you disabled the Automatic Control Surface Installation in Control. Surface Setup as per the post above?

Have you disabled the Automatic Control Surface Installation in Control. Surface Setup as per the post above?

I sure did. Also tried Aggregate interface and opening in the orders suggested.

Im on Sierra (not High Sierra) and not updated Logic X for a year so I will update them both and hopefully that sorts it

I tend to run Spotify, Capo, and iTunes when running Axe Edit III. I have to get everything open prior to opening Axe Edit III or the audio programs all are stuck on Pause until after a restart.

Running High Sierra and I never have issues with Logic X itself, but sometimes after using Logic I will get a communication time out when I open Axe-Edit III next. Almost always power cycling the AxeFX III fixes that (once in a blue moon I'll have to reboot my MacBook Pro as well). I never do run Logic and Axe-Edit at the same time as one another though.

Back
Top Bottom