Issue when using Axe-Edit III at same time as Logic

The method described above works for me too. I also got a promising email from the pro audio team at Apple—a fantastically helpful group based on past experiences. They want us to send them some logs to help detail where the problem may lie.

(Open Logic, then turn on Axe FX III, then start Axe Edit)
Works fir sure

Am I the only one for whom this does not work? It works until I do anything in Logic. After that, most of the block controls disappear in AEIII. Can't even bypass a block.
Also, when Logic is open, AE loads the user cabs much slower than when it is not.

Am I the only one for whom this does not work? It works until I do anything in Logic. After that, most of the block controls disappear in AEIII. Can't even bypass a block.
Also, when Logic is open, AE loads the user cabs much slower than when it is not.

It doesn't work for me either so you're not alone. I still get the communication error after opening Axe Edit III.

It doesn't work for me either so you're not alone. I still get the communication error after opening Axe Edit III.
I just want to make sure, You are opening logic first, then turning on the Axe FX, then starting Axe Edit, correct?

Wait until logic is fully loaded before turning on the Axe Fx...

I just want to make sure, You are opening logic first, then turning on the Axe FX, then starting Axe Edit, correct?
I did it exactly like that last night, even restarted my computer and attempted this another couple of times, but it didn't work for me.

I did it exactly like that last night, even restarted my computer and attempted this another couple of times, but it didn't work for me.
:( sorry to hear that man, just for shits and giggles, did you try log, then axe edit, then axe FX?

Wish I had logic so I could try and help you out, i'm on Protools though.

:( sorry to hear that man, just for shits and giggles, did you try log, then axe edit, then axe FX?

Wish I had logic so I could try and help you out, i'm on Protools though.
I appreciate your help and everyone on the forum, it's a wealth of knowledge! I know this will all be worked out, and until then it's no hurry for me, just originally posted this not to complain but to make sure it was a known issue. Thanks again!

I've been messing with this a bit more and got the workaround to function.
In Logic - go to the Main menu, Control Surface Setup and UNCHECK New - Automatic Installation
I believe this polls USB devices continuously to locate external controllers and control surface. Once disabled, Axe Edit worked well. On re-enabling, AE again stops working.
If someone could corroborate this it would be very helpful.
Thanks

Last edited:
In Logic - go to the Main menu, Control Surface Setup and UNCHECK New - Automatic Installation
I believe this polls USB devices continuously to locate external controllers and control surface. Once disabled, Axe Edit worked well. On re-enabling, AE again stops working.
If someone could correlate this it would be very helpful.
Thanks

I can corroborate this -- it works for me. I armed a one track session, hit the record button, and ran axe edit, making changes to a preset, and saving it to the unit.

It works as it should.

Last edited:
If someone could correlate this it would be very helpful.
Thanks

Works like a charm.....thanks!

If someone could corroborate this it would be very helpful.
Thanks

Thank you! This resolved my issues also. OSX 10.11.6, Logic Pro X.

Apple is officially on board to get this issue resolved. It could be awhile because of WWDC next month, but we're working together on it.
just tell them you made the guitar sound for U2 at that Apple shindig, and they'll help you faster :p

Reactions: Fro
Back
Top Bottom